Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Multiple accurate goalkickers needed ASAP

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

KickTruly wrote:
Did Peter McKenna have any children? boys?

His daughter worked with us at Defence and was very solid. We invited Peter to a work do at the mess and he came along and I was sitting next to him at lunch. Never mentioned a son but was very protective of his daughter.

He asked me if I was his favourite player as I had his number on my back and I explained that he was was second after John Greening but Mum would only sew one number on my jumper.

Lovely fellow and was a tragedy he never played in a premiership, probably due to that arsehole Odea and his criminal coach Jeans.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting question. I was watching some magnificent footage of him last night and I actually said out loud (to myself - oh no, we've reached that stage), "How did we not get this man to have 20 football-playing sons?"

I kid you not. Anyway, here's the footage. It's not perfect but it is, I think, a genuine treat (the first part is around 10 minutes and the second part is about 20):

1965 to 1969: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yidAcAPoKpI

1970: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCccm1jVSJs

The same account has extended highlights of other champion players. I watched Greening, McKenna, Price and Twiggy end to end last night. I saved Big Len (who was always my favourite) for later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: