Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood the new Carlton circa 2004

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:37 pm
Post subject: Collingwood the new Carlton circa 2004Reply with quote

With the perfect storm of a number of converging events on and off the field it has been suggested that Collingwood are resembling the Carlton of the early 2000’s. And it has also been said that it can result in decades in the wilderness akin to the likes of Carlton, Essendon, etc. The alarming key ingredient in the destruction of our Clubs plural was the abandonment of the home grounds so loved by generations of fans. Watching Collingwood playing in the freezing Melbourne winter at the MCG and languishing in the bottom four Is not worth paying for. I won’t go to that appalling MCG and freeze to watch a Club like Collingwood play a crap brand of football when for the same pleasure many overpaid players earn $50 k a game. And still Clubs like Carlton with their pathetic losing culture sign up players to long term multi million dollar contracts. What a sick joke. In the meantime the greedy AFL and the filthy media think everything is just fine. They have destroyed our game and the corporate pied pipers of AFL Clubs reckon the fans will return when Covid settles down . No chance baby! And on this BB you here a couple of posters crapping on about loyalty! They are the hypocrites who thankfully are being ignored by the overwhelming majority of fans. We have had enough and are not going to the games. Give us back a game for the people and stop the greed of players and media who are wrecking what was the greatest people’s game in the world . Collingwood are quickly looking like Carlton 20 years ago. And look at how successful Carlton is today. Now Collingwood fans United We’ll Never Be Defeated. Stand up to the media grubs , turn off their pathetic broadcasting and continue not to attend games until they listen .
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We are having a poor season, but no way are we like Carlton of yesteryear. The Blues never got over John Elliott, and his power plays, thuought they could buy premierships with cheque book football. The Blues never came to terms with the draft, and cheated the draft in the mid 1990s, and won a flag, cos of that blatant cheating. They have been team building for over 20 yrs, they are very different to us on all levels. We are now playing a host of kids, 8 debutants so far this yr, more to come, the Blues rarely play kids. I loved suburban footy too, but its gone forever now, and to be honest, some of those grounds were freezing too, in the rain, like Glenferrie, western oval, windy hill, moorabbin, even Vic park. The game has changed mate, some of it i dont like either , but we just have to adjust, i agree with some of your sentiments, but i do not think we are anything like Carlton at all.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:38 pm

Perhaps we put a CFC logo on the front of our jumper
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:55 am

May i remind everyone that we were 50 seconds (and a correct umpiring call or a crappy forward entry by Treloar - depending on your preference) away from winning a premiership only THREE years ago. And two years ago, it was just a ruck tandem of Brodie Grundy and Rupert Willnot (who successfully tied the ball up in our forward line for 8 minutes without allowing us to score a single goal) that prevented us going to back to back grand finals.

I would not say that this makes us the new Carlton.

I would argue we are the same old Collingwood and it is what prevents us from winning flags. Just let us f$cking rebuild this thing. Its gonna take three years. Let us bottom out. Stop focusing on ladder position for a couple of years and let us restock. Look at the Lions and the Demons. They were a joke for the past 6 years and one of them will likely win a flag this year.

Also, are you all on the one hand complaining about the Grundy contract (for tying up arguably the best ruckman in the comp for years) and on the other hand praising Carlton for the Cripps deal??????

Collingwood supporters are a confusing lot.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:09 am

Hiss has been on the Corio again.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:49 am

Not to mention the lack of free beanies for Legends members
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:31 am

and what's happening with the Pie night they promised?

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Stinga 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Come on guys, stuff the beanies and the pie night, THE FRIDGE MAGNET is the big issue here!!!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:57 pm

Hope Scum get flogged tonight as us at 89.7 to them 90.1 we slip above them

Jezz they 💩 me

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:06 pm

Our club would never sink to the decades long slump that Carlscum has been through.

Despite the knifing of Nathan this year, we will weather this storm and emerge stronger.

I remember the new Magpies. It isnt that bad yet.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: