Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Get Rid of List Cloggers at Years end Like North did last ye

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:41 pm
Post subject: Get Rid of List Cloggers at Years end Like North did last yeReply with quote

Starting to think we should do what North Did last season is get rid of there List Cloggers. We are Cleaning out the Footy Department at Seasons End and should do the Same a bit with our Playing List,

Get Rid of Too Old Role Players and Players who don't have a Future.

Looking at:

- Greenwood(Retire)
- Mayne (Retire)
- Madgen(Not Good Enough)
- JT ( Not part of our next Contending Team)
- C Brown (Not Good Enough)
- Cox (Not Good Enough and be gone when we be Good Again)

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno what games you watch Dave, but Mayne is in our top 10 players right now. He doesn’t do much wrong.

The others, I fully agree.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:52 pm

Players out of contract at the end of the season.

Scott Pendlebury
Josh Thomas
Mason Cox
Levi Greenwood
Brayden Sier
Chris Mayne
Max Lynch
Jack Madgen
Anton Tohill
John Noble
Darcy Cameron
Jay Rantall
Tom Wilson
Trey Ruscoe
Isaac Chugg
Jack Ginnivan

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:03 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
Dunno what games you watch Dave, but Mayne is in our top 10 players right now. He doesn’t do much wrong.

I don't really say that is a Good Thing then.

We should be having Better Players Playing Better

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:22 pm

burnsy17 wrote:

He will retire anyway. Wants to head home to WA doesn't he?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:44 pm

For mine, it depends on who we have coming in to replace them.
If we aren’t in a position to bring in any ready made quality to replace those six, then you would end up with a list profile of around 25 kids who have played less than 20 games each. We already have enough impatient supporters as it is without more years of winning less than a handful of games each season.
Will supporters be ok with not winning many games at all for next two years because half the team can’t run out a game or hold their ground in a contest. Would the new coach that Collingwood identifies as their man still want to take the job because he can’t see a winning season for the next two or three years ? So unless we plan to bring to bring in a couple ready made upgrades, Im ok with giving Thomas and Brown another season as depth players.

I also don’t buy into the criticism of Mayne. He’s playing deep back pocket and winning the ball repeatedly. There isn’t a coach alive who instructs their back pocket to start their scoring launches from the oppositions goal line.
Win the ball and don’t cough it up is what you want from a deep defender.
Leave the quick ball movement to players Mayne gives the ball off to.
Having said that, I’m also ok if he finished up at the end of the year but it would be because it suited both parties, not because he was playing poor footy.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:24 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
For mine, it depends on who we have coming in to replace them.
If we aren’t in a position to bring in any ready made quality to replace those six, then you would end up with a list profile of around 25 kids who have played less than 20 games each. We already have enough impatient supporters as it is without more years of winning less than a handful of games each season.
Will supporters be ok with not winning many games at all for next two years because half the team can’t run out a game or hold their ground in a contest. Would the new coach that Collingwood identifies as their man still want to take the job because he can’t see a winning season for the next two or three years ? So unless we plan to bring to bring in a couple ready made upgrades, Im ok with giving Thomas and Brown another season as depth players.

I also don’t buy into the criticism of Mayne. He’s playing deep back pocket and winning the ball repeatedly. There isn’t a coach alive who instructs their back pocket to start their scoring launches from the oppositions goal line.
Win the ball and don’t cough it up is what you want from a deep defender.
Leave the quick ball movement to players Mayne gives the ball off to.
Having said that, I’m also ok if he finished up at the end of the year but it would be because it suited both parties, not because he was playing poor footy.

I agree P2016. Mayne is not being played instead of a kid. He is being played as well as a young kid. He is there to provide the structure to support their progress. As you said, if you can find a better scaffolder than Mayne, then by all means play him instead. Mayne did OK tonight I thought.
As you said, he is there to hit hard bodies,get possession and pass it off to the kids. They are not yet fully capable of winning the hard possessions requiring mature bodies.
I think that some supporters think we should just play 11 kids from now on, every game.
Playing the kids is necessary, providing that you do it intelligently

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:26 pm

If Mayne was preventing someone from playing, I would be concerned. But it seems there isn't anyone knocking on the door to take his spot.

He seems to be doing quite well lately, and, he's even learning to move the ball forward.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:16 pm

Jezza wrote:

Scott Pendlebury: KEEP
Josh Thomas: DELIST
Mason Cox: TRADE
Levi Greenwood: RETIRE
Brayden Sier: PACKET OF TWISTIES TRADE
Chris Mayne: GOOD ENOUGH TO GO ON BUT RETIREMENT LIKELY
Max Lynch: TRADE
Jack Madgen: DELIST
Anton Tohill: DELIST
John Noble: TRADE: CANNOT KICK OR TACKLE OR GO DIRECT
Darcy Cameron: KEEP
Jay Rantall: KEEP
Tom Wilson: KEEP
Trey Ruscoe: DELIST
Isaac Chugg: LETS SEE HIM PLAY FIRST
Jack Ginnivan
: LETS SEE HIM PLAY FIRST
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:46 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Jack Ginnivan

Too tough on Noble. Was horrid today but good last match. One kick springs to mind through the middle onto the chest of Pendles for a goal. Will be better under a more attacking coach. Lynch list clogger for sure but insurance until the new recruit comes along and didn’t deserve to be dropped. Everyone else is fine.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:58 pm

Haff wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Jack Ginnivan

Too tough on Noble. Was horrid today but good last match. One kick springs to mind through the middle onto the chest of Pendles for a goal. Will be better under a more attacking coach. Lynch list clogger for sure but insurance until the new recruit comes along and didn’t deserve to be dropped. Everyone else is fine.

On Lynch can you be a list clogger if you have only played three games? I liked what I saw of him last week and I think he needs more development before we see what he might be capable of.

Sier on the other hand doesn't seem to be able to dominate when in the seniors and maybe needs a chance at another club.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:12 am

burnsy17 wrote:

Agree re Mayne, Magden was also one of our better players. He's not sexy but he is doing a lot better than Murphy right now. Thomas was also terrific and has shown he gets better the better the team is that he is on.

JT and WHE started the year slowly (dont know why). Both are back to playing a pretty good standard of footy.

Given how many spots are open for the kids, i just cant think of a reason why you would cull JT, Mayne or Magden just yet. Of course Mayne might be set to retire at year end, but i wouldnt ax him on form or ability.

I agree that Cox, Brown and Sier are probably done and Greenwood, who is NOT a list clogger, is likely to retire. but why put him on the top of the list when you are ranting? he's been an awesome servant of the club and may have a life altering condition as a result of the dedication he has shown the game.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:19 am

Jezza wrote:
On Lynch can you be a list clogger if you have only played three games? I liked what I saw of him last week and I think he needs more development before we see what he might be capable of.

Yeah I think the comment might have been made in haste. There is a lot to like. We should definitely keep him on our list for next year.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:46 am

Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Yeah I think the comment might have been made in haste. There is a lot to like. We should definitely keep him on our list for next year.

We have a lot of list cloggers playing quite well on teams that are better than us!!! Aish looked pretty good today. would you rather him or Callum Brown? sometimes youth isnt the answer.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:59 am

Is there an option to trade Aish for C. Brown? No

Amazing how Callum could suddenly kick a 45m goal today, after everyone (fairly enough) trashing him for not being able to kick from 30m

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: