Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley has stepped down

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
As amicable as the club wants us to believe this is it isn’t like that really
Firstly if Buckley decided on his own accord he wasn’t the man to oversee the regeneration of the list and communicated that to the powers that be he could have announced that stayed as head coach until seasons end to add some stability to the club at a time when there is upheaval coming in truck loads to the board room it appears
That isn’t the case as I posted earlier in this thread.
The leaks are slowly coming out about certain players and different scenarios many of which will be false but some will have some truth to them
I know for fact there is 1 senior player within the group who has been white anting the coach for nearly a year now at every opportunity
He’s leaked stuff to media and other people and Wright has him in his sights as well but that’s a different story which will play out some time before seasons end
I’ve been told that Buckley was meeting with Wright twice weekly talking and going over everything football and Wright was asking him many hard questions on his match day decisions, selections decisions or preferences and also on certain players and there roles within the team and the dynamics between the assistant coaches and head coach
I’m hearing Wright was not overly impressed by many of the responses and when Buckley sort out his level of support he could expect from Wright he was told he couldn’t provide it at this stage
That’s how Buckley made the decision
He’s been around long enough to know the internal workings of a footy club and his commonsense told him to walk away
I always respected Buckley the player and coach and always will but his time had to come to a end
I hope he takes some time to recharge his batteries spend time with his sons and take a few deep breaths

I trust what you say.
You have always been careful in what you say and you seem to have better inside knowledge than most on here.
Keep posting please
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:55 am

Good post qldmagpie, sums up what’s happened. The club’s a mess unfortunately.

I know who the player is and if they don’t change their attitude quick smart, all the money in their contract won’t save them from being moved on at the end of the year.
Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:08 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:

I know who the player is and if they don’t change their attitude quick smart, all the money in their contract won’t save them from being moved on at the end of the year.

so who is the player? don't keep us all in suspense....

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:17 am

Pipes1970 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Mate, I think most of Nicks have a fair idea! Media reported the rumours Grundy and Roughie were “talking around corners” to get rid of Buckley. So take your pick. Personally, I don’t think Grundy’s “injury” is keeping him out for weeks. Honestly though, we could play pin the tail on the donkey and probably be right, that’s how the media does it. Current player too. Definitely not Stepho, he just does bogan rock and roll stuff.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:25 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Players bitch about the coach every day of the week, particularly if they get overlooked for the senior team. You take it with a grain of salt, particularly if you're as experienced as someone like Graham Wright. That would have had zero bearing on the decision not to extend Buckley's contract.
Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:34 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pipes1970 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Mate, I think most of Nicks have a fair idea! Media reported the rumours Grundy and Roughie were “talking around corners” to get rid of Buckley. So take your pick. Personally, I don’t think Grundy’s “injury” is keeping him out for weeks. Honestly though, we could play pin the tail on the donkey and probably be right, that’s how the media does it. Current player too. Definitely not Stepho, he just does bogan rock and roll stuff.

well there you go...I did actually read that media report... I immediately just dismissed it as most of what is reported in the media now days is just made up.

Do you remember when the fourth estate was beyond reproach and provided balanced, fair and more importantly factual stories? "sigh" good times....

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:37 am

In any event, whoever the player is, their view was at all material times correct.

No-one grown up cares why Buckley went, finally. The decision is made. Just be glad it's finally sorted and focus on how the team gets better from Tuesday.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:39 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pipes1970 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Jesus you can talk some crap. Laughing Are you saying we imagined Grundy's neck almost being taken off in that contest and him later being rushed to hospital? Sure, it's all a ruse … Rolling Eyes

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:40 am

He's a soft, outside player, David.
Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:44 am

well that escalated quickly!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:50 am

^ Look, it's just extremely important that we pledge our collective allegiance to the ancien regime while Graham Wright's playing Danton.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:11 pm

Oh for Chris’s sake, I’m just repeating what’s common knowledge and reported in media. It’s not the number one reason, and definitely far from the only reason, why Bucks was tapped. Losing confidence from some players definitely contributed though, we can’t deny that. That’s all I’m saying, it’s a part of the problem, not the problem.

And yeah, I’m saying it. Grundy could play this week no problem, but isn’t. Not hard to connect the dots, and it wouldn’t be the first time an injury was used to cover a personal issue. It goes a long way to explaining the disconnect in our midfield the past year too. Since 2019 it hasn’t been the same, and it came to a head in the hub last year.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:17 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Oh for Chris’s sake, I’m just repeating what’s common knowledge and reported in media. It’s not the number one reason, and definitely far from the only reason, why Bucks was tapped. Losing confidence from some players definitely contributed though, we can’t deny that. That’s all I’m saying, it’s a part of the problem, not the problem.

And yeah, I’m saying it. Grundy could play this week no problem, but isn’t. Not hard to connect the dots, and it wouldn’t be the first time an injury was used to cover a personal issue. It goes a long way to explaining the disconnect in our midfield the past year too. Since 2019 it hasn’t been the same, and it came to a head in the hub last year.

Every time there is a problem between the players and the club hierarchy, you always smear the players. Like clockwork. You never miss.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:28 pm

How am I smearing the players? It’s been alleged (with fair evidence) some players wanted Buckley gone. One player in particular was white-anting him. Some of the players get paid millions, so if they think being called out for their part in Buckley’s departure is a smear campaign, then they have their heads further up their bums than I’d thought.

Also, haven’t most Nicksters been bagging these players all year?
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Thanks Qldpie. Interesting times to come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25   

Jump to: