Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley has stepped down

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it too late to give Bucks a 2 year extension?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:10 pm

I've made it no secret that I felt a change was required in the coaching department, but I'm very pleased that Buckley got the perfect farewell. The only disappointment was the game wasn't at the MCG, so a lot of the supporter base didn't get to farewell him at the ground.

Feels surreal that this is the end of his coaching tenure. It only feels like yesterday we were witnessing him start Peter Yagmoor, Jackson Paine and Paul Seedsman for their first games against Hawthorn in round 1 2012. Pendles and Sidey are the only two players to have been there from start to finish.

Best wishes to Nathan Buckley!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:16 pm

Today is just further proof that the time is right, it's clearly not working but there is enough talent there for a decent coach to turn it all around.

The biggest problem would have been allowing the new recruits from last year which will build the base of our rebuild to become too conditioned to a failed game plan.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:15 pm

Pipes1970 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
There seems to be some posters who think the unnamed player I am referring to is Brodie Grundy
I can tell you the name of the player I heard white anting Buckley IS NOT Grundy
Grundy is for sure a different cat marches to the beat of his own drum and was definitely disappointed at the clubs handling of the Treloar departure but I have not heard any thing to make me believe he has been anything other than supportive of the coach
As I said previously I see no reason to name the player publicly as it’s been pointed out to me previously some media people may read these pages and it only makes for more headlines something the club doesn’t need for sure
I trust Wright has the experience to handle the player concerned

Just when I think I am out you drag me back in!!!!

I just want to know who we are speculating about…. There is nothing like a good conspiracy theory!!!

Pendles? His body language at the end of the game was weird. It took him until when the ceremony commenced to walk over to Buckley. He said a few words, put his arm around Buckley and then walked away.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:24 pm

On the other hand, he had 20 contested possessions and 12 intercept possessions, so he certainly pulled out all the stops. Perhaps he’s conflicted - he might well both be very loyal and at the same time very sad that he’s wasted the last 10 years - from age 24 to age 34 - playing in a losing gameplan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25   

Jump to: