Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley has stepped down

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Maximus Farquaad Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been happy with Grundy's performances over the last couple of seasons, in part because he is supposed to be a senior player and a leader and I hadn't seen that leadership. If he has taken an active part in the coaching change though, I congratulate him. It had to be done.

Miyagi, as for Grundy's neck injury, can you provide us with the scans that show the impingement of the nerve has improved enough to allow him to play? Or did you just make up that comment as you posted? This is his second neck injury so I assume there is a pre existing issue there. As someone that has suffered a herniated disc in my neck I understand Grundy's issues. Within 24 hours I went from being fit and very strong in the weights room to not having enough strength in my right arm to be able to remove the car keys from the ignition. I was lucky and didn't require surgery, but it took a couple of weeks for the disc to improve and then for the nerve to repair itself. I wasn't rushing to play AFL football either. As long as Grundy recovers to be fully fit for next year, why worry about whether he is playing on Monday. Why risk it?

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:12 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
In any event, whoever the player is, their view was at all material times correct.

No-one grown up cares why Buckley went, finally. The decision is made. Just be glad it's finally sorted and focus on how the team gets better from Tuesday.

Or. better still from Monday afternoon.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:24 pm

I like this review regarding Buck's departure better than all the above inuendo Wink

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/buckley-and-the-empty-trophy-cabinet-a-true-collingwood-story-20210609-p57zja.html
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:00 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
I like this review regarding Buck's departure better than all the above inuendo Wink

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/buckley-and-the-empty-trophy-cabinet-a-true-collingwood-story-20210609-p57zja.html

I like the note to the selection panel.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:14 pm

I have been told the players name and whilst I trust my source but I feel it’s better that name isn’t made public
I trust Wright has the experience to handle it
I don’t think the players white anting had any impact on the clubs decision not to back Buckley that I feel was set in stone a while ago but it has made life more difficult for him having to deal with more speculation and innuendo
Being coach at Collingwood comes with its own level of scrutiny as it is it doesn’t need extra heaped on
As Me Myagi said he’s aware of the same thing so we will wait and see the clubs handling of the situation
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:37 pm

Agree. I think Buckley and he’s man management history coincided with the new batch of unhappy players and the club admin had seen enough.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:50 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
How am I smearing the players? It’s been alleged (with fair evidence) some players wanted Buckley gone. One player in particular was white-anting him. Some of the players get paid millions, so if they think being called out for their part in Buckley’s departure is a smear campaign, then they have their heads further up their bums than I’d thought.

Also, haven’t most Nicksters been bagging these players all year?

I also recall you recycling the spurious club line about Treloar's "mental problems" during the salary cap debacle. You do it every time.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:19 pm

FFS peoples, of course there would have been some players who disliked Bucks. I'm sure there's a few at the Hawks who dislike Clarkson, and more than a few who dislike Beveridge at the Dogs, Hardwick at the Tigers and every other coach at every other club.

So who gives a flying phuck if there were a couple of disgruntled players at Collingwood, happy to badmouth Bucks. Being coach is not a popularity contest. I can recall back in the 70s stories of many players who not only disliked, but hated Barassi. This didn't stop him winning flags at the blues and Kangaroos.

So let's not get our balls in a knot over the fact that apparently there were a couple of players disgruntled with Bucks. I don't care who they were and I don't even want to know who they were.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:25 pm

Why are we still talking about Buckley? Oh yeah Tuesday...
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:09 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Players bitch about the coach every day of the week, particularly if they get overlooked for the senior team. You take it with a grain of salt, particularly if you're as experienced as someone like Graham Wright. That would have had zero bearing on the decision not to extend Buckley's contract.

I believe Wright said he spoke with every player about his view on the coach. I don't think it can then have zero bearing. Small bearing, maybe...

RudeBoy wrote:
FFS peoples, of course there would have been some players who disliked Bucks. I'm sure there's a few at the Hawks who dislike Clarkson, and more than a few who dislike Beveridge at the Dogs....

Bevo? I doubt it. Maybe Scott West dislikes him for not picking his son more. (Scott West seems to be all about himself.)
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:20 pm

Will end his coaching career at Collingwood with 116 win, 2 draws and 100 losses.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:13 pm

Lord Maximus Farquaad wrote:
Dale Thomas’ FIGJAM sympathy tweet was quickly deleted on the day of Bucks’ sacking announcement. It appears that they weren’t close.

Still dead to me. Glad he bled Carlscum of the dollars he wanted from us.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:33 pm

I wonder how long the keyboard warriors here, will give our next coach, when the poor bastard does not deliver them an instant GF, and or flag ?? I pity the poor guy, i really do. Just had to say that as my last comment here, so if u reply to me, having a go, i wont see it, hero. Oh and good luck Bucks, in whatever you do in life, you will always be a Magpie legend.! The end.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:36 pm

i hate carlton wrote:
Lord Maximus Farquaad wrote:
Dale Thomas’ FIGJAM sympathy tweet was quickly deleted on the day of Bucks’ sacking announcement. It appears that they weren’t close.

Still dead to me. Glad he bled Carlscum of the dollars he wanted from us.

I'm with you. He was one of my favourites, but Daisy's disrespect toward the Pies since he left has been unrelenting. I hope he enjoys the encroaching obscurity. I also hope he never comes back to the club. At least not without a genuine apology.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:53 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I have been told the players name and whilst I trust my source but I feel it’s better that name isn’t made public
I trust Wright has the experience to handle it
I don’t think the players white anting had any impact on the clubs decision not to back Buckley that I feel was set in stone a while ago but it has made life more difficult for him having to deal with more speculation and innuendo
Being coach at Collingwood comes with its own level of scrutiny as it is it doesn’t need extra heaped on
As Me Myagi said he’s aware of the same thing so we will wait and see the clubs handling of the situation

No names needed QLD, wink wink nudge nudge, know what I mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kwh3R0YjuQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25   

Jump to: