Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley has stepped down

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Maximus Farquaad Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
Magpietothemax,

I’m hurting for Buckley. I really wanted him to do well for us. It’s a massive shame but this shouldn’t cloud my logical thinking.

Oh right. Was it all this love for Bucks and same logical thinking that caused you to constantly call Bucks by the derogatory term of FIGJAM ???

Well, that’s what his team mates used to call him. Behind his back, of course.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:41 pm

^ Actually, was just talking to a Port supporter about the brilliant year that Bucks had with Port in the SANFL. Premiership player, BoG in that, Magery medal winner, club B and F.
We both thought it'd be quite ironic if he found his way back to the prison bars. However, I reckon his boys will be his first priority now, so expect he'll be based in Melbourne for many years yet.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:44 pm

Lord Maximus Farquaad wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
Magpietothemax,

I’m hurting for Buckley. I really wanted him to do well for us. It’s a massive shame but this shouldn’t cloud my logical thinking.

Oh right. Was it all this love for Bucks and same logical thinking that caused you to constantly call Bucks by the derogatory term of FIGJAM ???

Well, that’s what his team mates used to call him. Behind his back, of course.

That may well be true, but doubt the above poster was channelling Bucks' team mates when using the term. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:44 pm

I assume he will go straight back into the footy media. Well paid, good hours, no preparation required or accountability needed. Easy life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Dale Thomas’ FIGJAM sympathy tweet was quickly deleted on the day of Bucks’ sacking announcement. It appears that they weren’t close.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:51 pm

Lord Maximus Farquaad wrote:
Dale Thomas’ FIGJAM sympathy tweet was quickly deleted on the day of Bucks’ sacking announcement. It appears that they weren’t close.

Anyone checked Heath's twitter?

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:02 pm

That’s not how Daisy spoke of Bucks on radio:
https://omny.fm/shows/the-rub/dale-thomas-tribute-to-nathan-buckley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:27 pm

That radio excerpt doesn’t mention anything about what he thinks of him as a person. It doesn’t refer to their relationship at all.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:31 pm

Two-faced Daisy, eh? Who’d have thought. Heater got the boot up the ass he deserved, even Ray and Tony said he deserved to be traded. They can’t blame Bucks when half the team wanted to dump Heater in concrete shoes in Port Phillip Bay, and Daisy was shot with his ankle and whinging for Malthouse to hold his hand.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:34 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Two-faced Daisy, eh? Who’d have thought. Heater got the boot up the ass he deserved, even Ray and Tony said he deserved to be traded. They can’t blame Bucks when half the team wanted to dump Heater in concrete shoes in Port Phillip Bay, and Daisy was shot with his ankle and whinging for Malthouse to hold his hand.

Really??? I find these comments quite disheartening
You condemn others for speaking in a contemptuous manner about Collingwood legends, and yet you come up with sh**! like this.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:09 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
If I were Bucks, I’d drop the players who don’t want to play for him, and only play those who do. We’d field a full team, just minus a millionaire

What makes you so sure?

Agree Ronnie. How does MM know with such certainty?? He has already admitted himself that he believes Roughie was disenchanted with Buckley's coaching. Yet now he says it is only Brodie Grundy. I am amazed at MM's detailed knowledge of the inner mindset of our team. Not sure how he gleans his info, unless it is telepathy??

No idea how Roughead gets along with the coach, and it doesn’t matter now anyhow. I do think that he has been used in an ultra defensive role in the last line of defence in his time at Collingwood. He actually is a premiership ruckman who kicked 34 goals from 138 games at the Dogs. At Collingwood one goal from 52 games. Will be interesting to see if his role changes with a new coach.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:21 am

As amicable as the club wants us to believe this is it isn’t like that really
Firstly if Buckley decided on his own accord he wasn’t the man to oversee the regeneration of the list and communicated that to the powers that be he could have announced that stayed as head coach until seasons end to add some stability to the club at a time when there is upheaval coming in truck loads to the board room it appears
That isn’t the case as I posted earlier in this thread.
The leaks are slowly coming out about certain players and different scenarios many of which will be false but some will have some truth to them
I know for fact there is 1 senior player within the group who has been white anting the coach for nearly a year now at every opportunity
He’s leaked stuff to media and other people and Wright has him in his sights as well but that’s a different story which will play out some time before seasons end
I’ve been told that Buckley was meeting with Wright twice weekly talking and going over everything football and Wright was asking him many hard questions on his match day decisions, selections decisions or preferences and also on certain players and there roles within the team and the dynamics between the assistant coaches and head coach
I’m hearing Wright was not overly impressed by many of the responses and when Buckley sort out his level of support he could expect from Wright he was told he couldn’t provide it at this stage
That’s how Buckley made the decision
He’s been around long enough to know the internal workings of a footy club and his commonsense told him to walk away
I always respected Buckley the player and coach and always will but his time had to come to a end
I hope he takes some time to recharge his batteries spend time with his sons and take a few deep breaths
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:33 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I know for fact there is 1 senior player within the group who has been white anting the coach for nearly a year now at every opportunity
He’s leaked stuff to media and other people and Wright has him in his sights as well but that’s a different story which will play out some time before seasons end

Do you know the identity of that senior player?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:26 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
^ Actually, was just talking to a Port supporter about the brilliant year that Bucks had with Port in the SANFL. Premiership player, BoG in that, Magery medal winner, club B and F.
We both thought it'd be quite ironic if he found his way back to the prison bars. However, I reckon his boys will be his first priority now, so expect he'll be based in Melbourne for many years yet.

Plenty of precedent for that. The great Mark Williams played 5 seasons at Port Adelaide (1979, 1980 and 1990-92) and won the flag in 4 of them (he missed out in 1991). As we all know, he was also a premiership coach at the Power and coached them to the top of the table in 3 consecutive seasons.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:33 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Really??? I find these comments quite disheartening
You condemn others for speaking in a contemptuous manner about Collingwood legends, and yet you come up with sh**! like this.

you'd almost call this behaviour two-faced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 21 of 25   

Jump to: