Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley has stepped down

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Where are all the Buckley bashers doing cartwheels? Claiming bragging rights for this decision? To me it will be yet another incredibly sad chapter in the life of CFC. I feel for Pendles who has gone from having a very slight chance of winning another flag over the next 2 - 3 years to a team building stage that will take some time to gel and be strong enough to win a flag. Happy to be quoted in the future but I don’t see flag success for at least 5 years.

Lazza, those of us that wanted Buckley gone ain't doing cartwheels ..

Speak for yourself,
I haven't seen the wife this happy since Buddha took over the midfield group.
Me? .... Ive already nicked a calf and torn a bicep.

Cartwheels aint as easy as they look.

Sorry Carringbush! cartwheel away!
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:33 am

Lazza wrote:

Happy to be quoted in the future but I don’t see flag success for at least 5 years.

The irony is we have had just 2 coaches for the past 21 years and only won 1 flag (and we nearly lost that).

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:34 am

The right move. I feel relieved that the club can finally move forward into a new era.

Nathan’s contribution to the club won’t be forgotten.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:34 am

thebaldfacts wrote:
Wonder if we decided to get in before Teague gets sacked.

I think its a smart move to be the first to get it done, it just means we are first to be able to get on with an appointment with transparency.
pieboy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 am

Pure and simple: He can't coach, he can't manage people, they have to pay players huge money to stay at the club hence the salary cap issues. He only initially got the job and a contract extension in 2017 after finishing 12th or lower every year for 4 years cause of McGuire. Buckley took over the youngest premiership team in over 30 years and he has been nothing short of a nightmare
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 am

Did the board whisper into bucks hear? Did GW instigate this?
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:36 am

yep
Good result.
Collingwood is bigger than one individual or in this case 2. Ed and Bux.
I now can watch the games with out that thought of when are we going to get rid of this robot.
Will the next coach do any better....answer.... who knows.
But I now can have some hope for the future.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:39 am

With Harvey at the helm we go from the out house to the dog house. I want this season to STOP.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:42 am

Good news that he's stepping down, but I would have liked him to see out the season. I don't see how reducing our (already clearly struggling) coaching pool midway through the year helps.
nulla 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 am

Nick Maxwell should step in for remainder.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 am

Bucks has been part of the Collingwood DNA for a quarter of a century. It's not going to feel like Collingwood without him for a while.

I understand people come and go, but this is a significant time period for a person who is historically significant for the club.

Regardless of which camp you were in about his continued coaching, he deserves the respect of the faithful and none of this, 'Good riddance, about time' crap.

As a side note, if as Caro suggests, we have signed Chris Scott... the player selected by the Bears with the pick we traded for Bucks (along with Starcevich and Lehmann), that would be quite a quirky full circle ending...
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:44 am

thebaldfacts wrote:
Not happy about Harvey. Personally I would like Lyon in ASAP.

I sincerely hope it's not Lyon. I don't understand the fascination with the guy.

He strikes me as a bit of a grifter who's talked his way into some decent jobs to achieve very little in any of them.

I won't stop supporting the club if we sign Lyon, but I can't see myself ever supporting Lyon.
maurs64 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:44 am

Is this a ploy to get us over the line against Melbourne???? The team firing up to win Buckley's last game???
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:47 am

Sad day for him personally but long overdue for the club.
A champion player, a legend of the club but unfortunately one of the worst coaches of all time.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:48 am

I honestly did not think this was going to happen going by the media support for Bucks, but I'm glad it has. It's long overdue and now we can finally move forward by bringing the RIGHT people with the RIGHT skills and experience for the job which, (let's be honest), Buckley never possessed.

He was gifted the job by kim jong ed who didn't want him going anywhere else. He had next to no experience and almost zero people skills - yet he was able to remain head coach for almost 10 yrs on the back of our dictator president calling the shots and continually extending his contract. Buckley was essentially made unaccountable because he always had kim jong ed in his corner - another reason why we need an EGM to ensure we elect the right people who act in the interests of the club and not their own.

It took a review and a lot of self-reflection after 7 yrs in order for Bucks to attempt to change his ways. I don't hate Bucks, I just never thought he was the best person for the job. I'm sure he tried his best and worked hard to get the best out of the team and I wish him well with whatever he does next with his life.

Well done to Wright and the Collingwood board for finally seeing the light and making the call. We can now finally close this bad chapter in our club's history and move forward. Employ a committee to oversee the interview process and find us the best head coach and assistants.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25   

Jump to: