Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley has stepped down

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^Very well put.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:40 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

People wanting to blame Buckley for two flags in 30 years are crazy. If Buckley had gone to another club he may have walked away with 6 flags by the time he finished. It’s the culture at Collingwood that’s the problem. Basically we’ve been sitting back basking in the glory days of Jock McHale era pretending the premierships would keep rolling along. Other clubs work their guts out while we sit on our bums admiring our framed pictures of our premiership teams. Our coaches all go too long, our presidents either go too long or too short and when it comes to money we either spend too much or spend too little. Bernie Quinlan would have given us at least two premierships under Tommy Hafey but the club didn’t want to spend another $5000 to get his signature. Then you think about how much money the club paid on Adam Treloar. The mind boggles. Those wanting to use Nathan Buckley as a convenient scapegoat for our lack of premiership success should be ashamed of themselves. We need to move on now. Thank Nathan for the job he did, hire a young gun coach like Sammy Mitchell, get our young kids going and work our guts out to move back up the ladder.

That's a fair synopsis, MBFC. There is a massive cultural issue at Pie Land and I'm not referring to the 'Do Better' report. Our desire to maintain an egalitarian attitude - developed in the 20's an 30's - has hurt us for the longest time. As you say, failing to pay a little extra to Quinlan is just one example. Ask players from the 60's, 70's and 80s about it. The attitude change in the mid-80's but it almost went too far the other way. Chasing relentlessly players from other clubs for no other reason than spite or desperation is legendary.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:56 pm

So which one of you is Tom Morris, Jake Niall or one of the players (Grundy, Roughead) who were sick of the defensive game plan and wanted Buckley gone? All of this looks familiar on Nicks. 😂 Good reads though and they sum up why change is needed.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/inside-nathan-buckley-s-exit-from-collingwood-20210609-p57zjg.html

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/plot-thickens-in-nathan-buckleys-messy-breakup-with-collingwood/news-story/88622e04948906ec8f32401cafa6f3cf
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:07 pm

Personally I wish people would stop playing the blame game.

I think that the 'Buckley supporters' understood that a change of Senior Coach was best for the Club. Even Buckley stated as such. I'd like to see a post that shows that any of the 'supporters' were happy with the game plan (whatever it was) and the results.

I'm sure Nathan doesn't need anyone to stick up for him.

It is the disrespect and the joy that some have shown at his dismissal and that by some miracle because this solves ALL our problems we will win a premiership before too long.

I hope we do but I doubt it.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:23 pm

^
Yeah agree 100%. Nathan has been extremely classy in handling his exit. Not sure digging up shit about why is relevant anymore. It's done, I find it boring to read the speculative stuff written about why now it's dead.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:32 pm

I think the speculative stuff is worth checking though because if we have a board/administration issue, and (allegedly) a few entitled players bucking for a new coach, then we might be in for more hurt in the future. Shows we have deeper issues and yes, moving Bucks on won’t fix anything until the other issues are addressed.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:48 pm

Yeah but then have Tom Morris spewing absolute shit. And Sam Maclure said on a few weeks ago Buckley had been offered a new contract. It's not worth your energy imo.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:14 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I think the speculative stuff is worth checking though because if we have a board/administration issue, and (allegedly) a few entitled players bucking for a new coach, then we might be in for more hurt in the future. Shows we have deeper issues and yes, moving Bucks on won’t fix anything until the other issues are addressed.

In fairness there will always be a group of players who want their coach gone. The same as there'll always be some workers who dislike their boss. Whoever is our new coach, will also have to accept that his job is not to be liked by everyone. That's normal.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:24 pm

Totally. But one things for sure, if Ross Lyon was appointed he would be hauling those players responsible into his office and eyeballing the individual and asking “have we got a problem here”? As would any new coach would I suspect.
Lord Maximus Farquaad Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:29 pm

simon tonna wrote:
Totally. But one things for sure, if Ross Lyon was appointed he would be hauling those players responsible into his office and eyeballing the individual and asking “have we got a problem here”? As would any new coach would I suspect.

That's a big assumption that you make. Assuming players were unhappy with the coaching style/game plan, that would put them in the same category as most of the supporters on this board, most of the supporters not on this board, and most of the game analysts in the media. If you're on a sinking ship and you can do something about it, you should. In other scenarios, that would be called leadership.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:40 pm

If the players who wanted Buckley gone don’t improve and start winning games under a new coach, they’ll need to have a long hard look in the mirror. Coaches and game plans only do so much — players are the ones who win and lose games.
Lord Maximus Farquaad Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
If the players who wanted Buckley gone don’t improve and start winning games under a new coach, they’ll need to have a long hard look in the mirror. Coaches and game plans only do so much — players are the ones who win and lose games.

Who are those players? Or is this all just speculation? Don't answer "Treloar and Stevo" either.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:14 pm

Lord Maximus Farquaad wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Who are those players? Or is this all just speculation? Don't answer "Treloar and Stevo" either.

Reported in media. Take it with a grain of salt. Grundy and Roughie were named as two who were talking change. I think there’s truth to it.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:24 pm

Do they need to be joint Copeland winners to get the Miyagi seal of approval - because some people already think they're in our best handful of players this year - see, eg: https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=89014
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:25 pm

Gutted.

I wish him well in the future, a great servant of the club and one of our greatest players.

I will blame all you negative whiteanting fairweather XXXXs if he wins a flag for another club!

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 19 of 25   

Jump to: