Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Demons.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:
How much will playing the match at the SCG affect things? I could see it favouring us actually.

Not having 60,000 cocky Melbourne supporters baying for our blood at the G will certainly help.With a small crowd at the SCG,the atmosphere will probably be very flat,so that should be to our advantage as well.I don’t think Melbourne will get as fired up for this game as they usually do at the MCG.

Same here, the Deeees will miss Dribblesworth and Marmaduke winston the third, not baying for the Magpies, and their leather elbowed chaps in their tweed jackets, quaffing cumber sandwiches and pimms, or brandy lime and sodas.. I was in the MCC long time ago, and saw them in action. ! Do it for Bucks and give him a fine send off, Pies by 16 points, in a major upset. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Hmmm. 8 Copeland Trophies in that last sentence - and Mayne has none of them.

He's a lock to get his this year, did you see him top the disposal count the other day?
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:34 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/629532

4 free tickets for anyone in Sydney

Giving away tickets to anyone who wants them; sounds a bit dire
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:10 pm

They used to do this in the early 90s with the Swans games, when the Swans were really bad.

We would get as many free tickets as we could (sometimes 30+ tickets by going to the headquarters of the local paper), take them to the ground and hand them out to Collingwood fans waiting to buy tickets. Pretty funny considering they were trying to attract new Swans supporters.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:47 pm

Lazza wrote:
dalyc wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I expect a splurt and then a splutter, followed by full capitulation.

Shudder at the thought of Harvey taking over next game but it's whatever I guess.

Hahaha ... you’ve been whinging and bitching about Bucks for however many years and now you’re bagging the bloke that hasn’t even coached one game.

As I said in a few other threads, success with having one coach removed due to some Nicksters comments will lead to the belief that other Collingwood coaches can be moved on as well🙄 This generation can do anything apparently🔥☠️💀 🛠🔪🪓

What am I missing? Exactly when did this happen? How on earth did any comments on Nick’s have anything to do with anything that happens at the club? Crazy talk!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm hoping Bucks gives 'Magic' Johnson a game. It probably ain't gonna happen, but it would be great for this kid to look back in 7 or 8 years and be able to say that he started his illustrious career under Nathan Buckley. I haven't been this excited about a new recruit for many years.
actually me too!
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:09 am

stoliboy wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:

They used to do this in the early 90s with the Swans games, when the Swans were really bad.

We would get as many free tickets as we could (sometimes 30+ tickets by going to the headquarters of the local paper), take them to the ground and hand them out to Collingwood fans waiting to buy tickets. Pretty funny considering they were trying to attract new Swans supporters.

A few of us went up by bus the year BT went sick and kicked 12. We were staying at the Chateau Commodore as all the cheer squad kids as well. Most being under 18 they were not allowed in the bar area but on the night before the 3 bands were on. Angels, Electric Pandas and some other mob who had been on countdown.

I went to reception and said is there something you can do for these kids because they should not be wandering around the cross. The manager organised a side bar to be opened serving soft drinks only. And they could see the bands. The idiots handed out a 2 drink voucher to every guest for the Bourbon and Beefsteak which they could not use. One of the cheer squad committee collected them all and gave them to me. I had 104 free drinks at the bar across the road. The kids had a good night, the 4 of us got smashed and the Swans got smashed the next day.

Free tickets were easy to get.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:00 am

Lazza wrote:
Okay I’ll stay silenced. I just want to say thanks for the memories and to those who in PM’s supported what I wrote. I now know why so many here don’t post in the bulletin section but are happy to say stuff in PM’s. The fallout is not worth the effort of posting. Some posters like Piesnchess and RB among others, shine here everyday. Will miss you guys. 😓🥲 My mistake was putting some of those comments into the public forum. I should have been more selective in what I posted. Anyway I remain a crazy (in more ways than one) Collingwood supporter until the roll is called up yonder🙏🏾 Over and out.👋🏾👋🏾👋🏾

Fallout, lol. Here's an idea... get over yourself and use the pre-game thread to talk about the game, not how you and Nathan have been unfairly victimised and silenced by meanies on Nick's with your passive-aggressive "I should be allowed to say whatever I want and nobody else can comment on it (unless they agree with me by PM)" BS

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:35 am

ronrat wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:

A few of us went up by bus the year BT went sick and kicked 12. We were staying at the Chateau Commodore as all the cheer squad kids as well. Most being under 18 they were not allowed in the bar area but on the night before the 3 bands were on. Angels, Electric Pandas and some other mob who had been on countdown.

I went to reception and said is there something you can do for these kids because they should not be wandering around the cross. The manager organised a side bar to be opened serving soft drinks only. And they could see the bands. The idiots handed out a 2 drink voucher to every guest for the Bourbon and Beefsteak which they could not use. One of the cheer squad committee collected them all and gave them to me. I had 104 free drinks at the bar across the road. The kids had a good night, the 4 of us got smashed and the Swans got smashed the next day.

Free tickets were easy to get.

Still, bit sad to see, he started out as the biggest drawcard in the AFL, and ends up in his last game and they can't even give the tickets away.

BTW, do you remember the (tiny) swans cheers squad made up mostly of old geezers, and there would be one bloke that would throw a stuffed bear up in the air every time Swans kicked a goal?

When I was a kid my brother tried to convince me its was actually a toddler they were throwing up in the air, I almost believed him too, the lying bastard!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:38 pm

The Final 22 has been settled. The full team is in the OP.

The changes and emergencies are:

EMG: Brown, Cox, Wilson, Rantall

IN: Mayne, McCreery

OUT: Sier (injured), Brown (Medi-Sub) and Rantall (omitted)
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:10 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
mudlark wrote:
There’s talk that Adam’s might be right as well as Grundy. Hopefully it’s right. I know this will upset the Checkers fan club, but he’s been terrible the last few weeks and his 6 possessions, with 3 coming in a quick last quarter burst, is just not good enough particularly when you see us kick a single goal in 3/4s of footy last week and your main forward doesn’t touch it. He needs a rest and bring in Cox or even Kelly. It may stir him into action. McCreery in for Thomas and Wilson in for Sier. I don’t see why he was dropped in he first place. Adam’s for Madgen. Collingwood by 17 points.

What do you expect Mihocek to do when the opposition clubs put their best tall defender on him week after week?

Swap him for someone taller and someone who doesn’t fall over all the time. But that’s just my opinion.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:29 pm

well, now locked in, to my way of thinking yet another set of incomprehensible selection decisions for this round.
a) Lynch stays in and Cox remains out. I can't see Lynch being capable of challenging Gawn in any ruck contests. Lynch also struggles to take a mark anywhere on the ground, so he won't even be a factor if we let Gawn run free and in return get Lynch to run free. Cox could potentially at least take a mark around the ground, and go forward to kick a goal or two.
b) Mayne in and Madgen remains in? Why both?? What is the purpose exactly?
c) We only have Crisp as an inside mid. Why not give C Brown another chance to see what he can do purely as a midfield extractor, rather than retaining both Madgen and Mayne??. Clearly,Bux will be forced to, or already intends to, play JDG purely in the midfield. Maybe, if Brown were in the squad, JDG could have spent a bit more time forward than he will be able to now.
It looks again like ultra-defensive selections, designed to limit the size of the loss more than anything else.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:27 pm

Good attempt to make sense of it, MTTM - but it might be best just to wait until next round and see whether anything much changes.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:44 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
well, now locked in, to my way of thinking yet another set of incomprehensible selection decisions for this round.
a) Lynch stays in and Cox remains out. I can't see Lynch being capable of challenging Gawn in any ruck contests. Lynch also struggles to take a mark anywhere on the ground, so he won't even be a factor if we let Gawn run free and in return get Lynch to run free. Cox could potentially at least take a mark around the ground, and go forward to kick a goal or two.
b) Mayne in and Madgen remains in? Why both?? What is the purpose exactly?
c) We only have Crisp as an inside mid. Why not give C Brown another chance to see what he can do purely as a midfield extractor, rather than retaining both Madgen and Mayne??. Clearly,Bux will be forced to, or already intends to, play JDG purely in the midfield. Maybe, if Brown were in the squad, JDG could have spent a bit more time forward than he will be able to now.
It looks again like ultra-defensive selections, designed to limit the size of the loss more than anything else.

I saw Lynch a few years ago in a practice match go up against Gawn.
Gawn slaughtered him.
Stupid selection
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:45 pm

Nothing has changed with me from the day Buckley took over as coach. From his first day to his last day I've never been able to figure out his team selections. How he can have Lynch rucking against Gawn is a mystery to me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: