Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Demons.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly on the Crows game, good win by the Pies well fought out. But let us not kid ourselves here people...if the Crows had kicked even half straight they would have won and won fairly easily.

Once again we kicked 5 in the first quater and only 6 more for the rest of the game. That is still better then we have managed for most of the season.

Melbourne are a whole different kettle of fish. I put my hand up any say I have actually really enjoyed watching the Demons this year. And if anyone is going to win the grand final I hope it is them. They deserve it.

I hope we keep it close, and if we can pinch a win fantastic...but I could also see the flood gates open on this one.

Melbourne by 12 points or Melbourne by 60 points.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:16 pm

I dont really expect to beat these toffy bastards, logic says we wont, but the pressure will be all on them, not us, as nobody will give us a chance, not one tipster. Ive seen bigger upsets than this one in footy, i can tell you. I reckon we will push em, right to the end, but Deeeees to get over the line. Jeez id love tob beat em, send their obnoxious fans on an early trip to the snow chalets.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Lazza wrote:
So are you predicting an almighty flogging Pies2016?

I do expect a bit of a touch up, Lazza. Unfortunately, they’re a good team with weapons on every line.

I also think we’re going to be much improved after the break, so I’m not playing the prophet of doom card just yet 😉
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:17 pm

There’s talk that Adam’s might be right as well as Grundy. Hopefully it’s right. I know this will upset the Checkers fan club, but he’s been terrible the last few weeks and his 6 possessions, with 3 coming in a quick last quarter burst, is just not good enough particularly when you see us kick a single goal in 3/4s of footy last week and your main forward doesn’t touch it. He needs a rest and bring in Cox or even Kelly. It may stir him into action. McCreery in for Thomas and Wilson in for Sier. I don’t see why he was dropped in he first place. Adam’s for Madgen. Collingwood by 17 points.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
So are you predicting an almighty flogging Pies2016?

I do expect a bit of a touch up, Lazza. Unfortunately, they’re a good team with weapons on every line.

I also think we’re going to be much improved after the break, so I’m not playing the prophet of doom card just yet 😉

Yeah I get what you are saying but I’m guessing that the final margin of our loss will hover around the 3 - 4 goal mark. I don’t think we’ll be smashed out of the park but I have been wrong with my thoughts before 🤔

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:45 pm

mudlark wrote:
There’s talk that Adam’s might be right as well as Grundy.

Depending upon where they are doing their rehab, there might be a question whether they can even get into NSW for a game next Monday.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:25 pm

Yep

Demons a real good, not just ad hoc good.

When rusty, Demons still have everything in place to stay in the game and when switched on, they punish.

Realistically, it will come down to miracles and the ability to negate their strengths whilst we play to our best.

Nothing to it really lol.

I've got the 1958 GF newspaper, and all the articles were linking Melbourne to a good win. 60+ yrs ago. Predictions are the same. Demons are unbeatable.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:31 pm

mudlark wrote:
There’s talk that Adam’s might be right as well as Grundy. Hopefully it’s right. I know this will upset the Checkers fan club, but he’s been terrible the last few weeks and his 6 possessions, with 3 coming in a quick last quarter burst, is just not good enough particularly when you see us kick a single goal in 3/4s of footy last week and your main forward doesn’t touch it. He needs a rest and bring in Cox or even Kelly. It may stir him into action. McCreery in for Thomas and Wilson in for Sier. I don’t see why he was dropped in he first place. Adam’s for Madgen. Collingwood by 17 points.

I hear you re Checkers and the stats don't look good. BUT, they dont tell the story of his influence. In my view he had a big influence on Elliott getting clear, having space to lead into, kick his early goals. Unselfishness of Checkers is that some weeks, he knows he wont get much of it, as long as one of the other forwards does. Team game. He is a team player

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:42 am

Pies2016 wrote:
A small ground, a dominant Gawn ( assuming Grundy doesn’t play ) and an opposition that likes to come up and meet the ball carrier. It’s a recipe for disaster.

It'll be interesting to watch Gawn. (Ditto Ryder when we play St K.)

Just to see what he does, how many hit out clangers he has, etc. (Hit out clangers of course do not show up in the caveman stats CD provides.)
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:04 am

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Yep

Demons a real good, not just ad hoc good.

When rusty, Demons still have everything in place to stay in the game and when switched on, they punish.

Realistically, it will come down to miracles and the ability to negate their strengths whilst we play to our best.

Nothing to it really lol.

I've got the 1958 GF newspaper, and all the articles were linking Melbourne to a good win. 60+ yrs ago. Predictions are the same. Demons are unbeatable.

One slight....just slight difference from 1958 and now...in 1958 the club was not at war with itself...also we had a side that was good enough to make a grand final so a pretty bloody good side.. ....2021 Collingwood is 16th on the ladder.

I am all for fairy tales and dreams too...but this could also be a blood bath if Melbourne come out playing well.

To have any chance AT ALL, we are grasping that Collingwood come out and play at 100% for four quaters and Melbourne play at 50% for four quaters...even then it is still a 50/50 game.

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:14 am

K wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
A small ground, a dominant Gawn ( assuming Grundy doesn’t play ) and an opposition that likes to come up and meet the ball carrier. It’s a recipe for disaster.

It'll be interesting to watch Gawn. (Ditto Ryder when we play St K.)

Just to see what he does, how many hit out clangers he has, etc. (Hit out clangers of course do not show up in the caveman stats CD provides.)

I think Gawn is a lot like Grundy....not a great tap ruckman but brilliant around the ground and can bob up and kick goals.

Contrast that with Nic Nat, brilliant tap ruckman but not much else. Funny isn't it. Now that age and injury history seems to be catching up with Nic Nat it seems to be really exposing how much West Coast depend on his tap work. For so long we have bemoaned if only Grundy was better at tap work...but then your midfeild becomes reliant on silver service every time. So much so that West Coast have lost the one dominant they once had.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:28 pm

mudlark wrote:

What do you expect Mihocek to do when the opposition clubs put their best tall defender on him week after week?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:30 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:

I hear you re Checkers and the stats don't look good. BUT, they dont tell the story of his influence. In my view he had a big influence on Elliott getting clear, having space to lead into, kick his early goals. Unselfishness of Checkers is that some weeks, he knows he wont get much of it, as long as one of the other forwards does. Team game. He is a team player

I'm a big fan of Checkers, so have noticed his drop off in output as well. Don't know if there's any correlation, but it seems to have happened since he took that classic screamer and won MOTW Wink ( Logically, this makes little sense, but then I don’t know that what happens within a footballer's brain is always logical Smile.

He is often a lead up player beyond the forward fifty too, but has not been as influential in this part of the ground either in recent weeks. He did take a strong mark or maybe two, against Adelaide, but then on one occasion failed to take advantage of JDG streaming past and kicked a long bomb inside 50 instead, which was cleared by Crow's defence.

So, he's not quite on his game, but I agree with what you say above kymbo. He is such a selfless team player and as such, will have a place in the team even if he's not kicking multiple goals.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:38 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:

I'm a big fan of Checkers, so have noticed his drop off in output as well. Don't know if there's any correlation, but it seems to have happened since he took that classic screamer and won MOTW Wink ( Logically, this makes little sense, but then I don’t know that what happens within a footballer's brain is always logical Smile.

He is often a lead up player beyond the forward fifty too, but has not been as influential in this part of the ground either in recent weeks. He did take a strong mark or maybe two, against Adelaide, but then on one occasion failed to take advantage of JDG streaming past and kicked a long bomb inside 50 instead, which was cleared by Crow's defence.

So, he's not quite on his game, but I agree with what you say above kymbo. He is such a selfless team player and as such, will have a place in the team even if he's not kicking multiple goals.

Mihocek has suffered from the absence of Cox. He is ideally a great 3rd tall up forward, but our failure to recruit a genuine FF or CHF, has forced him to play the role of our main KPF.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:54 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Mihocek has suffered from the absence of Cox. He is ideally a great 3rd tall up forward, but our failure to recruit a genuine FF or CHF, has forced him to play the role of our main KPF.

Yep, this too RB. Imagine a forward line with twin target KP talls ( like Richmond), along with Billy, McCreery and Checkers as the 3rd tall forward. Brody would just relish that!!

It seems Coxy and Cameron are the only real talls we have atm - but perhaps Ash may be able to share the load later in the season, at least by being another marking forward option.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: