Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Demons.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haff wrote:
Reckon we’ll start strong and fade out to be over run in the last 10 minutes and lose by a couple of kicks.

id be pretty happy with that!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:14 pm

The inclusions of McCreery and Mayne will improve our team. After all, Sier did sfa even before he was injured, and young Rantall did a few nice things, but overall he looked to be a bit out of his depth imo.

My main worry is having Lynch up against Gawn. Still, as long as he makes a contest that will help. Time for De Goey to step up. Hopefully Billy Elliott can kick a few (3 would be good) and young McCreery can kick a couple as well.

Pies by 7 in an upset.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:46 pm

<Unnecessary nested quotes snipped. Please use some more care in quoting prior posts. See: https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=81247&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=nested+quotes&start=0 Thanks, Pies4Shaw for BBMods>

DT wrote:
I think Cox has only just recovered from injury so won’t be match fit enough. Also I suspect that Cox won’t play for the Pies next year and we want to give Lynch a go to see if he will sink or swim. What an experience for him to play against Gawn

Cox last game for Collingwood was a month ago in the VFL against the 14th placed Swans ( VFL )
He spent his time mainly at full forward and helping out in the ruck behind Ned Moyle. His return was 9 possessions and 2 goals.
I see nothing in the above that suggests 30 days later and with no further footy, he will offer any real value against the top team in the AFL.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:47 pm

I’d be thinking Beau & Billy b the best scoring opportunities in our fwd line based on the season so fat

Rantall did all he could based on his limited preparation and AFL exposure but he should be better for said exposure

Trent Will be better for the same exposure but like Rantall the inconsistency of youth may arise

That said we don’t have the luxury of a lot of back up experience so give kids all the assistance required

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:21 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Soooo ……. We’re no longer playing the young blokes ?

Clearly not if Mayne is getting a game

Mayne gets a game because he deserves one. His age is irrelevant.
Some facts on Maynes last game against Geelong.
He played deep back pocket. A back pockets job is to beat your opponent, win the ball and then not cough it up.
- Assuming Mayne didn’t play on any of Hawkins, Cameron, Stanley or Rat, then only one other goal was scored by a Geelong small forward on the day ( one goal from Dahlhaus and none from Rohan ) Beat your opponent ✔️
- Mayne had a GAME high 32 possessions. Win the ball ✔️
- Whatever you do, don’t cough the ball up in the backline. Disposal efficiency 97 % ✔️ ( + 414 metres gained )
For anyone To suggest Mayne doesn’t deserve his spot this week, is ludicrous.
And those that bag his short lateral kicking, should try to understand Maynes role a little better. You want the ball in the hands of your best ball users as you leave the backline. If Mayne has to kick the ball laterally in order to achieve that goal, then he has done the right thing.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:46 pm

His age is relevant when the topic is "playing the young blokes"

Do you think Mayne will be around in 2022?

Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:57 pm

Maybe not 2022 but while he is here and one of few senior players with some valuable experience to impart to the Bianco,s and Rantall,s etc let’s use him to that means

He’s being paid so let’s get value at least

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:34 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

Probably not but I don’t see why you would overlook one of your best players from two weeks ago because he mightnt be around in 2022.
Do you think we should drop Elliot and save him for 2022 because he’s so injury prone ? That’s how silly your argument sounds.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Soooo ……. We’re no longer playing the young blokes ?

Clearly not if Mayne is getting a game

efficiency 97 % ✔️ ( + 414 metres gained )

Yes, I recently criticized the 'metres gained' stat, not necessarily his performance.

I do think he stops and props a little much, but from our armchair, we don't balance his 97% stat... so.. we shouldn't be too quick with the trigger.

Certainly, I have no problem with cross-field kicks, it's a normal part of our game. Not every possession is end to end.

The issue is not how we move the ball per se, but more so our players are primarily in defensive mode.. guarding space between the opponent and his goal. We should be taking a few more offensive positions... this is the issue with our game plan I think.. we just need to be a tad more offensive. Switching is not the issue some believe it to be.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:29 pm

Exactly worry more about guarding space than an opponent
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:44 pm

We could be last soon.

Roos are doing the Giants, and the Hawks won on friday night.

I am not sure how many games we can win this year, especially with Harvey in charge after QB Monday

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:52 pm

I also have no idea how many more games we will win—-I’d like them all but that is unlikely

I have to accept that is the situation and not always a Harvey fan I will just have to back him in

The bloke will get flack enough over the next two and a half months without me adding to it

So suck it up Baz and see how it rolls

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:09 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

Probably not but I don’t see why you would overlook one of your best players from two weeks ago because he mightnt be around in 2022

I have never said that Mayne should not be played or that he doesn't deserve a game based on his current form... What I said is that if a 32yo who is in his last season is getting a game then clearly "play the kids" isn't our mantra

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Except we are playing the kids. We’re actually at a tipping point for playing kids because if we play any more kids, then the next players who deserve to be dropped are mainly the kids.
Rantall, Lynch, Murphy ( different role ) all did very little but two still kept their spot, while Rantall was omitted for McCreery ( another kid )
Brown will possibly hold his spot as injury sub.

Johnson will get his chance soon and that may yet be at the expense of Thomas but if it’s not Thomas, then once again it’s probably at the expense of another young bloke. So that would yet be another debutant for either Thomas or a kid.
The suspension of the VFL is killing us, as it is all Vic based VFL clubs.
It’s not until the VFL resumes, will we get a better understanding of who deserves a crack in the big time once again.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:38 pm

We're playing some kids

Pies2016 wrote:
We’re actually at a tipping point for playing kids because if we play any more kids, then the next players who deserve to be dropped are mainly the kids...

...Johnson will get his chance soon and that may yet be at the expense of Thomas

JT will turn 30 this year and we all know where his form has been at for most of the last 2.5 years

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

Jump to: