Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Yes, he has the EJ Whitten Medal to show for it - and a Copeland Trophy at the end of the 1989 season.

And some would suggest a Brownlow medal in 1989 was not out of the question either, save for some blind dipshit umpires.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:45 pm

Callum Brown vs Crows 37 % game time
Not sure he could do much more in a qtr and a half.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:47 pm

BazBoy wrote:
P.P. Mate said he saw GW tell NB something

NB got straight on the phone

Wright would have a fair idea of conversation with a coach who coached three flags sitting beside him. In H&A and finals

Could well be he’s giving Bucks all the help together with observation so he can make correct decision for his renewal

Wright: Ah sh1t Bucks, I can't find me phone. Can you give it a ring for us?

Bucks: No probs mate.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:57 pm

E wrote:

Id be sad to lose DeGoey. I think he is our only matchwinner. i also think he is young enough to be in his prime in our premiership! He and Moore are the same age, no?

"We get the body in our 50s that we earned in our 20s."

Footballers have a similar arc. Even though Darcy plays a position and style that is more crash and bash, my money is on him having a longer career than Jordan.

As to the 'matchwinner' moniker, well yeah. He has turned in a couple of match winning performances in the last couple of years. Technically it is an accurate name. But there are match winners and there are match winners.

Jake Stringer is a match winner of similar stature. In fact, I'd say he has produced more often than Jordy in the last few years. If someone offered Essendon #1 for him they'd be mad not to take it, no?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:07 pm

Geek wrote:
"We get the body in our 50s that we earned in our 20s."

Footballers have a similar arc. Even though Darcy plays a position and style that is more crash and bash, my money is on him having a longer career than Jordan.

As to the 'matchwinner' moniker, well yeah. He has turned in a couple of match winning performances in the last couple of years. Technically it is an accurate name. But there are match winners and there are match winners.

Jake Stringer is a match winner of similar stature. In fact, I'd say he has produced more often than Jordy in the last few years. If someone offered Essendon #1 for him they'd be mad not to take it, no?

I've always thought De Goey and Stringer are very similar players. Both have undeniable talent, a great eye for goal and capable of winning matches off their own boot.

However, they're both downhill skiers when the going gets tough as well and their career trajectories are similar.

Jake Stringer = #5 (2012 draft) = 146 games (254 goals)
- Breakthrough year in 2015 with 56 goals.
- Next best year was 2016 with 42 goals

Jordan De Goey = #5 (2014 draft) = 109 games (150 goals)
- Breakthrough year in 2018 with 48 goals.
- Next best year was 2019 with 34 goals.

Stringer's goalkicking record is slightly better, but largely off the back of him spending more time up forward than JDG over his career.

Lord Maximus Farquaad Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:59 pm

Geek wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
P.P. Mate said he saw GW tell NB something

NB got straight on the phone

Wright would have a fair idea of conversation with a coach who coached three flags sitting beside him. In H&A and finals

Could well be he’s giving Bucks all the help together with observation so he can make correct decision for his renewal

Wright: Ah sh1t Bucks, I can't find me phone. Can you give it a ring for us?

Bucks: No probs mate.

Bucks: Bugger it, sorry, I can't. I don't know how to work it. Longmuir used to turn it on and dial the numbers for me.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:03 pm

Jezza wrote:
I've always thought De Goey and Stringer are very similar players. Both have undeniable talent, a great eye for goal and capable of winning matches off their own boot.

However, they're both downhill skiers when the going gets tough as well and their career trajectories are similar.

Jake Stringer = #5 (2012 draft) = 146 games (254 goals)
- Breakthrough year in 2015 with 56 goals.
- Next best year was 2016 with 42 goals

Jordan De Goey = #5 (2014 draft) = 109 games (150 goals)
- Breakthrough year in 2018 with 48 goals.
- Next best year was 2019 with 34 goals.

Stringer's goalkicking record is slightly better, but largely off the back of him spending more time up forward than JDG over his career.

Interesting comparison, Jezza.

Stringer is out of contract end of this year. Essendon reportedly encouraged him to look around. Collingwood of course came up!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:01 pm

I can only hope that Stringer has matured from his Bendigo days! His reputation in this part of the country is that he enjoys life outside the footy club. I can only imagine the deeds JDG and he might get up to if he landed at Collingwood 🥵
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:41 am

Born to Pie wrote:
Over the next 18 games Gavin Brown was a key component of a premiership winning team, I'm not expecting the same level from the son of Rowdy

We're definitely not wining a flag in the next 18 games, so no

Funny though people quoting his stats against the Crows when he was sub

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 am

It shows how bad we are going if a player is being praised for 11 possessions in a half of footy, playing as a midfielder, against the wooden spooner. No centre clearances, negative 17 metres gained, one score involvement. Unfortunately Callum is just filling gaps until our list improves.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:54 am

^ I think you meant to say 2 centre clearances.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:44 am

Lord Maximus Farquaad wrote:
It shows how bad we are going if a player is being praised for 11 possessions in a half of footy, playing as a midfielder, against the wooden spooner. No centre clearances, negative 17 metres gained, one score involvement. Unfortunately Callum is just filling gaps until our list improves.

I've been critical of Brown in the past, but he made an impact on the weekend when we needed it. 7 tackles, 2 clearances to go with 11 disposals.

He performed the Sier role better than Brayden did before he went off. Hopefully a sign of things to come. He looks much better as an inside mid than a small forward (as most of us have been saying for ages).
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:37 am

Lazza wrote:
I can only hope that Stringer has matured from his Bendigo days! His reputation in this part of the country is that he enjoys life outside the footy club. I can only imagine the deeds JDG and he might get up to if he landed at Collingwood 🥵

i was about to say that JDG is not the shit bloke that stringer is, thats a huge hell no from me!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:02 pm

mattdally wrote:
Lord Maximus Farquaad wrote:

I've been critical of Brown in the past, but he made an impact on the weekend when we needed it. 7 tackles, 2 clearances to go with 11 disposals.

He performed the Sier role better than Brayden did before he went off. Hopefully a sign of things to come. He looks much better as an inside mid than a small forward (as most of us have been saying for ages).

Yep, maybe if we simply referred to him as “ pick #35 “, then some might have appreciated his efforts a little more.
Regardless of wherever he’s been played, he hadnt progressed at all this year.
Hopefully that 37 % game time will give him some confidence going forward.
It will be interesting to see what role Harvey has in mind for him after the bye.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
^ I think you meant to say 2 centre clearances.

No, I meant to say what I said. There is a difference in the stats between a clearance and a centre clearance. According to the stats that I saw, Callum had two clearances but no centre clearances.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18   

Jump to: