Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

\/ Dane Swan tweeted during the game that we could do with Seedsman!

Last edited by K on Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:52 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Something I was wondering about during the game - why did we trade Seedsman? Was it because he was a bit injury prone or was he part of a deal to get someone else? Treloar maybe? Those two long goals he kicked were just magnificent.

I think he had a clash with the coach.
Lazza 

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Geezus $�$%^%%$ Christ is anyone still breathing! How good didthat feel!

jaimeeeeeeeee. Sidey! Well done Pies well $�$%^%%$ done, and I don’t give a shit that the other team is shit too!

Time for a well deserved Jimmy Beam , hey T P ! Cool

Also time for the posters who want to delist C. Brown to man up and admit that they were premature in wanting him out. I thought his performance with doing the one percenters was elite. Top game from Browny.👍🏽👏🏽

makri Capricorn

K wrote:
^ Dane Swan tweeted during the game that we could do with Seedsman!

That goal he kicked from 55 off a step was ridiculous

Said by Zed 

masoncox wrote:
Well the coach changed our game plan.
And what happened we won.
A big shout out to Noble.
His gut running in the last quarter was great to see.
STILL THINK cox is a better player than Cameron or LYNCH

Really, did he? The first quarter and a bit was extremely similar to all our other games this year other than the Cats game. What was different was we executed much better and Jamie made sure we kept the scoreboard pressure on. When the acid was put on in the 2nd and early in the 3rd quarter we went back into our shells and our mindset became somewhat defensive and we didn’t take our opportunities allowing the Crows back into the game. Good coaching along with improved positive mindset kept us in the game and eventually got us the win.
Agree regarding Cox - however the rumour regarding games played and triggering of extension clause is true. Good management by us to control this and take the power in relation to contract negotiation (has Wrighty written all over it)

K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:54 pm

^ We can't rely on Jamie kicking 4 goals in a quarter all the time...
RudeBoy 

That's more like it!

Shows what a difference it makes having a reliable and creative forward like King Billy.

Had Grundy played we'd have won by 5 goals. Lynch gave us nothing, but at least he made a contest in the ruck.

We've got a couple of beauties in Poulter and Bianco, the latter destined to be our captain in a few years.

As others noted, Pendles and Sidey were magnificent in the 2nd half. In fact I thought it was one of Sidey's best games for a couple of years.

Oh, and I nearly forgot to acknowledge the coach. Well done Bucks!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Piesnchess wrote:

True mate, yes, maybe a Chivas Regal too. Actually, i have an unopened bottle of Collingwood 2010 Premiership Port, that i vowed not too open till we won our next flag. Needless too say, its nicely matured by now, 11 yrs, LOL, so hopefully wont be tooooo much longer. ! Razz Laughing

Laughing You must be a man of great patience and considerable will power Piesnchess. Smile I drank mine in 2011 I think Very Happy Very Happy
May you consume yours quicker than you anticipate!!!! Wink
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:00 pm

Yep😃 I drank mine after an Anzac Day win a few years ago. Good on you Piesnchess! Nice to know that at least one of us Cheltenham High old boys has patience🙄 I promise to have a drink with you after we win our next GF!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:01 pm

No Thomas no Collingwood 😉 Who needs Grundy 😜

Elliott you beauty
Bianco is a ripper as is Poulter.
I wanted Cameron to lift after half time, so he left it till the last half of the last quarter.
Rantall showing bits but needs more confidence.
Best match I’ve seen Sidebottom play in a while.
Noble continues to be great.

This Buckley bloke can coach 😉😜😉

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:03 pm

schuey07 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Something I was wondering about during the game - why did we trade Seedsman? Was it because he was a bit injury prone or was he part of a deal to get someone else? Treloar maybe? Those two long goals he kicked were just magnificent.

I think he had a clash with the coach.

He was a party boy who was downhill skiing and a turnover king. By his own admission, Seedsman said being traded was the kick up the bum he needed.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:04 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

Because we wanted and secured Jeremy Howe in the trade

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Really, really happy with that win. We showed mental toughness and will to win that seemed to have gone missing for a while, and it was largely driven by our kids: Poulter, Bianco and Rantall. They were fantastic in that last quarter. And Sidey was huge as well. Cameron summoned up everything he had in those last frenetic moments and that is a testament to his desperation to win as well. Callum Brown made an impact by nullifying Adelaide's midfield domination. Jamie Elliott..what can you say, a star, and when you see him there you realise how much we have missed him. Our structure is totally revitalised when we have a brilliant leading forward to aim at. It releases JDG to play a more active role in the game. I look forward to seeing Billie and McCreery working together in our forward line next week.
Noble made a few blunders, but he was often stunning with his explosive pace and the way he generated forward attacking moves, often streaming forward himself to supply an alternative if required.
Maynard was often brilliant, and i liked the way he kept encouraging our young players, or consoling them if they made an error.
Lynch looked good in the first quarter. It was too easy for O'Brian to beat him in contested marks though. He certainly was competitive though. Not sure whether we keep him against the Dees, or do we bring in Cox instead? My instinct suggests to me that maybe we should go with Cox instead of Lynch against Gawn.
Overall, I am really happy with the improvement in our team's competitive spirit, and the fantastic contribution from our kids. And with the return of Jamie Elliott. It will give us much needed optimism going into the QB game.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:10 pm

inxs88 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Because we wanted and secured Jeremy Howe in the trade

Aaah. I had a feeling it enabled an important trade for us. Wink Thanks.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:11 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
^ Safe to say Billy will win our "Player of the Week". I admire so much his tenacity to come back from injury, over and over again.

And "All the Goals" will be longer than 1 minutes viewing.!😳
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18   

Jump to: