Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rival clubs fume at Collingwood’s hold on MCG seats

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:42 am
Post subject: Rival clubs fume at Collingwood’s hold on MCG seatsReply with quote

‘No longer acceptable’: Rival clubs fume at Collingwood’s hold on MCG seats
Peter Ryan
February 22, 2023
Quote:
The Melbourne Cricket Club is locked in sensitive negotiations with Collingwood to update a long-standing deal that has given the Magpies exclusive rights over reserved seating for members in the Ponsford Stand for both home and away games...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/no-longer-acceptable-rival-clubs-fume-at-collingwood-s-hold-on-mcg-seats-20230222-p5cmpv.html
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I believe this was part of the compensation that the MCC demanded for giving up the rights to all prelims thus allowing interstate teams that earned a home prelim to have one.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:17 am

Couldn't this easily be solved by only allowing memberships with reserved seats for home games. That way there could never be a conflict in reserved seating.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:13 am

The strength and attractiveness of being a legends member is sitting in the same seat with the same Collingwood people around me. I’d be buggered before I have to share space with supporters of the filth or Richmond near me (home and away). …..(I might want to reframe that😉)
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:13 am

And we bring how much revenue into the place?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:15 am

We’ll see what mettle the new CEO and President are made of.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:34 am

watt price tully wrote:
The strength and attractiveness of being a legends member is sitting in the same seat with the same Collingwood people around me. I’d be buggered before I have to share space with supporters of the filth or Richmond near me (home and away). …..(I might want to reframe that😉)

The new memberships with an allocated Bay is where I think it will head. You'll get a reserved seat for all home games but have to sit in an allocated bay for away games that doesn't interfere with the home team's reserved seat allocation.

It's the only logical outcome and everyone knows that after the grumbling, people are going to pay up anyways.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:37 am

What'sinaname wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

The new memberships with an allocated Bay is where I think it will head. You'll get a reserved seat for all home games but have to sit in an allocated bay for away games that doesn't interfere with the home team's reserved seat allocation.

It's the only logical outcome and everyone knows that after the grumbling, people are going to pay up anyways.

It may but currently we’re paying a lot of $ for a decent seat in a decent location (I’m one level up close to the MCC demarcation row B) it would have to be like for like in my view. I’ll accommodate a private box if I have to) 😉

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:43 am

^ I'm sure Legends will get access to more premium seating. It might end up on an equivalent level in the Olympic Stand. It depends on where the 3 other clubs have their home reserved seating.

It's not a hard problem to solve.

slangman 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:07 pm

Collingwood has brought the highest crowds on a consistent basis since they moved to the MCG.

Tigers and Hawks have had patches where their bandwagon supporters have jumped on and increased their attendance averages but over a long period, Collingwood have been the only club that the MCC could rely on for revenue based on crowd averages.

Unlike Tigers and Hawks, Collingwood supporters turn up even when the team was isn't going well.

Last edited by slangman on Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:01 pm

Richmond have a short memory. This is the same Club that didn't want to split H&A game day receipts with Collingwood, preferring to trouser their Home game receipts.
This backfired on them once Richmond went into demise and the Collingwood Army grew exponentially.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:16 pm

Exactly therte slangman and LaurieH.

Collingwood built the MCG and has done so since day dot.

We always fill it.

More importantly we pay our way well and truely.

Stuff richmond and hawthorn who like to just leetch off us along with every other club.

Im done with Collingwood bowing down to these scum clubs as well.

Time we looked after ourselfs and have a Collingwood first mentality.

We should have more influence on the mcg for mine.

We rule.

As said Luarie both tigers and hawks ill say Demons as well like to suck off us and they just bandwagon.

We front up.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:57 pm

Stuff em. They don’t fill the stands like we do.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:34 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Mate its immaterial to the Tigger fans, a die hard, one eyed Richmond fan, had a real go at me on Twitter, said " surely you Magpies fans can see how utterly unfair and ludicrous this is, that we have to make way, for your fans, surely YOU can see that " ?? I told her id get in contact with Ned Craig Kelly, and see what he says, but told her not too hold her breath on the outcome. Cool Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:44 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Mate its immaterial to the Tigger fans, a die hard, one eyed Richmond fan, had a real go at me on Twitter, said " surely you Magpies fans can see how utterly unfair and ludicrous this is, that we have to make way, for your fans, surely YOU can see that " ?? I told her id get in contact with Ned Craig Kelly, and see what he says, but told her not too hold her breath on the outcome. Cool Laughing

He has a point. It is unfair for home team members to have to relinquish their reserved seat for a home game.

Somewhere along the line, someone $%$ed up to allow the scenario where a club member's reserved seat is different for when they host Collingwood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: