Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#20 Ash Johnson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote:

Maybe Dr. What's-her-name, the newbie on the Board, told Dekka to pick him...
Question Wink

Yeah, that makes alot of sense. That is why we want her on the board (she is a board member that Browne says he would keep, despite her denunciations of him). She is a mascot we can fly to attract indigenous players. Unfortunately, corporate driven sport can be cynical.

Care to explain this?

Either of you

It is a common strategy both e private and public sectors, for an organisation to bring in an academic, often called a "cross cultural consultant" when addressing allegations of racism. This is precisely what Jodie Sizler represents. One aspect of the role of cross cultural consultants is to refurbish the image of the organisation, to create the perception that positive measures against racism are being taken. There are many examples, particulary in relation to government organisations, where the recommendations of "cross cultural consultants" actually cause further division and angst. Nevertheless, their role is considered essential to project a "progressive face" for the institution. I am definitely not saying that is what Jodie Sizler is doing at Collingwood. i don;t know what her role is, nor what recommendations she is making. My original comment that you asked me to explain was simply observing that Jodie Sizler is an example of a well known and widely used corporate management strategy.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:09 pm

I think you (and K) are confusing Dr. Bridie O'Donnell, "the newbie on the board", with Jodie Sizer
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 pm

Can’t agree at all with what is being said about Jodie Sizer. I think she’s doing a great job. It’s Birdie O’Donnell I have my doubts about.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:30 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Can’t agree at all with what is being said about Jodie Sizer. I think she’s doing a great job. It’s Birdie O’Donnell I have my doubts about.

Maybe she should have an another run on Insiders, could not possibly put in a worse performance than the last one, and if she actually does some preparation this time, could be of some interest to the common fan
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:09 pm

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/954448/interview-ash-johnson
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:20 pm

Both players come across as wonderfully well. I'm only sorry Ash can't continue playing for Sturt if they're not going to pick him in the senior side. On the other hand Begg is in the ideal place working out in the gym at Holden Centre.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:48 pm

Ash seems like a terrific young man. I love that laconic self confidence which many Aboriginal players have. Hope we pull the trigger and give him a senior berth very soon....preferably this monday.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:03 pm

And seeing as he doesn't yet have a nickname, I hereby anoint him Magic Johnson. Cool
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:34 pm

^ Very Happy Haven't seen enough of him yet, but I'll take that one!!
No reason why they shouldn't play him soon, like many of you, how about ...... Monday!!!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:39 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Ash seems like a terrific young man. I love that laconic self confidence which many Aboriginal players have. Hope we pull the trigger and give him a senior berth very soon....preferably this monday.

I second that.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Mossi wrote:
^ Very Happy Haven't seen enough of him yet, but I'll take that one!!
No reason why they shouldn't play him soon, like many of you, how about ...... Monday!!!

Monday, Monday... sounds good to meeeeeeeeee.....

TopGun Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:22 pm

Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:
sooooooo...............there will be no "Bianco" as a child photos for this one????

you could not make this shit up!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It might be harsh but he is spot on. I remember some magpie wankers in front of the social club at Victoria Park abusing our own players more than the umpires or the opposition. The more they drank the more feral they became. It used to annoy me but I had to endure it because they would happily get into a fight with fellow Collingwood fans. I’m certain that a few “oldies” here will remember this crap happening. They were total arseholes.

Lazza. I remember you being threatened by some Collingwood ladies at one of the last days at Vic Park for rubbishing Andrew Shauble
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:44 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote:

Maybe Dr. What's-her-name, the newbie on the Board, told Dekka to pick him...
Question Wink

Yeah, that makes alot of sense. That is why we want her on the board (she is a board member that Browne says he would keep, despite her denunciations of him). She is a mascot we can fly to attract indigenous players. Unfortunately, corporate driven sport can be cynical.

My original comment was just a joke about Bridie O'Donnell and Ash Johnson both having old social media posts insulting Collingwood supporters.

It was not related to Jodie Sizer.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:03 pm

I don't have any time for Tickets O'Donnell, Sizer I'd be happy to keep, none of which has anything to do with Ash Johnson.

I can't see him playing QB, talk about setting a guy up to fail. Let him do some training with the club first, ideally even have a run in the VFL, give him a chance to get his head around the whole thing and how we play.

I assume we have drafted him for the longer term, not as a fill in to win a flag this year, so for his sake lets not rush him in.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:22 pm

I have a feeling 'Magic' Johnson is going to be a phucking ripper. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20   

Jump to: