Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Cats down Pies . All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Lazza wrote:

And how negative have most of the posters on Nick’s been? In my life I try very hard to keep away from negative nellies and s-d s-cks. Might need to avoid those type of posters here too.

Without an ignore button, that's about all we can do Lazza.

Did you get a buzz out of seeing Bianco's very impressive debut? He showed great composure and some excellent skills. Check out his delivery to Cameron in the forward line on the CFC website's top 5 plays.

<Snip - settle down pls. Thx, the mods team>
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:31 pm

bally12 wrote:
Is Buckley and his band of muppet coaches gone yet?
Whichever way you slice it, whether the players can't follow the game-plan that Bucks wants, or whether what we witness on the ground is actually Buckley's game-plan, this mess is still on Buckley.
A few years back I was a Buckley supporter, but I've gone more than full circle now, to the point that I think he's actually a fraud or delusional...one or the other. He seems incapable of seeing or accepting his failures, and his interpretation of events that play out in a match is "perplexing", as Mike Gleeson notes in his article below.

He's been on over 1 million bucks for 10 years, and we are in a desperate state as a footy club in just about every football aspect...personnel, coaching, recruiting, team-selection, not to mention team performance. He's the reason that players that loved the club ended up being traded, and demonstrated with their performances at their new clubs that Buckley's judgment was wrong...Heath Shaw, Seedsman, Beams, come to mind. In hindsight we should have known that a coach that cannot manage relationships with different personality types, doesn't augur well for our future success.
If Buckley was an honorable person, he would step down immediately. To those that think they are harsh words for a club legend, I say sorry the club doesn't owe Buckley anything...the opposite in fact - Buckley owes the club immeasurably. And the best thing he could do right now for Collingwood is step down.

I find listening to Buckley talk for more than 5mins numbingly boring. He sounds so monotone and uninspiring, and so disconnected from reality that I shudder to think what the players would feel working under him. It's clear the players are over-coached with the way they process decisions on the field. It's excruciating to watch. Couple that with a personality type that suggests obstinance and perfectionism, and it's obvious that Buckley's claim that he "would walk if it was in the best interests of the blub" is pure fantasy.

I know people have not broached the subject, but the man has gone through a marriage breakup. By all accounts that kind of event can be devastating to one's mental state...has it had an effect on his coaching? Regardless, the club is too big to be shackled to the whims and fortunes, and mental state of a coach that is dragging down a once-proud club.
So it must be, adios Bucks, good luck with your next professional venture. I'm sure the 15million that you got paid by Collingwood will appease any feelings of hurt, failure, loss of pride.

I thought Mike Gleeson's article in TheAge sums it up how we are going on the field:
Quote:
The unwatchables
If people weren’t suffering enough in ‘Lockdown 4.0’, they had to endure the horrible, turgid, almost unwatchable display of Collingwood-Geelong.

It was perplexing, again, to hear the Collingwood coach say afterwards that the team was playing a better brand of football. The brand that delivered one goal in three quarters was a brand to challenge even the true believers. Yes, they were inaccurate but the slow, sideways ball movement and adventureless play was excruciating to watch.

The Magpies’ late flurry of goals was in some ways irrelevant because they came in junk time. In another way, they suggested that - as with last week against Port Adelaide - only once the game was lost and had to be won did the team find some urgency.

Spot on Bally.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:35 pm

Go away you silly man😣 Just skip the posts you don’t want to read mate🙄 Duhh................
You remind me of the idiots who used to complain about TV shows instead of changing the channel or turning it off😡 Live and let live dude. Do try it.

DT 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:20 am

Looks like we have a troll in this thread. Not numbers though
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:50 am

Lazza wrote:
Go away you silly man😣 Just skip the posts you don’t want to read mate🙄 Duhh................
You remind me of the idiots who used to complain about TV shows instead of changing the channel or turning it off😡 Live and let live dude. Do try it.

You should try it Lazza. You barrell out more abusive tirades than any other poster i can think of. It is very comical that you should make a call for "live and let live". You should try it before you tell others to do so.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:56 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Lazza wrote:

You should try it Lazza. You barrell out more abusive tirades than any other poster i can think of. It is very comical that you should make a call for "live and let live". You should try it before you tell others to do so.

🥰🥰 😍😍😘😘

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:10 am

Lazza wrote:
daics aka the ruckman wrote:

As Gerard Whately said at the end of the game on SEN. If ever there was a game to be played in front of no crowds this was it.

Lol 😝

And how many AFL games has Mr. Whatley played? Yep he is the expert on all things AFL, including the amount of fans that should watch a game🙄 😡

And how negative have most of the posters on Nick’s been? In my life I try very hard to keep away from negative nellies and s-d s-cks. Might need to avoid those type of posters here too.

Relax Lazza, it was just a funny line from Whateley which summed up the game for me and many others. I dont know how many games of AFL he played but that surely doesn't matter on a forum like this where probably none of us played the game at AFL level.

If I am negative on the club they have made me this way. If I turned the ladder upside down I would be positive.

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:10 am

DP
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:19 am

shawthing wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Is Buckley and his band of muppet coaches gone yet?
Whichever way you slice it, whether the players can't follow the game-plan that Bucks wants, or whether what we witness on the ground is actually Buckley's game-plan, this mess is still on Buckley.
A few years back I was a Buckley supporter, but I've gone more than full circle now, to the point that I think he's actually a fraud or delusional...one or the other. He seems incapable of seeing or accepting his failures, and his interpretation of events that play out in a match is "perplexing", as Mike Gleeson notes in his article below.

He's been on over 1 million bucks for 10 years, and we are in a desperate state as a footy club in just about every football aspect...personnel, coaching, recruiting, team-selection, not to mention team performance. He's the reason that players that loved the club ended up being traded, and demonstrated with their performances at their new clubs that Buckley's judgment was wrong...Heath Shaw, Seedsman, Beams, come to mind. In hindsight we should have known that a coach that cannot manage relationships with different personality types, doesn't augur well for our future success.
If Buckley was an honorable person, he would step down immediately. To those that think they are harsh words for a club legend, I say sorry the club doesn't owe Buckley anything...the opposite in fact - Buckley owes the club immeasurably. And the best thing he could do right now for Collingwood is step down.

I find listening to Buckley talk for more than 5mins numbingly boring. He sounds so monotone and uninspiring, and so disconnected from reality that I shudder to think what the players would feel working under him. It's clear the players are over-coached with the way they process decisions on the field. It's excruciating to watch. Couple that with a personality type that suggests obstinance and perfectionism, and it's obvious that Buckley's claim that he "would walk if it was in the best interests of the blub" is pure fantasy.

I know people have not broached the subject, but the man has gone through a marriage breakup. By all accounts that kind of event can be devastating to one's mental state...has it had an effect on his coaching? Regardless, the club is too big to be shackled to the whims and fortunes, and mental state of a coach that is dragging down a once-proud club.
So it must be, adios Bucks, good luck with your next professional venture. I'm sure the 15million that you got paid by Collingwood will appease any feelings of hurt, failure, loss of pride.

I thought Mike Gleeson's article in TheAge sums it up how we are going on the field:
Quote:
The unwatchables
If people weren’t suffering enough in ‘Lockdown 4.0’, they had to endure the horrible, turgid, almost unwatchable display of Collingwood-Geelong.

It was perplexing, again, to hear the Collingwood coach say afterwards that the team was playing a better brand of football. The brand that delivered one goal in three quarters was a brand to challenge even the true believers. Yes, they were inaccurate but the slow, sideways ball movement and adventureless play was excruciating to watch.

The Magpies’ late flurry of goals was in some ways irrelevant because they came in junk time. In another way, they suggested that - as with last week against Port Adelaide - only once the game was lost and had to be won did the team find some urgency.

Spot on Bally.

Can't argue with that - well said!!!

(and Ed is much to blame as well)

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:27 pm

Key Pies sidelined as Matthews says not to worry about ‘boring’ tag

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/whatever-it-takes-pies-shouldn-t-worry-about-boring-tag-says-matthews-20210531-p57wnq.html?utm_content=INTRO&list_name=10023_age_realfooty&promote_channel=edmail&utm_campaign=afl-real-footy&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=2021-05-31&mbnr=MTM1MTA4MDY&instance=2021-05-31-20-29-AEST&jobid=29310437

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:08 pm

Matthews couldn't have stated it better. When Collingwood plays with flair and daring and gets beaten by 20 goals every week, is when I stop watching them. You play to win. There is no other way.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:17 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Matthews couldn't have stated it better. When Collingwood plays with flair and daring and gets beaten by 20 goals every week, is when I stop watching them. You play to win. There is no other way.

The problem is we are not winning. That's why so many fans are frustrated. Nevertheless, I understand that our current game-plan is designed primarily to strangle the opposition, because we simply do not have much/any fire-power up forward. We need a FF and CHF but I'm not sure where they are going to come from. Put simply, our cupboard is bare. Sad
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:17 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

The problem is we are not winning. That's why so many fans are frustrated. Nevertheless, I understand that our current game-plan is designed primarily to strangle the opposition, because we simply do not have much/any fire-power up forward. We need a FF and CHF but I'm not sure where they are going to come from. Put simply, our cupboard is bare. Sad

Starved of true forwards and you would think we are atleast 3 years away and i'm being generous as you would think Pendles, Sidey, Howey, Roughy etc will/might not be around so likely 5+ years more like it.

Now listen Collingwood - build a bldy team to win a GF, not a team to win H&A or Finals. We have done that effortlessly the last 63 years.

Enough of that AND that starts with a total club refresh given the Ed and Bucks show that has destroyed/diminished this club in the last 10 years.

Enough is Enough.

Wake up Collingwood.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:49 pm

So... just watched all four quarters on AwFuL website.

Painful, due to the inaccuracy at goal, but the effort was solid.

I'd expect more of what we saw in the final term, to be produced against the Cows on saturday.

And listen - stop bagging out Mayne. He busted his arse all afternoon.

KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:53 pm

Collingwood will have two selections available at pick 3 and 18
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24   

Jump to: