Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mid season draft

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donuts 

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that fills our list needs would be great.
I think this year’s mid season draft has an extra layer to it to find a top quality 19 year old player, who, due to Covid restrictions, had a lack of exposure to football last year.
I think there has to be a few players who would have been tracking as potential first-second round picks throughout their juniors that missed out due to no exposed form last year.
Just a thought
KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Perhaps Bontempelli and Crisp will nominate.

Treloar fits the bill. Maybe he will nominate!

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:56 pm

^^^^Ah my brethren, some of you are as quick on the trigger as you are with recruitment - god save us if any of you were ever in charge at CFC. Final points in relation to Buzza, the lad has been picked up by two current powerhouse clubs at their peak - he obviously must have some talent for recruitment teams to have analysed him (twice) and given him a spot on AN AFL LIST (for f#&% sake!) for this to have occurred!!! He’s also had the opportunity to learn from arguably two of the best power forwards in the game currently. Secondly, and as I’ve opined previously, he was deprived of opportunity more so than he failed. In fact when he left Geelong, Scott said he was disappointed but he understood why and expected the club would one day rue the day he had gone elsewhere….Similarly at Port, Georgealis got ahead of him and they needed salary cap room and list spots. He’s just at the right age in his development to take off. Picking him up in the mid season draft is a no cost free hit no brainer. But no, some of you would rather role the dice on an unproven skinny kid who because of COVID has also had a blip in his development and would be even further behind than our forwards who haven’t had the opportunity re appropriate guidance in relation to forward craft for years either. AFL is a professional sport and strategy and analysis is still central to recruitment and delisting decisions - irrespective of what a lot of you might think!
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:04 am

Get Jackson Callow.

Weird kind of suggestion, I know. Actually targeting a full forward who takes contested marks and kicks straight.

He's turning into a big boy. Think he would work well with McMahon and Henry in a few years

JACKSON CALLOW

Clubs: North Launceston/Tasmania/Allies

Position: Key Forward

Size: 194cm/100kg (Now listed at 195/96)

Bio: Just as the career of one Tasmanian appears to be coming to an end, another door opens. If the Tigers want a key forward this late in the draft, Callow might be the most obvious name. The strong bodied tall clunked plenty of contested marks each game and is a strong kick for goal. While he has some work to do athletically, there’s plenty to like about his game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__RNFgjfcy8
https://www.afl.com.au/video/450032/meet-the-forward-with-vice-like-hands?videoId=450032&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1590933600001
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:02 am

Geek wrote:
Get Jackson Callow.

Weird kind of suggestion, I know. Actually targeting a full forward who takes contested marks and kicks straight.

He's turning into a big boy. Think he would work well with McMahon and Henry in a few years

JACKSON CALLOW

Clubs: North Launceston/Tasmania/Allies

Position: Key Forward

Size: 194cm/100kg (Now listed at 195/96)

Bio: Just as the career of one Tasmanian appears to be coming to an end, another door opens. If the Tigers want a key forward this late in the draft, Callow might be the most obvious name. The strong bodied tall clunked plenty of contested marks each game and is a strong kick for goal. While he has some work to do athletically, there’s plenty to like about his game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__RNFgjfcy8
https://www.afl.com.au/video/450032/meet-the-forward-with-vice-like-hands?videoId=450032&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1590933600001

I’m not too sure, he doesn’t play basketball

mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:22 am

Callow is a brilliant mark and moves very similar to Jeremy Cameron. Unfortunately he, like a lot of others who are in the draft, struggles to kick the ball more than 40m

Not sure what is wrong with the kids these days, a lot of them would struggle to kick a set shot from 50m out.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:25 am

neil wrote:
Any tall would do provided they have ability
A KPF is unlikely no idea how Callow is going at Norwood any SA people know?

See below re Jackson Callow stats for this year:
https://sanfl.com.au/league/clubs/norwood/1013208?league=sanfl&season=2021
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:55 pm

Geek wrote:
Get Jackson Callow.

As long as he's not Dunderklumpen mk.IV, like Billy Morrison, Brent Hall, Tristan Walker et al...

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:04 pm

piedys wrote:
Geek wrote:
Get Jackson Callow.

As long as he's not Dunderklumpen mk.IV, like Billy Morrison, Brent Hall, Tristan Walker et al...

You omitted the greatest CHF prospect of all time, Aaron James. He was predicted to become a superstar. Didn’t happen.😢

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 5:18 pm

Lazza wrote:
You omitted the greatest CHF prospect of all time, Aaron James. He was predicted to become a superstar. Didn’t happen.😢

I too had such high hopes for him, prior to his knee injury.
Then it was the scuffle with the coppers in the city, with Jonathon Ross [who was promptly delisted], along with Trent Hotton. And that was that. Sad

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 5:29 pm

Shackleton was touted as another great prospect but failed to make an impact
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 5:32 pm

Callow was one of the guys everyone was shocked wasn't drafted.

Disposal efficiency is 72%, scoring accuracy 57%. Has 8 goals from 6 SANFL games this season. Is 195cm and is 19 years old.

I think he is someone we need to seriously look at.

Hawks and Tigers have been linked to him. (Hawks will have a pick before us too).

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 5:35 pm

mattdally wrote:
Callow is a brilliant mark and moves very similar to Jeremy Cameron. Unfortunately he, like a lot of others who are in the draft, struggles to kick the ball more than 40m

Not sure what is wrong with the kids these days, a lot of them would struggle to kick a set shot from 50m out.

He's basically slow and not at all like Cameron who's quick off the mark. There's a good reason these kids aren't drafted.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:49 pm

Callow problem sounds to be his Lack of Work Rate
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:22 pm

Lots of opinions on KPPs, but we arent exactly brimming with midfielders.
I would go at least one midfielder and a KPP but preferably two midfielders who would give us some options for looming retirements of a couple midfielders.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 4 of 24   

Jump to: