Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies rumble Roos. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
David wrote:
The umpiring was awful today. Plenty of bad decisions going each way, ...

The umpiring was lamentable. The deliberate out of bounds against Norf in the 2nd quarter was a horrendous decision.
Surely a professional umpire can tell the difference between a player seeking the boundary and a shank kick?

Not only that, but what seem like clear marks not being paid, plus a North player in the centre square in the dying minutes having prior opportunity and disposing of the ball incorrectly and not being penalised, and that North goal in the first quarter after a blatant high tackle on Murphy was missed. Oh, and who could forget De Goey getting away with nearly running straight through the mark after receiving a very questionable 50m penalty himself just minutes before. Laughing

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:00 am

We had our moments there and for a while in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, looked like kicking away with it as we should have. But, like so often under Buckley, we hit that 5 goal limit and let ourselves get reeled back in.

Take the 4 points and hope it instils a bit of belief in the crew. The magoos got up in the end as well having also had a good lead reeled back in. We don't seem too confident right about now and we are playing a lot of real ugly footy. But by Christ North are bad. Bonar on DeGoey? I think that might actually be worse then Madgen on Tippa. And the skills.... My eyes want to sue both clubs.

Hopefully we've played Bruz into a bit of form. Daics is better than what he showed. Poulter looks a natural and Henry a few percent better than last time. Here's hoping he continues improving.

McCreery will need a rest soon, maybe next week. I'd like to give him a chance to back it up and really push for another 2 or 3 weeks.
Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:35 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I thought it was a good win. It should have been by more, but were upset a bit losing Murphy and Roughead.

I loved Bucks decision to play Pendles mainly up forward. Also liked the midfield work of Tyler Brown, Daicos, Sidey (early) and Crisp. Cameron continues to improve. The challenge for JDG now is to string several good games together, rather than just the occasional flash in the pan.

Poulter looks good. Henry needs more games. McCreery might need a rest I reckon.

Great to hear our song again. Go Pies!

Good post...

Yep Pendles up forward was a huge influence.... when North got a run going in the third he went back to the middle and we got control back and kicked 3 of the next 4 essentially icing the game.

Watching live at the ground Tyler Brown & Josh Daicos were fantastic in the middle and should be left there

Crispy is our Mr Flexible and can play very well mid or back

McCreery does a power of work on defence in the forward 50 which is an unheralded job. No one else in the side seems to be able to pressure like him up forward.

Sidey is the worry for me.... the game at this level catches up with you fast and he just seems to have lost a step... I think he will be gone sooner rather than later.

Cameron is really coming on and looked fantastic in the second half particularly

And lastly.... can we all agree to never discuss Darcy Moore playing anywhere but behind the ball ever again? Just an outstanding game from him.

MickMCG34 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:42 am

As many do, I’d love another 50 games from Sidey : near the goal posts.
Extend a great career and win many more games.
He instinctively knows “ where they are”.
Pleeeeeaaaaasssseeee make it happen.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:46 am

i hate carlton wrote:
North didn't play well. So glad Rhyce Shaw wasn't coaching today.

Take the win, and lets build on this.

Yeah, I agree. David Noble was suffering a Hamlet like dilemma. To be or not to be? Try to negate my son or not?? Would have been truly a tragic predicament, in the classical sense of the term.
Not sure what he decided in the end, because his son played a wonderful game, and David would have been both sad and jubilant at once.
So yeah, glad it was David Noble and not Rhys Shaw. But honestly, with the teams as they stood, even had Rhys shaw been coaching, there is no evidence that the result would have been any different.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:20 am

Free Julian Assange!!

So much to like from a very enjoyable 4-qtr effort.
The youth was on show against a side who couldn't monster them.

North move the ball quick and looked unstoppable in patches, when Tarryn Thomas or Stevo was getting it. Their 3rd quarter comeback was not because we came out not switched on. Was great footy.

The early matchup on DeGoey was switched a little too late and DeGoey cashed in on one-out strength and talent.

The future could be seen and from Daics and Tyler's work in tight to the athletic Murphy and Poulter both just starting to get used to the pace and showing great skills with huge bodies and elite engines. Keane knows what he is doing already and has tricks and great to see Olly getting used to where to be and what's required given he is going to get bigger. Nobes was elite and IQ becoing a critical and very capable cog. McCeery outstanding chasing and tackling with serious intent - great stuff !

I hope they enjoy tonight for the great occasion. Well done Sidey !
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:46 am

Any win is a good win. However a good team would have cut us up today. The clown game plan only works against bottom feeders like North who are incapable of capitalizing on it's weaknesses and our mistakes.

De Gooey played one of his three good games for the year. He needs a new coach, a new voice to give him a rocket.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:05 am

Relieved to win. Considering the nature of our season, we have to cherish our wins when they come along.

North's effort was good, so they made us earn it. I don't think our performance was great, but we had enough quality to get us over the line. After watching North up close, I can see why they're languishing on the bottom. The endeavour is there but the amount of errors they generate exceeds the mistakes we usually make which is something.

Satisfying seeing McCreery, Henry, Keane and Poulter all get their first wins in the Black and White.

In the end, De Goey and Moore were the difference between us winning and losing the game. Very pleased that JDG silenced his critics, and hopefully he can back up that performance in the coming rounds. Moore down back is a no brainer, and he should have been removed from the forward line once Howe went down with an injury against West Coast.

Liked seeing Pendles spend time up forward. I've advocated in the past that him and Sidebottom should spend more time up forward in the future. Both can find the goals and it could sustain their longevity in the game.

I think the end is near for Cox, with Cameron showing enough signs to continue persisting with him. A forward line combination of JDG, Mihocek, Cameron and maybe one of Pendles/Sidey could be a good one in the future along with the young kids in McCreery and/or Henry.

Mihocek's hanger would have to be a mark of the year contender. It was a beauty!

My view on the coach hasn't changed, but I won't comment any further on it. I just want to enjoy and soak up the victory.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:11 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
So who's coming in for Roughead and Murphy?

Howe and Sier.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:17 am

I should add the umpiring was atrocious for both sides.

Even though it benefited us, the Zurhaar decision was a joke. We all jokingly called "deliberate" in the crowd believing the umpire wouldn't fall for it, and yet he paid it Laughing

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:02 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Talking about trying, didn't Noble have a fair dinkum crack today.
He could've dropped his lip after conceding the first North goal, but nup, kept at it and was influential in the win.
His dad would be (reluctantly?) proud. Smile

I like Noble, he has a real crack at all times, not brilliant, but a real workhorse. Must have been bit hard for him yesterday, cos isnt his Dad the coach of North ? Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:21 am

Well we got away with that and I’m happy to get 4 points phew
I watched the game over again and I’ll ask these questions

1. Why when we are playing ok and playing attacking football do we all of a sudden go into panic mode when the opposition kick a couple goals ?
2. Moore IQ Noble all provided plenty of run dash and penetration with there kicking so why did we go away from that and went ultra defensive in the 3rd ?
3. How can a player who has played as many games as Grundy not understand if you can’t mark it (or at least attempt to) you job is to spoil it ?
4. Where would this side be without Crisp Moore Checkers Pendles ?
5. JDG needs a absolute rocket. Yes he kicked 6 but I saw him kicking grass when he didn’t get the ball when he wanted and then not chasing his man when he got it. He’s lazy and a show pony and needs to be brought back to earth
Come seasons end I would be letting him know if his attitude doesn’t improve markedly he’s free to seek employment elsewhere

We played some good footy at times especially when Moore was tearing them apart by foot and IQ & Noble running and linking up off half back
How North didn’t make a change early on on JDG is a rookie error (thank god)
This may have been T Brown’s break out game. Putting him on Cunnington early was great he worked off him and kept him quiet
I don’t know who’s responsible for our centre square set up during matches but why out Sidey on Cunnington ? Surely it should have been Crisp (who was attending bounces at the same time)
P4S posted in the Sidey tribute thread about his game stats tonight and him playing out of position for the team
It’s true he shouldn’t play as a inside mid it’s a complete waste
He’s a small forward always has been always will be
We need bigger bodies in the middle who can do that hard work
I know Adams is missing and Sier plays about 20 decent minutes a week then goes for a nap so let’s be bold
Let’s try Maynard. He’s as hard as a cats head and his raking left boot out of the middle wouldn’t hurt
Play Sidey and Pendles rotating in the forward line or as outside mids feeding the ball into our forward line
Daicos works well in traffic but he shouldn’t be a inside mid either. We need his skills on the outside
I have grave concerns our coaching staff have nil idea what the best position of most of our players are

4 points is 4 points and likely means we won’t be winning the spoon this season which is a positive
On to next week we go and hopefully we can take some confidence from that win and improve our performance and keep doing so for the rest of the season
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:30 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I thought it was a good win. It should have been by more, but were upset a bit losing Murphy and Roughead.

I loved Bucks decision to play Pendles mainly up forward. Also liked the midfield work of Tyler Brown, Daicos, Sidey (early) and Crisp. Cameron continues to improve. The challenge for JDG now is to string several good games together, rather than just the occasional flash in the pan.

Poulter looks good. Henry needs more games. McCreery might need a rest I reckon.

Great to hear our song again. Go Pies!

Mr Rude Boy- you have taken the words out of my mouth. This game gave a snapshot of the future years.

Pendlebury can play another five seasons because he needs so few possessions forward to be damaging.

Tyler Brown showed why he is rated highly internally-

Crisp gives us dash out of the middle.

Poulter and Henry both show promise.

Callum Brown played a good last quarter up near the action.

Cameron has only played a dozen games but has shown an appetite for goal kicking.

McReery possibly needs a spell, but his pressure in the forward half is important.

Possible changes for Sydney if Murphy and Roughead were concussed.

Outs Murphy, Roughead, McCreery & Mayne

Ins: Sier, Howe Wilson & Greenwood

I am happy that we are plugging into the youth on the list- I regret that Sidey has lost a yard in pace and seems to be caught more frequently than in years past- perhaps an option to be traded?? (second rounder)

I think that Mason Cox might be on the way out to another team- would North be interested for a second-rounder?

The mid-season draft will give an indication of the future of some listed players- If the Pies draft one or more of the tall beasts from Sandy Dragons, the futures of Cox and Max Lynch might be on thin ice.

Would love to see Kelly, McMahon, Wilson, Bianco before the end of the year.

I am actually bullish about the future, but realistic to know that there will be short term pain in the meanwhile.

Floreat Pica

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:57 am

Piesnchess wrote:

Well said, you said it all mate, spot on. Never in my entire life, have i hoped we would lose, never ever once. Some Bloody keyboard warriors on here need to grow up, and dont piss down my back and tell me its raining, to quote Josey Wales.! Smile

I think it s dont piss in my pocket and tell me its raining: the outlaw

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:31 pm

I forgot to mention the good game by Keane. He obviously needs to work on his goal kicking (ha ha), but he is showing that he can have a bright future for us as a defender.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: