Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Football department changes - Ned Guy resigns

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Yes, Rendall was sacked by the Crows after allegedly saying a club should only draft Aboriginal players if they have one white parent.

After this incident, he was quickly snapped up by Collingwood. The judgement and awareness of our club in the Indigenous space beggars belief.

Ok fair call he was sacked, but still this doesn't mean he doesn't understand football.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:38 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
“Didn’t watch much footy” Can anyone fill me in on who said this? It’s pretty damning. Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out, Ned.

I believe it was Matt Rendell... make of that what you will.

Rendell is worse than Grant Thomas was when the Saints sacked him, got an axe to grind. No wonder no one likes him
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:16 am

Too much pressure externally meant Guy was always going to fall on his sword.

I hope it doesn't stop there. Buckley, the assistants and Hine all need to depart by seasons end.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:59 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Boogie Knights wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
“Didn’t watch much footy” Can anyone fill me in on who said this? It’s pretty damning. Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out, Ned.

I believe it was Matt Rendell... make of that what you will.

Rendell is worse than Grant Thomas was when the Saints sacked him, got an axe to grind. No wonder no one likes him

I like him so you're already wrong Wink

K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:11 am

"Dayne Beams says the contract settlement after his early retirement came outside the salary cap, rather than adding to the club’s 2020 cap woes.

It’s unclear whether Collingwood reached a separate settlement with the AFL on the matter or if Beams was simply incorrect.

“From a personal point of view, my situation was, I guess, caught up in that and there was a lot of noise around that,” Beams said on SEN.

“There were, obviously, people hearing what they were hearing and there were a few wires crossed.

“Anything that was negotiated with me and my contract was outside the cap, so I actually had nothing to do with anything that went on there.

“The only thing they probably lost with my scenario was a couple of early draft picks, which was unfortunate … the club got itself in the position they were in and a few people had to fall out.”"
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:18 pm

One of those changes was Geoff Walsh who is currently one of four at Blues doing a full review of everything including the coaching position that Teague currently has

He could well have been doing simalar if with us now

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:02 pm

BazBoy wrote:
One of those changes was Geoff Walsh who is currently one of four at Blues doing a full review of everything including the coaching position that Teague currently has

I actually find this astonishing. Walsh was the footy manager who must have signed off on the Beams pay out, which is now under scrutiny as K indicated above . Presumably, he also agreed with all the contract deals which forced the crisis with the salary cap.
Yet, he gets to gracefully retire without any repercussions at all and now another club thinks he's capable of participating in a review to set them on a better path. Incredible! At least that club is Carlton, so any dubious input he has will adversely affect them, not us, thankfully. He may get to inadvertently reimburse the Pies for the questionable service he gave us in his latter years.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:40 pm

I was just reading an interview from Paul Licuria link below:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/big-name-may-not-be-best-fit-for-pies-in-coach-search-licuria-20210612-p580hc.html

I know the mods don't like direct quoting of media sources. So i will paraphrase the part of Licuria's response that i took umbrage with:

'We over spent on the sary cap because in 2018, 19', 20' we were in the window for a flag so we had to go hard"

My issue with this attitude is that their are 5 or 6 clubs that are currently in the flag window and have been for a few years, you don't see these clubs having player 'fire sales' at trade time. So why did we of all the other clubs crash and burn so badly? Just because we were in the Premerships window we HAD to blow our salary cap? Please spare me.

And why shouldn't the current board be held responsible for the failure? (Wirh the except of a few board members who are only new).

Also according to Licuria the club only became aware of the extent of the salary issue when Ned Guy came on board??? This begs the question of what the hell his predecessor was doing??? And who was overseeing all of this??? Or do financial red lights and sirens only start blasting at the Holden Centre once you are already over your cap???

To borrow a quote from the movie Apocalypse Now:

'The Bullshit builds up so fast at this club you need wings to stay above it'

This article left me with just as many questions as answers...I will give Licuria some credit for admitting fault on the clubs part...but he shouldn't have to he has only been thier since 2018. I would like Eddie, Korda and the board members at the time explain themselves and tbier failure to be accountable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: