Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley = Renew or Sack?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Buckley be renewed or sacked?
Renewed
30%
 30%  [ 36 ]
Sacked
70%
 70%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 120

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Redlight wrote:
If Wright decides...

Ah, the messiah's messiah, poor old Graeme Wright, dragged in to play president, coach and the lord god himself to raise Lazarus from the dead, now on a hiding to nothing.

All that special pleading and it boils down to...trust in a bloke you know less about than the dark side of the moon, and far less about than the actual person you're supposed to be assessing who has been at or around the club since 1994. Perhaps by 2044 you'll have just about enough knowledge of Nathan Buckley to make a call.

It's becoming Strangelovian in its absurdity.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Jezza wrote:

The media is soft on him [Buckley]. Teague is copping it left, right and centre and very little is said about Buckley in comparison. There's only been one or two media pundits who have openly questioned his coaching future.

I guess the difference is Buckley has had us winning finals in each of the previous 3 seasons. Teague has not.

I've made this point many times. Collingwood always wins finals. I know that, you know that, Media knows that and everyone knows that.

And what you, I, Media and everyone else knows is that we can't win GF's.

Talking and winning Finals is just NOT good enough for this club anymore - it should be seen as a failure from now on!!!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:54 pm

pietillidie wrote:

It's becoming Strangelovian in its absurdity.

Great movie, so many of those guys put out 'Oscar' worthy performances.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:22 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:

Talking and winning Finals is just NOT good enough for this club anymore - it should be seen as a failure from now on!!!

Hear, hear! This is one area that this club owns exclusively - satisfaction with making it to the big dance alone. We have the best record of winning Preliminary Finals in the league but the worst at converting to premierships.

Accepting a Grand Final appearance as 'success' should cease right now.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:44 pm

Jezza wrote:
The media is soft on him. Teague is copping it left, right and centre and very little is said about Buckley in comparison. There's only been one or two media pundits who have openly questioned his coaching future.
Whether others like it or not, many supporters and I won't stop advocating for a change until a decision is made. We see this as a window of opportunity to change things up for the better.

Well if you want people to acknowledge and respect your opinion, maybe you should do the same with regards to opposing opinions dude. I find it gob smacking that you don’t see the hypocrisy in what you doing. It may be an oversight.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:50 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:

Hear, hear! This is one area that this club owns exclusively - satisfaction with making it to the big dance alone. We have the best record of winning Preliminary Finals in the league but the worst at converting to premierships.

Fair dinkum bullocks😡 In my lifetime, I have yet to meet a fan who said “aw shucks we didn’t win the GF but hey, how awesome was it that we made the Prelim”. I think this subject being discussed seems to arm the club critics into this nonsensical made up rubbish which they end up believing themselves.

We have not had the rub of the green in a few losing grand finals but it is also the case that at other times we were beaten by better teams. Such if life in competitive sport. It is better to pick ourselves up and carry on rather than have a whinge for years. And that is exactly what some of us do.

Lord Maximus Farquaad Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:16 pm

Great comment Lazza. It's good that you have just blown the "we were only one kick away from winning the 2018 GF" statement out of the water as an argument to retain Buckley. You are 100% correct, making the GF was not success.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:16 pm

Jezza wrote:
Being "knee jerk" is wanting a coach gone halfway through his first contract (e.g. Nathan Buckley in 2013), not 10 seasons into his coaching tenure when we have enough body of work to objectively assess his record.

The mediocrity that permeates this club in order to benefit one individual is baffling, albeit it's not surprising as history shows. Favourite sons have failed as Collingwood senior coaches in the form of Weideman and Shaw. The evidence shows the best Collingwood coaches in the last 50 years have been outsiders with no previous affiliation to the club (i.e. Hafey, Matthews and Malthouse).

For those who want him to stay, how long do you want him to stay for? Another year? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?

Buckley is currently the longest serving coach in the league without a premiership to his name, with Hinkley and Cameron not too far behind him. When we do we say as a collective that it's time for a fresh voice?

The media is soft on him. Teague is copping it left, right and centre and very little is said about Buckley in comparison. There's only been one or two media pundits who have openly questioned his coaching future.

Whether others like it or not, many supporters and I won't stop advocating for a change until a decision is made. We see this as a window of opportunity to change things up for the better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URBRQ5YeARs
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm

Nathan Buckley just said he didn’t believe he has lost the players but “It’s harder to connect now”

Please explain!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:33 pm

Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Well if you want people to acknowledge and respect your opinion, maybe you should do the same with regards to opposing opinions dude. I find it gob smacking that you don’t see the hypocrisy in what you doing. It may be an oversight.

I respect and tolerate everyone's opinion, even those I disagree with.

I've made my stance clear. You have a tendency to target posters who disagree with you on the coach so I'm not taking lectures from you.

Lord Maximus Farquaad Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:35 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Nathan Buckley just said he didn’t believe he has lost the players but “It’s harder to connect now”

Please explain!!

It can't be any clearer. He knows where they are, but they don't listen to him.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:50 pm

I was being glib with the “please explain “. It’s been crystal clear

More so since the “the great trade off”

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:59 pm

Jezza wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:

I respect and tolerate everyone's opinion, even those I disagree with.

I've made my stance clear. You have a tendency to target posters who disagree with you on the coach so I'm not taking lectures from you.

Hear, hear. Lazza has a go at anyone who disagrees with his opinion. I’ve been on the end of it myself lately.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:31 pm

Can anyone point to absolute evidence that Buckley has lost the players?

Please don’t suggest because we are losing games because then clearly the same applies to Clarkson.

If he indeed has lost the players then the Club need to act immediately.

If not then the people claiming as such should apologise if they have any respect for others.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:29 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:

Let me put another angle on why we didn't win Grand Finals when I started supporting the PIES . Has it ever passed peoples minds that we may not have been the best team in it! I can only recall a few GF where we were the better team leading into it!!
1970, 2011 and that is it!!!! THe Hafey years only 77 were we equal and the bloke that got us there was not allowed to play in it! North were much better. 79-81 Carlton and Richmond were better. 1990 Dons and Weagles were better, but we took the Flag home. 2002-03 anyone here willing to say we were better than Brizzi or the Adelaide teams, Even Malthouse as great as a coach that he is couldn't get us over the line. 2010 we deservedly stole it from the Saints but they and Geelong were better teams. 2018 well Richmond, Weagles were better. So if you believe in the colliwobbles you probably believe in Fairies as well!! To win Grand finals you firstly need the cattle, a coach that can get the best out of the players and a little fortune.

Last edited by Mossi on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45   

Jump to: