Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley = Renew or Sack?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Buckley be renewed or sacked?
Renewed
30%
 30%  [ 36 ]
Sacked
70%
 70%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 120

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

schuey07 wrote:
think positive wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
It’s not the coach though. Someone else picks the teams obviously. Maybe the assistant coaches do, that’s why if we just get some new assistant coaches Bucks should be ok.

ugh? what you smokin??

tell me this is sarcasm!

Of course it is. Haven’t you seen the rest of my posts.

Oh

So no weed then? Bugger!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:05 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
If our coach is as bad as many Nicksters keep saying, can someone please explain how and why our team is very competitive almost every week? Buck's may well have run his race as our coach, but surely he should be given some credit for the competitiveness of our team this year, particularly when you consider our injury profile and the unusually high number of first yr players. If Bucks is actually a dud coach as many suggest, then I'd expect us to be copping a belting most weeks. That ain't happening. To my mind that demonstrates he is doing some things right.

Mate Your wavering! Get back over here on the dark side again! No dim sims for you!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:07 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
^ They're epoch-definingly hopeless. They've put in some of the worst Collingwood performances of all-time in recent weeks. What's to like?

I have to totally agree. There is absolutely nothing to like in the "competitiveness" we are witnessing currently.

Yeah I half way think we are a training run, then they change gear on us. McCreery gave us some excitement for a couple of games.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:08 pm

think positive wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
think positive wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
It’s not the coach though. Someone else picks the teams obviously. Maybe the assistant coaches do, that’s why if we just get some new assistant coaches Bucks should be ok.

ugh? what you smokin??

tell me this is sarcasm!

Of course it is. Haven’t you seen the rest of my posts.

Oh

So no weed then? Bugger!

I wish. Anyway all the weed here is crap skunk weed. It be nice to get some of that good Cali stuff.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:22 pm

Hehe, I remember walking around Denver, OMG you would get high if you took too deep a breath!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:47 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
If our coach is as bad as many Nicksters keep saying, can someone please explain how and why our team is very competitive almost every week? Buck's may well have run his race as our coach, but surely he should be given some credit for the competitiveness of our team this year, particularly when you consider our injury profile and the unusually high number of first yr players. If Bucks is actually a dud coach as many suggest, then I'd expect us to be copping a belting most weeks. That ain't happening. To my mind that demonstrates he is doing some things right.

Our injury list is comparable to most clubs.

Playing a defensive-brand of football to ensure we don't get thrashed is not competitive football. Did you enjoy watching us against GWS, Gold Coast, Sydney and Geelong and think we were on the right track?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:08 pm

Well, whadya know... 5 marks inside forward 50 and some accurate goal kicking, next minute...
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:47 pm

think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Mate Your wavering! Get back over here on the dark side again! No dim sims for you!

A river in Egypt Rudeboy...

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:48 pm

Tomorrows headlines 'Buckley resigned for 5 years!!'
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:22 pm

"NATHAN Buckley may be the smoothest, and best, media operator to ever grace AFL coaching ranks.

Always prepared to provide considered and detailed responses to industry questions and debate, Buckley, armed with his own set of trusted contacts who keep him informed of all necessary information and conflict, understands and excels in the "media game" as proficiently as anyone working full-time in it. Buckley doesn't get caught off-guard when talking into microphones. Diplomacy has constantly been a theme."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/627168/barrett-no-accident-as-bucks-picks-his-side-in-pies-board-fight
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:38 am

RudeBoy wrote:

It says he’s built a very strong defensive side but doesn’t understand you still have to kick goals to actually win games...

The fact he was lauded last year for drawing a game where we kick 5 goals for an entire game says a lot. It was probably the teams biggest performance of the home and away season...

Of course it’s hard to have an attacking game plan when for some unexplainable reason, the club has refused to recruit any forwards since he ran our best CHF in a long time out of the club.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:59 pm

Buckley is very likely a very good coach and the right man to lead the club forward.

The list, at the moment, is average at best. When it's required Buckley institutes a highly defensive play style to keep us in the game as long as possible. That's the right thing to do. If we tried to go toe-to-toe with teams like Melbourne and Geelong and play free flowing football we would be utterly destroyed.

It's an absolutely positive sign that we often manage to jump sides. That would indicate to me that the coaching staff are providing brilliant preparation and a game strategy that takes our opposition by surprise and enables us to get the early lead. Unfortunately we don't have the quality of players to sustain that early advantage and better sides are often able to run us down.

In my opinion the calls for Buckley's sacking are mostly just knee-jerk reactions to a period of rebuild. It's frustration combined with a lack of imagination. I see people on here calling for Clarkson as if he'd be the saviour. He's in a similar spot at Hawthorn right now and guess what? Hawthorn are in worse shape than we are.

Let Wright run his review. If he says 'stick with Buckley' then suck it up and get behind the man.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:59 pm

Double, apologies.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:09 pm

10 year knee jerk right Redlight... Nathan is an overly defensive, scared to take risk and frankly unimaginative coach - he's easily replaceable. Regardless of whomever is coaching us I'll hope we win a flag, but sooner rather than later would be nice and for that to happen we need a coach who's actually good... not average.

PS: personally I really would rather not go for Clarkson, imo he's past it.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Redlight wrote:
It's an absolutely positive sign that we often manage to jump sides. That would indicate to me that the coaching staff are providing brilliant preparation and a game strategy that takes our opposition by surprise and enables us to get the early lead. Unfortunately we don't have the quality of players to sustain that early advantage and better sides are often able to run us down.

You are somewhat correct in your assertion that being well prepared and getting away to a lead is a positive sign. It is. However, I take exception to the rest of your argument. What is apparently abundant is that, after rushing out of the blocks, we almost always get run down. That is not the result of a lack of talent; that is being outcoached on gameday. Buckley simply cannot respond to the variable introduced from changes made by opposition coaches. Ergo, he is the problem and he must be replaced.

Like Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get hit!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 42 of 45   

Jump to: