Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley = Renew or Sack?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Buckley be renewed or sacked?
Renewed
30%
 30%  [ 36 ]
Sacked
70%
 70%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 120

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I've seen the light also.

I want Bucks to be given a 5 yr contract extension, so we can finally put to bed all this contract bullshit, which has dogged his time as coach, against the background of an incredibly destabilised football department. I'm hoping that Wright will provide the stability and support Nathan needs, and allow him to build a new team with all these promising kids currently on our list. Everything I have seen suggests the players are on board with Bucks, so the club needs to be very strong in its support, and put to an end once and for all, all this questioning of his coaching credentials.

And then what Rudey? After 5 years I mean? Flag or the door?

...another 5 yrs. Cool
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:11 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The simple reality is Hardwick was heading towards his second Premiership in charge of Richmond in his 10th season while Buckley and Collingwood are heading towards a bottom 4 to 6 finish.

And IMO there's not a lot of evidence that Hardwick is a good coach.

The game plan is Caracella's.

Any coaching credit for Dusty belongs to Choco Williams.

Dusty plus fitness & injury management (also not the coach's credit) gave them 3 cheap flags.
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:15 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Its a poor workman that blames his tools....

... especially if he has a hand in what tools he has.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I want Bucks to be given a 5 yr contract extension, so we can finally put to bed all this contract bullshit, which has dogged his time as coach, against the background of an incredibly destabilised football department. I'm hoping that Wright will provide the stability and support Nathan needs, and allow him to build a new team with all these promising kids currently on our list. Everything I have seen suggests the players are on board with Bucks, so the club needs to be very strong in its support, and put to an end once and for all, all this questioning of his coaching credentials.

And then what Rudey? After 5 years I mean? Flag or the door?

...another 5 yrs. Cool

and therein lies the problem!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

RB as with like Lazza, I want you to know that I do actually respect your opinion. Now straight up, I think you're mad... giving Nathan more years is not the answer... maybe he'll rebuild, maybe we'll get a flag... very much maybe... but there will be no dynasty or anything of the sort.. you should know this by now.. if Bucks gets a flag, it'll be by luck and not skill. You need to let go, Lazza is as loyal as you if not more loyal and he knows what we say is truth - we all wanted Nathan to succeed but unfortunately if that's the case it will be mostly by luck, and more from support (ie assistants) over a time period which balances over time frames i.e equalisation. No skill involved - let go dude... climb on board and be one with the new age - we as a club can be very strong again... we just need this for want of a better expression 'hero worshipping' to end... be assured Nathan is a legend of the club, just not in the coaching hemisphere.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:32 pm

Yeah, you make a lot of sense TBWCW.

The problem is my love of Collingwood is purely emotional, not logical. Likewise, my desire to see our legend Bucks hold up a Premiership cup. It's all about passion and emotion, and very little about objective or rational analysis. FWIW, I actually believe that a lot of the arguments for sacking Bucks are also emotionally based - supporters are frustrated and want to find someone to blame for our lack of flag success.

Anyway, whatever happens, we all want the same thing. Go Pies!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:35 pm

^ true enough, we're all on the same side and lets not forget this.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:17 pm

I think if the club renewed Buckley, it would be demoralising for a lot of the supporter base.

However, this doesn't mean we would have ever stop supporting the club or not get behind the young kids building a future for themselves at the club, but a renewal would be a signal to me and others that the club tolerates mediocrity and lacks ambition to better itself.

This discussion about changing assistants has already been done. We did it at the end of 2017 and it nearly worked, but that boat has come and gone now. How many people have to be sacked at the expense of one man, before we start considering the prospect he might be contributing to our on-field problems.

Lastly, some mentioned the notion of wanting to have "hope" going forward. Changing coach isn't without risk, but I'm excited by the prospect of trying something new. Seeing a new game style, a change in recruiting and development etc. It might all backfire, but the club has been too conservative in the past decade, and needs to rediscover it's bold and innovative side if it's to climb back to the top.

The club has been more than patient with Buckley. We gave him all the resources for him to succeed. Supporters wanted a favourite son of the club to succeed, but it's been 10 years and the success hasn't been there.

It would be appropriate to part ways at seasons end and I think the timing is right with a lot of changes occurring at the club in the past few months:

- Buckley is out of contract at seasons end.
- McGuire is gone. The new president will be keen to stamp his own authority at the club.
- The club is in rebuild mode. This will take several years before we're competing with the top clubs again.
- Major football department changes are occurring as we speak.

Buckley will always retain the respect of the supporter base, but no one is bigger than the club. The club's interests need to come first!

MickMCG34 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:27 pm

Hey K
Pleeeeeaaaaassseeee .... how can we get “3 cheap flags” ??????
Just 1 would suffice for a few ........decades.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:31 pm

It’s so funny that posters are saying Ed didn’t do enough DD on Bucks.
Considering not a single person had a problem with the succession plan.
Ed’s mistake was believing MM was a man of his word - that’s where DD failed.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:32 pm

Jezza wrote:
The club is in rebuild mode. This will take several years before we're competing with the top clubs again.

Disagree on this point Jedda dude. This may have been true years ago but these days clubs can rebuild and reset much quicker through astute trading, drafting and recruiting. Several years can be reduced to a few.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:42 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Yeah, you make a lot of sense TBWCW.

The problem is my love of Collingwood is purely emotional, not logical. Likewise, my desire to see our legend Bucks hold up a Premiership cup. It's all about passion and emotion, and very little about objective or rational analysis. FWIW, I actually believe that a lot of the arguments for sacking Bucks are also emotionally based - supporters are frustrated and want to find someone to blame for our lack of flag success.

Anyway, whatever happens, we all want the same thing. Go Pies!

Ditto. FWIW, I blame Ned Guy for our lack of cattle for success🥺
However we need to be forward looking instead of being stuck in the mud. We should all support the club administrators in what they do, stop our incessant whinging, remain positive and join the exciting adventure of rebuilding our list. Let’s become mighty again and rise from the ashes.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:46 pm

I have a feeling we have already secured Clarkson.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:50 pm

Cam wrote:
I have a feeling we have already secured Clarkson.

Need more information Cam. What do you base your feeling on? Speculation, gut feeling or something more solid?

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:18 pm

Speculation based around how media narratives are formed and dispersed over time. Nothing more than that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 17 of 45   

Jump to: