Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

24000 at the game today.
The crowds are going to be really really small come July and August.
My brother is convinced that Bux will be sacked.
It will be only be about the money according to my brother.
Fans are walking and will soon be followed by sponsors.
And "show me the Money" from the Board to Bux will be the final nail.
No money coming whilst Bux remains coach.

Last edited by masoncox on Sat May 01, 2021 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:00 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
liked Poulter's game thought he and McCreery are good finds. Not sure about Finlay - looks timid.
Murphy's grab is one to remember and Keane did some nice things.

I agree, although I think Macrae also did some nice things he just needs game time to get with the speed of senior football.

Moore needs to be in defence.

IQ should be moved up the ground.

DeGoey & Maynard need a kick in the arse.

Kelly, Wilson, Rantall, Kelly, Henry & Bianco when fit, need to be given game time now.

Thomas, WHE, Brown's x 2, Mayne, Sier & Madgen can't be part of our future (unless Brownie's kids can show significant improvement)

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:00 pm

We have got no draft picks next year, as all will be needed for nick daicos, so you would have to trade current players for picks - how many on our list would attract a first round pick from another club? Maybe Moore/ de goey, so we can’t trade ourselves out of trouble, so what you see on our list this year we are stuck with.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:01 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.
Well we have done really well in the Forward line with out him. Lost 3 games straight.
I didn't see most of the game but I gather Cameron did nothing.
Cox will go to another club like hawthorn next year and do really well there.

Cox wasn't VFL standard in the two games he played there before he was withdrawn yesterday with "soreness". Cameron wasn't great today - but he still had as much of the ball as Cox has ever had and more hitouts than Cox has ever managed. Given that he was very good, indeed, against Essendon last week and competitive, at least, again today, you should assume that Cox will continue to be Cameron's backup. Since I don't really have much time for Cameron, that says all you need to know about Cox.

Dunno, but id rather Cox over Cameron, Cox can ruck, and least when he does get the ball,hes a pretty accurate kick, rarely misses. Plus hes a big bugger, and cant be left alone at all by defenders. Our forward line is abysmal, we need to change it up for next week, aside from Checkers. Elliott will help there, but hes weeks away yet. De Goey needs a huge rocket up him, whatever.

I don't know why we can't play both Cox and Cameron. Nothing to lose, because as I said before, there's no-one as yet pushing for a forward spot. Maybe later in the season there might be, but until then, at least Coxy absorbs a couple of defenders every time the ball comes in.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Does Moore really escape scrutiny for that game? He had 5 disposals - yet, he's allegedly Collingwood's best player?

Played out of position PS4, like Sidey last week Wink

Whatever blah blah... He's not our best player, but he's 'potentially' our most important.. structurally, mind you not when the coach is neither here nor there with what to do with him... sigh...

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.
Well we have done really well in the Forward line with out him. Lost 3 games straight.

Cox wasn't VFL standard in the two games he played there before he was withdrawn yesterday with "soreness". Cameron wasn't great today - but he still had as much of the ball as Cox has ever had and more hitouts than Cox has ever managed. Given that he was very good, indeed, against Essendon last week and competitive, at least, again today, you should assume that Cox will continue to be Cameron's backup. Since I don't really have much time for Cameron, that says all you need to know about Cox.

Dunno, but id rather Cox over Cameron, Cox can ruck, and least when he does get the ball,hes a pretty accurate kick, rarely misses. Plus hes a big bugger, and cant be left alone at all by defenders. Our forward line is abysmal, we need to change it up for next week, aside from Checkers. Elliott will help there, but hes weeks away yet. De Goey needs a huge rocket up him, whatever.

Is your memory so poor that you have forgotten how Cameron played last week?

THAT was last week, this is now. We cannot go with the same forward line next week, 7 miserable goals, get real, we must change things up, do something different now. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:04 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
We have got no draft picks next year, as all will be needed for nick daicos, so you would have to trade current players for picks - how many on our list would attract a first round pick from another club? Maybe Moore/ de goey, so we can’t trade ourselves out of trouble, so what you see on our list this year we are stuck with.

If the club needs a full blooded rebuild, as I believe it does, Darcy and JDG are exactly the type of players to trade. Grundy would be too, except no other club would pay the money he's on.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:

If the club needs a full blooded rebuild, as I believe it does, Darcy and JDG are exactly the type of players to trade. Grundy would be too, except no other club would pay the money he's on.

What if we were to pay 40% of his contract?
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 pm

I usually get a little animated during a game. Today, I sat there and just chuckled. It’s a train wreck. Buckley has no idea. Persisting with Moore for 4 quarters in the forward line. Laughable. The young kids are good. Really, it’s comical that this club still backs FIGJAM. Hilarious actually.

Last edited by Peponi on Sat May 01, 2021 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:07 pm

gurugeoff wrote:

We are in a great position aren't we!
Needing points.
I can see it now ...the collingwood second annual fire sale.
JDG for a late second rounder.
Cox for a late 3rd rounder
Grundy for a late first rounder...and we will pay most of his salary for the next 5 years.
What a pathetic situation we are in.
And everybody said Eddie was really smart.
Play the Benny hill music please.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:08 pm

Today was putrid
Our list is terrible and our skills are not AFL standard.
Sadly, our effort isn’t either. Last two weeks at the game it is obvious that we are slow and don’t run as hard as opposition- bombers and suns always outnumbered us.
mihocek and McCreery really the only players who can hold their head high
Had our chances and couldn’t kick straight
The inevitable is surely a north loss away
matrix10 

Double
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.

I don't know why we can't play both Cox and Cameron. Nothing to lose, because as I said before, there's no-one as yet pushing for a forward spot. Maybe later in the season there might be, but until then, at least Coxy absorbs a couple of defenders every time the ball comes in.
I agree leave out JT at least Cox takes players
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:09 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.

I agree you could play all three, but only on the condition that we don't play slow plodders like Thomas, Madgen, Sier, Greenwood and Mayne further up the field who are going to be smashed by the opposition faster mids.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:10 pm

^^^^^&&Who would win in a race Cox or JT???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 5 of 22   

Jump to: