Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 7.13.55
Gold Coast 12.7.79

Goals: Checkers 4, Grundy, Noble, Daics 1.

Disposals: Daics 27, Pendles 26, Checkers 24, Sidey, Grundy 21, IQ 20, Crisp, Mayne, Noble 18, Maynard 16, De Goey, WHE, Noble, Murphy, Callum, Roughy, Cameron, Poulter 15, McCreery 11

Tackles: McCreery 9, Daics 5, Pendles, Grundy 4.

AF Points: Checkers 136, Grundy 119, Daics 99, Pendles 98,

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:48 pm

masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.
Well we have done really well in the Forward line with out him. Lost 3 games straight.
I didn't see most of the game but I gather Cameron did nothing.
Cox will go to another club like hawthorn next year and do really well there.

Cox wasn't VFL standard in the two games he played there before he was withdrawn yesterday with "soreness". Cameron wasn't great today - but he still had as much of the ball as Cox has ever had and more hitouts than Cox has ever managed. Given that he was very good, indeed, against Essendon last week and competitive, at least, again today, you should assume that Cox will continue to be Cameron's backup. Since I don't really have much time for Cameron, that says all you need to know about Cox.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:50 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.
Well we have done really well in the Forward line with out him. Lost 3 games straight.

Cox is a part of the problem. Another makeshift forward rather than getting a real forward. I'll be happy to see him elsewhere if it means we have actual goal kicking forwards playing up forward.

I accept your point, but we still have two thirds of a season to get through.
We have no young and upcoming forward knocking on the door, Checkers is our only consistent forward. So there's a spot for Coxy in the 2021 team. At least he gives us something to kick to, seeing as the mids seem to like to bomb it in. Plus, it would allow Darcy to go back to defence, where he belongs.

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Sat May 01, 2021 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:50 pm

Does Moore really escape scrutiny for that game? He had 5 disposals - yet, he's allegedly Collingwood's best player?
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:51 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.

Cox is a part of the problem. Another makeshift forward rather than getting a real forward. I'll be happy to see him elsewhere if it means we have actual goal kicking forwards playing up forward.

Cox was never going to be a powered forward.
He is a Riuckman who can play forward.
He can take marks around the ground and he needs a few players to mind him.
I know... let's play JT and WHE every week....that is what the opposition want.
WHE or Cox ....who would the opposition worry more about?
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:52 pm

News just coming in from South Australia........Port no longer want to wear black n white incase they get associated with collingwood.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:52 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.

He can't even compete to an acceptable standard in the VFL.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.

Cox wasn't VFL standard in the two games he played there before he was withdrawn yesterday with "soreness". Cameron wasn't great today - but he still had as much of the ball as Cox has ever had and more hitouts than Cox has ever managed. Given that he was very good, indeed, against Essendon last week and competitive, at least, again today, you should assume that Cox will continue to be Cameron's backup. Since I don't really have much time for Cameron, that says all you need to know about Cox.

Dunno, but id rather Cox over Cameron, Cox can ruck, and least when he does get the ball,hes a pretty accurate kick, rarely misses. Plus hes a big bugger, and cant be left alone at all by defenders. Our forward line is abysmal, we need to change it up for next week, aside from Checkers. Elliott will help there, but hes weeks away yet. De Goey needs a huge rocket up him, whatever.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
masoncox 

masoncox

Pies4shaw wrote:
masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.

I think Cox has already mentally checked out at Pieland.
Going thru the motions in the VFL.
GreekLunatic 

Time for a new coach they ain’t playing for him
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:54 pm

^ Cox is a remnant of a game plan since surpassed.

Buckley refuses to recruit a forward and instead wants to go cheap with a makeshift ruckman who neither dominates the ruck nor dominates the forward line. Lynch, White, Cox, Cameron. All the same.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
masoncox wrote:
And another thing.
People want Cox dropped.

Dunno, but id rather Cox over Cameron, Cox can ruck, and least when he does get the ball,hes a pretty accurate kick, rarely misses. Plus hes a big bugger, and cant be left alone at all by defenders. Our forward line is abysmal, we need to change it up for next week, aside from Checkers. Elliott will help there, but hes weeks away yet. De Goey needs a huge rocket up him, whatever.

Is your memory so poor that you have forgotten how Cameron played last week?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Piesnchess wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Clearly some of our older players are past it now, and must retire. We need to bottom out, and do a total rebuild, based on our kids, im no fan of Mark Mclure, but thats what he said today, on radio. A total rebuild, a much better draft, and stick with our kids. I cant see any other way.

Totally agree Piesnchess.

I actually think we have a pretty good group of inexperienced players under 50 games. If we trade out some so called stars and get into the draft, select draftees who could meet our needs, teach all players how to play an effective game plan, we'd be looking at a 3 year re-build.

Transform the total footy department, with the exception of Wright to bring in renewed vitality and energy, along with fresh ideas.

It will be a tough ride for supporters, but as you say, there appears to be no other option.

True mate, no other way. Plus as i suggested, wouldnt hurt either to have a good old fashioned crisis meeting tomorrow, at the Club, everyone in todays debacle there, and thrash a lot of things out, put everything on the table, try to clear the air, something along those lines has to happen right bloody now. Idea

Yep, could well set a template for how to get the most out of the rest of the season.
58pie 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Korda is an expert in liquidation. Board and Bucks see you later. Save the PIES when they
are all gone. Hurried decision for new President when outside move was on .
TassiePie1990 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:57 pm

Didn’t see the game but just saw Murphy’s mark. Awesome! Even the opposition player patted him on the back, in respect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 4 of 22   

Jump to: