Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

IF we lose to North it is
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:36 pm

Lol that horse bolted long ago.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:36 pm

I love this suggestion PnC. But I would like your view on whether you think the club is prepared to admit that it is in crisis. I believe the club is more intent on trying to convince everyone that it is not in a crisis.

I genuinely think the club is just waiting for a a win or maybe two to justify to itself the re-appointment of Buckley. They probably hoped the last two weeks and next week would have been ideal if we won all three to announce an extension. Now it is just treading water waiting for the right moment.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:44 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I love this suggestion PnC. But I would like your view on whether you think the club is prepared to admit that it is in crisis. I believe the club is more intent on trying to convince everyone that it is not in a crisis.

I genuinely think the club is just waiting for a a win or maybe two to justify to itself the re-appointment of Buckley. They probably hoped the last two weeks and next week would have been ideal if we won all three to announce an extension. Now it is just treading water waiting for the right moment.

IF that Happens the Club is a Mates Club that don't care about the Fans/Supporters of the Club

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:46 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Nick's should have a crisis meeting imo.

I thought we were already in the middle of one.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:26 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Went to my first game since the 2018 Grand Final.

Positives-

Murphy- in only his 4th or 5th game showed the courage every Collingwood player needs to demonstrate if we are to climb back up the ladder.

McCreery- gut runs and never gives up

McRae- is a little gun-shy at present, but can find the ball.

Poulter- once he adapts to the tempo, will shine- has class written all over him.

Quaynor- a delight to watch his run and carry off half back.

Keane- took three or four solid marks in the second half- is very raw, but will develop- we must wear some days when he will be soundly beaten by more experienced player along the way.

Mihocek- a delight to watch- a real tradesman-like performance- could easily have kicked six goals-with decent supply against North next week he may kick a lazy seven goals...100% respect..

Cameron- not up to his Anzac Day heroics, but this is a very raw tall player early in his career. I would not be disappointed if he were given more time on ball and Grundy played more forward. Inexperienced players take time.

Negatives

Thomas- a 2 touch first half was really poor- essentially unsighted.

Mayne- made way too many howlers for a player of his experience.Is immensely popular among the playing group, but should play out the year in the seconds

Pendlebury- is the unfortunate person to be handed the ball even when he is not the best choice to receive it- Yesterday, he was like a Grand-Master at a Ruben Cube tournament- everyone handed him the ball when they had run out of ideas.

Sidebottom- is not an inside mid or a full time on-baller, but was expected to carry the load in the absence of Sier/Adams et al. Sidey needs to play forward to complement McCreery as the crumbing forward.

Moore- the great Tony Lockett would not have had any impact yesterday given the poor entries inside 50. He is a victim of an appallingly disorganised forward line which has no clear leading patterns amongst its' constituent members.

Coaching panel.

I wrote a few weeks back, we seem to play constipated footy. Please tell our players to play with the courage to make mistakes, but do so from an attacking rather than defensive mindset.

The times yesterday when our players would flip the ball around by hand in a tight space without actually moving it forward was incredibly hard to watch.

Please support our younger backs by putting All-Australian Moore back there to lead the mob.

Play Callum Brown in the guts in Adam's absence and let him hunt the ball.
Please play Tyler Brown every game to see what he can do in the centre.
Have Pendles and Sidey change as ruck-rovers to extend their shelf-life.

Left with five minutes to go- only buoyed by the performance of a few young players on the day and Sier, McInnes, and a few others the night before.

Floreat Pica
[/b]

See at 4:50: https://www.afl.com.au/video/605990/psychologically-wrecked-pies-fallout-lions-bunny-tigers-big-up-yours-?videoId=605990&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1619908758001&tagNames=Home%20Page%20Article%20List

JT.jpg

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:19 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

Don’t think Nick’s needs a crises meeting because basically we see it how it is. It’s the club that needs a good hard look at itself because they continue to live in the glory years of the Jock McHale era which was 90 years ago. David Williamson summarized it perfectly in his play, The Club. Mick Malthouse and Lee Matthews were just a blip in the ocean in the history of this club. The club is itching for any reason to re-sign Nathan Buckley and I expect Nathan to pull one of his tricks out of the bag and string a couple of wins together at some point of time this season, after which the club will oblige and sign him up for another two years. Shortly after the losses will resume and we will find ourselves in the same situation again, but don’t fret Collingwood fans because Nathan will come to the party and string another few wins together and again the club will sign him up for another two year extension. This should guarantee Nathan work up until his senior years when he retires with a nice superannuation package courtesy the Collingwood Football Club.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:28 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Don’t think Nick’s needs a crises meeting because basically we see it how it is. It’s the club that needs a good hard look at itself because they continue to live in the glory years of the Jock McHale era which was 90 years ago. David Williamson summarized it perfectly in his play, The Club. Mick Malthouse and Lee Matthews were just a blip in the ocean in the history of this club. The club is itching for any reason to re-sign Nathan Buckley and I expect Nathan to pull one of his tricks out of the bag and string a couple of wins together at some point of time this season, after which the club will oblige and sign him up for another two years. Shortly after the losses will resume and we will find ourselves in the same situation again, but don’t fret Collingwood fans because Nathan will come to the party and string another few wins together and again the club will sign him up for another two year extension. This should guarantee Nathan work up until his senior years when he retires with a nice superannuation package courtesy the Collingwood Football Club.

As I said, at this point now... we either 1. Sack him or 2. just say *$%*&$ it and sign him for life. Like literally stop circle jerking us and do one or the other.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:40 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:
^ Buckley's responsible for the way we play and the types of players we recruit.

When it comes to the salary cap debacle, we have to look at the list management personnel.

With respect Jezza, Bucks didn’t back end Treloars contract, Bucks doesn’t do the recruiting. As I said earlier his time is up but he shouldn’t be blamed for things he is not responsible for. He is responsible for selection, style of play moves etc and where we currently stand.

His game style is too defensive for the modern game & he does not adjust to rule changes - the game plan is too slow. He had players behind the ball early yesterday. Buckley is also responsible for telling Treloar the players didn’t want him which was a cruel lie. He is also responsible for not telling Stevenson he was on the trade table. He is also responsible for criticising Mayne in the media for the length of his contract. He is responsible for blaming the colour of the jumpers on last weeks loss. With Buckley & McGuire everything is always someone else’s fault. McGuire blamed the media for his downfall. Buckley & MCGuire are not a leaders

I hear what you say ( or read what you say) but it’s the role of the Footy Manager to explain the circumstances re the forced departure of players not the coach’s role. I don’t want Bucks either but he shouldn’t be held responsible for the decisions and the factors leading up to those decisions (such as back ended contracts) that he isn’t responsible for.

I blame him for the way the club plays it’s footy etc but I don’t think he should be blamed for things he is not responsible for.

He is responsible for coaching the team to a worse result than the prior year, every year other than one since he took over a team that won 22 of 25 in 2012. He was a great player 20 years ago, but he is not a good coach and never has been. His defensive zone defence and inability to play to win has been a feature of his stubborn decade long game plan. As the main spokesperson, and spin doctor of the club he is responsible for blaming players and even the colour of a jumper, for his own failure. Two weeks ago he matched up Magden on Tippa for the whole game, refused to make a change when Magden could not keep up, then drops the bloke the next week.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 pm

^ I don’t disagree with what you posted above. Indeed I never wanted the change from MM in the first place. With me ur preaching to the converted. It’s when other things external to his coaching get lumped in for criticism is where I take issue.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:50 pm

The conundrum that needs to be considered as a distinct possibility is this :-

The standard expectation is that a new coach bringing instant success is a given. Okay if not instant, say within 5 years. Has anyone considered that a new coach might get worse results? Would it be that in retrospect, it might show that Bucks did a tremendous job with the list he had? A kind of retrospective respect? Do we have unrealistic expectations of our players?Logical thinking tells me that expecting success with a new coach is only part of speculative thinking, akin to changing your tattslotto numbers and expecting to win first division immediately. 🙄
To me our current problems maybe covering up much deeper issues that interfere with plans designed for achieving success.

Last edited by Lazza on Sun May 02, 2021 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:00 pm

Lazza wrote:

The standard expectation is that a new coach bringing instant success is a given. Okay if not instant, say within 5 years. Has anyone considered that a new coach might get worse results? Would it be that in retrospect, it might show that Bucks did a tremendous job with the list he had? A kind of retrospective respect? Logical thinking tells me that expecting success with a new coach is only part of speculative thinking, akin to changing your tattslotto numbers and expecting to win first division immediately. 🙄

You'll never know and never be able to test or substantiate it, unlike the Tatts numbers example which can be tested.

Therefore, not changing because you are worried about something that can not be measured is not a good enough reason to not change.

I find it funny that people want a kinda guarantee that the successor will be better in order for them to change.

We've never had that before so not sure why its needed now.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:00 pm

Lazza wrote:

The standard expectation is that a new coach bringing instant success is a given. Okay if not instant, say within 5 years. Has anyone considered that a new coach might get worse results? Would it be that in retrospect, it might show that Bucks did a tremendous job with the list he had? A kind of retrospective respect? Logical thinking tells me that expecting success with a new coach is only part of speculative thinking, akin to changing your tattslotto numbers and expecting to win first division immediately. 🙄

According to that logic, no team would ever change its coach (until the coach retires/dies) because otherwise results might get worse under a new coach. Confused

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:07 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Lazza wrote:

According to that logic, no team would ever change its coach (until the coach retires/dies) because otherwise results might get worse under a new coach. Confused

How do you get lower than 17th... oh yeah... good one... 18th, my bad.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:12 pm

Not really true. If this was the case, clubs wouldn’t endure a long complicated process of interviewing candidates and choosing a person who has the potential to achieve ultimate success. The choice they make has to go through a comprehensive analysis and assessment process and pass muster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22   

Jump to: