Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mark Korda (13th President)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
Re. Holgate & Brown talk on this page, I doubt anything has changed since the quoted article. (Brown ruled himself out, and it's not going to be Holgate if she's leading the search with Waite. Not even Eddie would lead a search and end up appointing himself. Wink )

K wrote:
Life after Eddie: The battle for the Collingwood presidency

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/life-after-eddie-the-battle-for-the-collingwood-presidency-20210318-p57bsv.html

"...

... it has professionally engaged the executive search firm InterSearch Australia to find his board replacement. Some high-profile candidates such as John Brumby, Sally Capp, John Wylie, Jeff Browne and Craig Kelly have ruled themselves out at least in the short term. So Holgate and InterSearch partner Peter Waite, who also led the recruitment of CEO Mark Anderson, continue to sift through a long list of aspirants.
..."

That's good news in its own right given the esteem in which Holgate is held by many.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
None of us outsiders know much about the in-house shenanigans, leaking and sabotaging, which seems to have taken place by one or more of our board members, leading up to the coup which toppled Eddie. Therefore, I can't ascertain with any confidence, who among them would make a good President.

Indeed. Opaqueness is fool's gold and a mark of poor leadership because it's a short-term convenience that creates a raft of other problems. By the same token, you don't want a running commentary or no one will even want to be approached for the role given the hysteria which follows our club.

Good leadership gets the balance right. If members are not being broadly apprised and have to read about things through investigative reporting you know the balance is wrong, implying either a shonkiness or poor leadership practice. It's not rocket science; the leaders of the club took on a role that requires striking a balance between providing too much and not enough information. If they lack that ability, the role is not for them.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:45 am

Sam McClure said on Footy Classified that he questioned John Bertrand about it and didn't receive a "not interested reply" , whereas Sally Capp said she was fully occupied helping to get Melbourne out the Covid downturn.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:06 am

Well Mark Korda is filling in and at a guess his business is probably doing all time billing right now, not that I think Sally Cap is the right person either. You won't get a clean start with the current board. All positions should be vacated IMO.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Id be rapt if John Bertram became our new President, the guy is a winner, against all odds type of bloke, loves the Magpies with a passion, hed be my choice.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:19 pm

Browne, Capp and Bertrand are the names that have popped up recently.

According to Damien Barrett, he says powerbrokers are unhappy with the slowness of finding McGuire's replacement and that an EGM could be called which will give members a say on who the next President is.

Although, this should be taken with a grain of salt.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:26 pm

Without having intimate knowledge of each candidates strengths, weaknesses and vision for the club I your average Collingwood supporter and adult member would vote for Peter Murphy as our next President if I was afforded the opportunity.

Why?

Well because unlike every other current board member or candidate he's at least provided some tangible evidence that his instincts are good and his intention pure when he pressured McGuire's into holding a wide ranging review of our football department at the end of our 2017 season.

He knew (like a lot of us) that our club could do better, had to do better and I highly doubt we see that big 2018 spike without him voicing his concerns (and by extension ours).

Unfortunately our football department had again fallen into some bad habits of old under McGuire's watch since the end of 2019 IMO and we have failed to replace the loss of quality from our coaching panel since the departure of Longmuir while Hocking who was only appointed also after the 2017 season was let go by Buckley in preference of close friend Sanderson and long time assistant in Harvey.

That never felt right to me and a stench of staleness is starting to be emitted from our coaching box and 22 once again.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:46 pm

^ Good points, Swoop.

I think Murphy's got some runs on the board, particularly around the 2017 review which was a catalyst for changing our fortunes in 2018. It's a shame we seemed to have regressed back into old habits again.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:07 pm

VOTE #1: HURRICANE HEARN

He'll put the broom through your boardroom!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:34 pm

piedys wrote:
VOTE #1: HURRICANE HEARN

He'll put the broom through your boardroom!

Shocked Embarassed Laughing Wink
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:51 pm
Post subject: Power Play says media (Herald Sun)Reply with quote

Craig Kelly has endorsed Jeff Browne with agreement,s from Peter Moore cotier Pat LaManna & Francis Galbally to be next president

But Korda and Murphy are wanting it from internal sources

The two have had at least 60 days to arrive at a solution

Be interesting

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:04 pm

It's Eddie trying to become President Again Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:19 pm

How is that DTM Does he want Korda/Murphy he can infiltrate

Or his close tie with Browne for exactly same outcome

RickyWatt23 Sagittarius

RickyWatt23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:01 pm

It's time to declare all positions on the board vacant through an EGM and let the social club members vote for their preferred choices. We need a transparent process that allows the voting members to make an informed decision as to who we believe are the best people to lead the club forward.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:05 pm

RickyWatt23 wrote:
It's time to declare all positions on the board vacant through an EGM and let the social club members vote for their preferred choices. We need a transparent process that allows the voting members to make an informed decision as to who we believe are the best people to lead the club forward.

Agreed should be a full spill.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 12 of 20   

Jump to: