Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dumped by Eagles. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

slangman wrote:
K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
It is not just bad luck. Why does it hardly happen to Richmond? Because they play as a team wave. The whole team is in total synergy. I watched their game against St Kilda in bewilderment. St Kilda was terrible, but in large part because of Richmond's team inner co-ordination and dynamism. Because they apply pressure at every contest, not just one individual, but several, each individual is protected by the group. How they get to the contest as a swarm is the key. Well, one aspect is just leg speed. And that is where we are, sadly, bereft.
The main thing is midfield capacity. ...

I believe it's the fitness and no injuries that let Richmond swarm and pressure, not the other way round. (It's not the swarm and pressure that make them injury-free.)

100% agree.

Imagine Martin getting a broken nose and concussion within the first 10 minutes of last years GF??

There is zero chance that the Tigers would have won.

Missing the point. What we are debating here is why such devastating injuries rarely happen to Richmond.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:19 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
It is not just bad luck. Why does it hardly happen to Richmond? Because they play as a team wave. The whole team is in total synergy. I watched their game against St Kilda in bewilderment. St Kilda was terrible, but in large part because of Richmond's team inner co-ordination and dynamism. Because they apply pressure at every contest, not just one individual, but several, each individual is protected by the group. How they get to the contest as a swarm is the key. Well, one aspect is just leg speed. And that is where we are, sadly, bereft.

I believe it's the fitness and no injuries that let Richmond swarm and pressure, not the other way round. (It's not the swarm and pressure that make them injury-free.)

Could it be both? A reciprocal relationship perhaps?

Nailed it. Dialetical thinking PP!!

That sounds all nice and fluffy but it doesn’t explain why they don’t get any of those innocuous long term injuries.
You know, like the Dane Swan career ender or the Elliott broken leg outta nowhere.
Let’s be honest, they have had an extremely charmed innocuous injury run.
That has absolutely nothing to do with “management and fitness”

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:20 am

Magpietothemax wrote:

Laughing Laughing Had to go and look up what "dialetical" meant MTTM!!

Also, you and I both questioned within seconds of each other why Bucks was so slow to react, or rather didn't react at all, when the Eagles clearly had a run on by mid-way through the second quarter.
The obvious one was to move Darcy back for a while to try to stem the flow. There must have been other moves he could've made. The play hardly moved into our forward half, so perhaps ask Checkers and/or McCreery to get up into the middle to help out??? Meanwhile, put Cameron back in the goal square in case it miracuously ended up in our forward half?

I wonder if Bucks panics and just crosses his fingers that a team with a run on will just get tired or something? Perhaps he was just too concerned about what had happened to JDG and couldn't think straight?
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:24 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
slangman wrote:
K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

100% agree.

Imagine Martin getting a broken nose and concussion within the first 10 minutes of last years GF??

There is zero chance that the Tigers would have won.

Missing the point. What we are debating here is why such devastating injuries rarely happen to Richmond.

I understand the point. I was just pointing out that even a game ending injury to a key player doesn’t happen to them.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:29 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Laughing Laughing Had to go and look up what "dialetical" meant MTTM!!

Also, you and I both questioned within seconds of each other why Bucks was so slow to react, or rather didn't react at all, when the Eagles clearly had a run on by mid-way through the second quarter.
The obvious one was to move Darcy back for a while to try to stem the flow. There must have been other moves he could've made. The play hardly moved into our forward half, so perhaps ask Checkers and/or McCreery to get up into the middle to help out??? Meanwhile, put Cameron back in the goal square in case it miracuously ended up in our forward half?

I wonder if Bucks panics and just crosses his fingers that a team with a run on will just get tired or something? Perhaps he was just too concerned about what had happened to JDG and couldn't think straight?

The fact that you ask these questions is in itself an answer.
If for whatever reason he is unable to respond, this is unacceptable for an AFL coach.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:35 am

As an aside to the Moore forward/back argument, how bad was Sier tonight?

His inability to influence a game is very worrying for a player that’s been
On the list for so long.

Between Mayne, C Brown, Thomas and Sier, we pretty much had no contribution.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:35 am

As an aside to the Moore forward/back argument, how bad was Sier tonight?

His inability to influence a game is very worrying for a player that’s been
On the list for so long.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:37 am

^ Yep, I just wish he'd TRY something. If it doesn't work, it can always be switched back again. Nothing to lose, when it's so obvious that there has been a huge momentum swing.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:41 am

slangman wrote:

Yep, it wouldn't be a surprise if they were all delisted at the end of the season should they fail to show a bit more on a consistent basis - just have to get through the season first. Crying or Very sad
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:51 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
slangman wrote:

Yep, it wouldn't be a surprise if they were all delisted at the end of the season should they fail to show a bit more on a consistent basis - just have to get through the season first. Crying or Very sad

I am still hoping...against reason...that Sier can respond to demands that he should extract the digit...he has the opportunity to show why he should stay on the list, given the absence of Tay and JDG (for a week or two at least).
C Brown is really struggling. I did not see anything promising from him tonight.
Mayne...again is just 50/50...does good stuff, but also bad stuff...and is now over 30... i think the conclusions are pretty obvious. Should make way for a younger player.
JT: I have loved JT for a long time. But I think he is very much a player whose ability to impact depends on the team's ability to impact as a whole. His output will be pretty much a small deviation from the overall team average, and nothing more. When our team no longer has midfield power, JT won't have significant impact.
Greenwood: like Mayne, a strong body to supply scaffolding for youth coming in, and no more. Maybe should rotate with Mayne in future team selections. They both should not play together, because we are then effectively one man down.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:58 am

Positives:

First qtr
Grundy first qtr actually doing what one expects of a Ruckman (then he went missing)
First qtr pressure
McCreery
McCrae
IQ
Last qtr
Noble
Pendles
JT first qtr

Negatives

Second and third qtr
Lack of pressure
Crisp turnovers
Daicos for a fair bit of the game (needs wing not 1/2 fwd)
Cameron
Grundy second and third qtr
Sidebottom
Injuries
Movement into the fwd line
Not covering Dom Sheed
Losing

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:09 am
Post subject: eaglesReply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Worst 32 possession game ever! Crisp butchered it in the main tonight...speaking of Mayne, what exactly do we get out of him that Murphy could not provide?

Yep I thought Crisp was awful.

Made some costly errors tonight.

I have been saying that all year. He wasn't much better last year. Don't know what has happened to him. Hw is a liability
in defence.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:24 am
Post subject: Re: eaglesReply with quote

orie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Worst 32 possession game ever! Crisp butchered it in the main tonight...speaking of Mayne, what exactly do we get out of him that Murphy could not provide?

Yep I thought Crisp was awful.

Made some costly errors tonight.

I have been saying that all year. He wasn't much better last year. Don't know what has happened to him. Hw is a liability
in defence.

Yeah, his disposal was terrible tonight.
Maybe should play midfield instead, with Murphy in defence.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:49 am

slangman wrote:
Injuries... Why does this happen most years?

Clearly it's our rock-hard training track that so many people were complaining about pre-2020. We should dig up the carpark under the ground and have a royal commission

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:20 am

David wrote:
Thomas and Brown both stood up and did well tonight... Putting Moore up forward was a shockingly bad decision

Que?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: