Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Players that shouldn't play another AFL game for Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:12 pm
Post subject: Players that shouldn't play another AFL game for CollingwoodReply with quote

Bucks seems to Pick Players Week In and Week Out that Offer Nothing but still keep there spots.

Rather give Kids to Games that have a Future.

The Players that should not play again are:

- Josh Thomas
- Callum Brown
- Jack Madgen

Players that be Borderline will be:

- WHE
- Chris Mayne
- Levi Greenwood

Last 2 where more because of Age as I doubt they play past this Season

Last edited by Dave The Man on Sat May 01, 2021 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WHE and JT shouldn't be played because of poor form
Mayne - should have found a way to be traded home last year
C. Brown - on thin ice and would take any trade if offered
Madgen - at 28 years old, but only played 28 games. Far from the worst, but FFS Collingwood, start focussing on kids who can play football and stop being so obsessed with players of other sports.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:33 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
the worst, but FFS Collingwood, start focussing on kids who can play football and stop being so obsessed with players of other sports.

That because we Traded our Top Draft Picks so we had to find other way to Find Talent

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:35 pm

Many would have had Josh Daicos on this list a couple years ago.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:45 pm

Let the new Coach decide who stays and who goes - the quicker we get one in the better...
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:58 pm

Presti35 wrote:

Kept him as he was a Good Ball User

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:42 pm

It’s funny at times as JT is clearly a whipping boy but when Josh Thomas goes into the centre he often seems to get the clearances.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:46 pm

Luke Godden. He shouldn't play another game for Collingwood.

Ditto Dick Lee.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 am

watt price tully wrote:
It’s funny at times as JT is clearly a whipping boy but when Josh Thomas goes into the centre he often seems to get the clearances.

Yes to both observations 😉
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:26 am

Presti35 wrote:

But Daicos showed plenty of glimpses of elite skill and decision making; just couldn’t find the pill enough. Now that his body has matured and his fitness is up, he can show his elite wares for longer.

The others show nothing but blue collar ‘goers’, and ain’t no premiership being won relying on effort alone. Class ALWAYS trumps ‘having a red hot go’.

Alex 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:51 am

When JT went into the center he had a positive impact, getting multiple clearances, Mayne and Hoskin-Elliott should never play a game for Collingwood again, unless super form in the VFL.

Same goes for C Brown really. Put him in the VFL for a month as an inside midfielder, see how he goes, and bring him back in if he is playing well. Bring in T Brown, Rantall and Henry this week for these 3.

Doesnt matter if we win or lose any games for the rest of the season now, we just want to see some development in these young kids.

I thought Macrae wasnt bad, but needs to be put on a wing for the rest of the year instead of at half forward. Keane took many good 1 on 1 marks, Poulter found the ball in his first game, and Murphy and McCreery look like keepers already.

Its time to let these older players go, and look to the future, so we can start getting back up the ladder in the next 2-3 years.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:08 am

Alex wrote:
When JT went into the center he had a positive impact, getting multiple clearances, Mayne and Hoskin-Elliott should never play a game for Collingwood again, unless super form in the VFL.

Same goes for C Brown really. Put him in the VFL for a month as an inside midfielder, see how he goes, and bring him back in if he is playing well. Bring in T Brown, Rantall and Henry this week for these 3.

Doesnt matter if we win or lose any games for the rest of the season now, we just want to see some development in these young kids.

I thought Macrae wasnt bad, but needs to be put on a wing for the rest of the year instead of at half forward. Keane took many good 1 on 1 marks, Poulter found the ball in his first game, and Murphy and McCreery look like keepers already.

Its time to let these older players go, and look to the future, so we can start getting back up the ladder in the next 2-3 years.

Yep. I would love WHE to be dropped and find his confidence, he’s way better than this. I’m done with JT, he’s too vanilla, he’s ok for depth that’s all. Mayne Thankyou, but it’s Father Time time. Against the grain I want to see Cox back, yesterday if he was there he would gave taken at least 1 defender, Cameron and Checkers only take 1 each, and DeGoey was pummelled out of it. He need to be protected to get the best from him. He didn’t get free to use hisrun. That’s on him too, but the simple fact is our forward line sux. While Howe is out Moore needs to play back, clearly some players need a backline General. Give IQ a bit longer, he might get there, but not yet. Others won’t.

Basically can someone with a better memory than me list which players are being played out of position?

Pendles and Sidey taking some hits here, but they have more than earned a rest further forward, but instead are having to dig too deep to cover our gaps everywhere else.i was pretty pissed at the Sidey digs yesterday, and I have been very critical of his shit last year. He’s busting his arse.

We have far too many doing hospital passes, backward kicks, players need to realise it’s their job to make sure the person they are passing to have a fair chance of getting the ball. Ie placement, accuracy, height. Do we have no skills? Since we seem to be lacking here, why do we pass off from a mark instead of stopping to take a kick? Passing off to a player already being run down, it’s do $$%^%%$ dumb.

I would love love love to see the team unleashed. We play scared to take on the game, to make a decision, someone like I couldn’t give a **** Swan or Shaw is need right now to lead the way. We finished 6th, we have crashed 11 spots, we have lost not one player that justifies that.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:21 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

But Daicos showed plenty of glimpses of elite skill and decision making; just couldn’t find the pill enough. Now that his body has matured and his fitness is up, he can show his elite wares for longer.

The others show nothing but blue collar ‘goers’, and ain’t no premiership being won relying on effort alone. Class ALWAYS trumps ‘having a red hot go’.

And funnily enough, he showed those glimpses out on the wing. Four or five pre seasons later, he now finds himself making an impact in the guts.
They never started his career in the middle for a good reason, because like a lot of young blokes ( ie Rantall ) he wasn’t ready for it.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:27 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Yes to both observations 😉

He did against Essendon as well

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:55 pm

While I find the thread title a little distasteful in itself, at least the theme is self explanatory.
I have a different take on the constant bagging of the same old soft targets.
Everyone knows they’re not overly gifted, everyone knows they are flawed footballers and everyone knows they will never be a part of any improvement to our list. Currently, our list is both poor and very young and until that changes, then those flawed footballers will continue to be selected, whether some like it or not.
But I also know everyone of those whipping boys ( Sier excepted ) is a hell of a lot more dedicated to their footy and is on a truckload less money than DeGoey.
I can’t believe the scrutiny he escapes on here. You only had to see the footage of a top less DeGoey handing the phone to Howe, to know how uninterested he is in getting the best out of himself.
There’s no point in having all that undeniable class and ability if you aren’t fit enough to get to any contests to show it.

And if anyone tells me he is our “ Dusty “, I will lose it.
DeGoey - something like a best finish of seventh in our B and F.
Martin - not enough room for the achievements he has under his belt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: