Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Speculation about future wins and losses

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Said by Zed wrote:
Seriously, with regard to win/loss only, where did you all think we’d be after 7 rounds? Considering our draw and personnel exits and other off season turmoil and other preseason disruptions, we were always only ever looking down the barrel of 2 and 5 or 3 and 4 at best. Do you think more-in-the-know people than us at the club didn’t prognose this? Believe me they’re not panicking yet as much as the rest of us....

Yes, ‘qld’ round 10 sounds about right but not for the reasons you suggest - it’s when we start getting into an easier part of our draw and our game plan solidifies and develops and we string a few wins together launching us again into a sustained finals tilt.

Check it out for yourself if you don’t believe me - the evidence doesn’t lie.

Yeh, thus far we have had a pretty tough first 5 games, now Wet Toast on their own pissing ground. Meanwhile, the Cats host lowly Norf at their little shithole, how handy that is for a 110 point win for them, on home soil, in front of adoring fans, right after a bad loss to the Deeeees. Very handy indeed, the fixture sure does us no favours. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:24 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
Seriously, with regard to win/loss only, where did you all think we’d be after 7 rounds? Considering our draw and personnel exits and other off season turmoil and other preseason disruptions, we were always only ever looking down the barrel of 2 and 5 or 3 and 4 at best. Do you think more-in-the-know people than us at the club didn’t prognose this? Believe me they’re not panicking yet as much as the rest of us....

Yes, ‘qld’ round 10 sounds about right but not for the reasons you suggest - it’s when we start getting into an easier part of our draw and our game plan solidifies and develops and we string a few wins together launching us again into a sustained finals tilt.

Check it out for yourself if you don’t believe me - the evidence doesn’t lie.

So what’s everyone thinking now? After an anticipated although tougher than expected win against the Suns this weekend we’ll be 2 and 5 after 7 rounds as prognosed. We’ll get some players back and the draw will ease up....our game plan will mature and we’ll string a few W’s together...we may just miss out on finals depending how things pan out but next year will be better....with or without Bux.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:11 pm

I haven't changed my assessment from page 1: 2 wins and 5 losses (and let's hope to God we do actually get there) is not a pass, and we're going to have to lift significantly to be in contention for anything other than a bottom four spot, because it's hard to see us being competitive against teams around the middle of the ladder at the moment, let alone serious finals contenders. Given we've lost against teams ranked 8th, 10th, 12th and 14th, I'm not exactly sure when this easy run is supposed to start, or which wins we should be pencilling in.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:22 pm

David wrote:
I haven't changed my assessment from page 1: 2 wins and 5 losses (and let's hope to God we do actually get there) is not a pass, and we're going to have to lift significantly to be in contention for anything other than a bottom four spot, because it's hard to see us being competitive against teams around the middle of the ladder at the moment, let alone serious finals contenders. Given we've lost against teams ranked 8th, 10th, 12th and 14th, I'm not exactly sure when this easy run is supposed to start, or which wins we should be pencilling in.

Context David, everything in context. You seem not to have understood to want to understand the circumstances and situation of our current predicament. Also, team rankings after 6 rounds mean diddly and squat...I’m pretty sure you know that.

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:58 pm

By the way David, just responding further to your obvious misunderstanding of my earlier post..I didn’t suggest it was an ‘easy draw’ as opposed to somewhat ‘easier’ over the next several rounds....don’t have to be Bob Rose to see that.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:51 pm

Seems like splitting hairs to me, tbh. Last three rounds we’ve played the teams currently ranked 12th, 10th, 14th and haven’t really looked like winning any of them. So unless we’re spending the bulk of the rest of the season playing the other three bottom four teams in rotation, I’m not sure what an even slightly comparatively easy run looks like.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:24 pm

David wrote:
Seems like splitting hairs to me, tbh. Last three rounds we’ve played the teams currently ranked 12th, 10th, 14th and haven’t really looked like winning any of them. So unless we’re spending the bulk of the rest of the season playing the other three bottom four teams in rotation, I’m not sure what an even slightly comparatively easy run looks like.

Totally respect and appreciate your view - been reading your posts for years. I also don’t think there’s right or wrong here just reality and rationalisation depending on perspective - that said would be happy to revisit after round 12 to reassess and prognose some more....

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:42 pm

At best I have us 4-9 at the bye. This Saturday and game against Crows not certainties though.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:24 am

Said by Zed wrote:
David wrote:

Totally respect and appreciate your view - been reading your posts for years. I also don’t think there’s right or wrong here just reality and rationalisation depending on perspective - that said would be happy to revisit after round 12 to reassess and prognose some more....

Thanks for saying so – I also acknowledge I have no crystal ball, and I would love for you to be right. So yes, I guess we'll just have to see what transpires over the next month or two, because I have to confess I'm just not feeling very glass-half-full about things right now.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:17 pm

After last season we off loaded a massive amount of experience and talent:

Varcoe
Reid
Dunn
Treloar
Phillips
Stephenson
Beams
Wills

Having done that, we drafted a bunch of kids. They already look promising, but will surely take (for most of them anyway) a couple of years to have a real impact.

So I'm one supporter who is not too fussed at our wins/losses this year, as long as I see the development of these new players.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
After last season we off loaded a massive amount of experience and talent:

Varcoe
Reid
Dunn
Treloar
Phillips
Stephenson
Beams
Wills

Having done that, we drafted a bunch of kids. They already look promising, but will surely take (for most of them anyway) a couple of years to have a real impact.

So I'm one supporter who is not too fussed at our wins/losses this year, as long as I see the development of these new players.

Agreed RB. I was just alluding to the facts and they were that we were always destined to be pushing sh!t uphill for the first several rounds considering all the goings on at the club. No other club has ever been through this much sustained disruption for such a prolonged period of time....not one...full stop! Ever! And still we’ll come through the other end and be competing for a flag...maybe not this year (this year looks pretty much rooted unless for a miracle) but sooner than some who have been ‘coming’ for 20 years!

Anyways, I’d much rather be a Pies supporter on their worst day than a Carlscum fan at their best...no doubt whatsoever.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:50 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
No other club has ever been through this much sustained disruption for such a prolonged period of time....not one...full stop! Ever

Essendon say helllo

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:57 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
No other club has ever been through this much sustained disruption for such a prolonged period of time....not one...full stop! Ever

Essendon say helllo

Really? Apart from that one thing (albeit catastrophic) nothing, nix, nil, zilch, zero compared to us. Let’s look at it more closely numerous player drugs issues resulting in suspensions (Murray, Thomas, Keefe say hello), gambling issues (Goldsack, Shaw, Stephenson say hello), coaching handover issues (Malthouse says hello), Bikie issues (Swan, Didak, Tarrant say hello), sexual assault issues (De Goey, Beams say hello), Racism issues (Lumumba, Davis say hello), Cap issues (Treloar, Philippe, Stephenson say hello), President forced to resign (Eddie says hello) can go on and on....

I repeat and reiterate no other team faces the same trials and tribulations year upon year season upon season as the Pies that’s a fact!

K 

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:04 am

David wrote:

It was right to worry about getting there... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: