Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2005 Draft - 2014 Draft - Next Draft

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:49 pm
Post subject: 2005 Draft - 2014 Draft - Next DraftReply with quote

2005, This was a significant draft year as we gained two high-end players who would have a major role in delivering Collingwood a premiership 5 years later. We all know what could have been but it is what it is.

17 years later, we will find ourselves in a similar position, as it looks like freefall is about to commence.

But can we secure Nick Daicos without using our 1st rd pick?

And if so who could be that other top-5 pick we bring along with Nick

Similar to 2014 which was also Significant ( JDG pick5, Moore pick9 )

In 2005 we gained Daisy via Priority Pick ( #2 ) and Pendlebury via pick ( #5 ) which was our original pick.

Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way I'm not taking the piss, I just can't see a way we do not end up finishing in the bottom 5
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:21 am

We currently don’t have a first round pick. Ironically, GWS have it.
We will secure Daicos comfortably but unless we trade out a couple quality players, we won’t be selecting a second draftee in the 2021 draft until about the fourth round.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:48 am

Pies2016 wrote:
We will secure Daicos comfortably but unless we trade out a couple quality players, we won’t be selecting a second draftee in the 2021 draft until about the fourth round.

How don’t we have a 1st round pick in 2021 ? I have missed something
I know we have some picks coming in and exchanges of picks from this years deals
Maybe old age has got me again
If we have traded it away I certainly hope the draft picks we haven’t seen yet are talented
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:53 am

We don’t have much to trade in real terms
Grundy ? How many clubs would take on his salary. Think we missed the boat on this one. He had more value before we decided to give him $7m now we would have to pay half likely and get back what 1x 1st round pick
Sidey ? Ageing past his best on decent coin wouldn’t fetch anything more than a 2nd round pick if we could find a suitor which we couldn’t last season
Elliott ? Injury prone but talented. Don’t know what his vs,us would be
JDG ? Jury is out whether his a mid or forward still. Would hold value at trade table but are we throwing baby out with bath water
Moore ? Huge value at trade table but OMG could you imagine the outrage
For mine he’s off limits to any one for any price
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:07 am

imo if we sell Moore we're selling our soul - he IS our most important commodity.

I'm sick of people thinking JDG is going to be some kind of midfield bull - he hasn't shown it once - I just don't think he has the tank nor the inclination and dedication to build one, and again I'll go back to what i've said before - match winners are hard to find (and yes we know he needs more consistency), when you do find one.. you leave them where they win you matches i.e he stays forward. And he also can't be traded.

Grundy although a great player, we can actually afford to lose him (although for the reasons said above, that is now impossible.. also there would be an uproar... we'd never hear the end of it).

Elliot is worth nothing, it's a pity cause he's a huge talent - we should nurse the hell out of him and hope if things turn over the next couple of years he can help win us 'KEY' games and pretty much mothball him otherwise.

Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:28 am

We dont have a 1st round pick???? WOW didn't know that

Here I am thinking a bottom 4 finish might not be such a bad thing.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:44 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

How don’t we have a 1st round pick in 2021 ? I have missed something
I know we have some picks coming in and exchanges of picks from this years deals
Maybe old age has got me again
If we have traded it away I certainly hope the draft picks we haven’t seen yet are talented

I’m afraid not., Qldpie.
Check your thread where I have explained in more detail where we currently sit and our limitations at the upcoming draft and trade period.
In short, we traded out our future first rounder to GWS in order to buy into the pointy end of the 2020 draft.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:45 am

D P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: