Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Giants. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t buy the tackles don’t matter. Melbourne laid 80 today. We had 15 players that laid 2 or less.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
I don’t buy the tackles don’t matter. Melbourne laid 80 today. We had 15 players that laid 2 or less.

Geelong laid 73 and lost by 4+ goals.
Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:07 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
he's got to go now... next week will be the death knell

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls.
It tolls for thee.

Enter TheSandman

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:08 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Yee. frickenhaaaaa

Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:25 pm

The problem with Bucks is not only cant he coach, but he is not able to identify problems.

In the presser He even admits it, We must assess all areas..

Malthouse came into the presser with all answers plus questions of his own!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:27 pm

Said by Zed wrote:

Could have got Finlayson for nothing NOTHING a few seasons ago - hasn’t he made us pay for that decision. How many countless others have we not considered CFC material.

Hell, knowing that hurts.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:34 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

My point exactly winning team had more tackles but marginally had more disposals. It’s a fundamental thing I try and educate coaching at junior level, 85% of the time you don’t have the ball in your hands but you can influence the game a lot by what you do when you don’t have the ball. Not just tackling that is one aspect it’s chasing, smother, forcing your opponent on to his wrong side, perceived pressure.

A lot of what I saw Collingwood do last night was the exact opposite, it’s almost like they couldn’t cover the ground. I still think we got back into the game in the 3rd when we started to kick the ball in by tackling a bit in F50.

Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:38 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

My point exactly winning team had more tackles but marginally had more disposals. It’s a fundamental thing I try and educate coaching at junior level, 85% of the time you don’t have the ball in your hands but you can influence the game a lot by what you do when you don’t have the ball. Not just tackling that is one aspect it’s chasing, smother, forcing your opponent on to his wrong side, perceived pressure.

A lot of what I saw Collingwood do last night was the exact opposite, it’s almost like they couldn’t cover the ground. I still think we got back into the game in the 3rd when we started to kick the ball in by tackling a bit in F50.

It's an extinct term around here these days

And Old-World word

One Percenter (1%)

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:39 pm

I didn’t see the game ,as I had to go to a friend’s birthday party last night.Lucky me!

It sounds like we had an absolute shocker though in a game we were expected to win.The only good thing that I can think to come out of this game is that it will hasten change at the club.If we finish bottom four as seems likely then hopefully a new broom will sweep through the club.Starting with the entire coaching staff and the recruiting staff as well.Don’t forget how bad our drafting and trading has been in the last size six or seven years,and Derek Hine is just as responsible for the poor list managment at the club as Buckley is,in my opinion,
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Rosolino_Leone wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

It's an extinct term around here these days

And Old-World word

One Percenter (1%)

I had to dust off the cobwebs from my footy dictionary to remind myself the meaning of one percenters! Those were the glory days when those stats counted.

@doriswilgus. It wasn’t a shocker, we just didn’t take our scoring opportunities. Sidebottom getting pinged for deliberate (debatable whether he kicked it through for a point deliberately, and if it was it looked like he was trying to poke it to a teammate ahead of him, not slam it 30m through the opposition’s goal posts). gifted GWS a goal when it was only 10 points and we were fighting back.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:57 pm

Johnno75 wrote:

FWD line pressure is everything.

Remember when we were the #1 team for that... God I wish those days were back!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:05 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

FWD line pressure is everything.

Remember when we were the #1 team for that... God I wish those days were back!

No it isn't. Goals are everything. Kick a goal, the ball goes back to the middle.

Forward pressure only works if you can kick goals.

All we do is have an excessive number of inside 50 entries for little reward.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:09 pm

And fwd line pressure leads to goals, so...
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:11 pm

Presti35 wrote:
And fwd line pressure leads to goals, so...

So does clean entries inside 50 and forwards who can mark the ball.

So why not fix these issues first rather than recruit people who can tackle.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:16 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Save for one scrappy, appalling semi-final in which we fell over the line, Collingwood has not beaten GWS since round 16, 2016. That was actually the last time I can recall Collingwood selecting a proper key forward. The result? Collingwood kicked 19 goals.

Remember - that was the game in which GWS kicked 7 goals in the first quarter. Watching this Collingwood team, now - bereft of Cloke as it is - who would seriously think we could respond to any opposition's 7-goal first quarter with a 9-goal second quarter?

Ah, yes, the good old days - when idiots on Nick's seriously debated the value of a CHF who could carry the Club to a win with an 18 kick (20 disposals), 12 mark (6 inside 50, 5 contested), 4 goal, 2 goal-assist, 6 inside 50 game.

Personally, I enjoy watching Cox get 5 kicks and 5 handballs and a couple of hit-outs, with a goal every so often. It's better for team balance.

Yeh, forward line woes, now really missing Elliott too. i reckon we should have made more of a play to get Ben Brown, whose now at Melb. Least hes a proven FF and can kick goals,not a bad mark, would have been worth a shot i reckon. Surprised

Quoting Shakespeare's Henry the fifth; My kingdom for a horse. With Collingwood it's my kingdom for a tall forward. It's not that they're not out there.

It won't change anything if we picked one up. Clown Coach will play them in the ruck and ruin them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20   

Jump to: