Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Giants. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
I bet we get every soft free imaginable. After last week.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Not blaming the umps, for the bad loss, but i heard we got a few dodgy frees against us as we mounted a comeback, momentum killers, is that true ? Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Save for one scrappy, appalling semi-final in which we fell over the line, Collingwood has not beaten GWS since round 16, 2016. That was actually the last time I can recall Collingwood selecting a proper key forward. The result? Collingwood kicked 19 goals.

Remember - that was the game in which GWS kicked 7 goals in the first quarter. Watching this Collingwood team, now - bereft of Cloke as it is - who would seriously think we could respond to any opposition's 7-goal first quarter with a 9-goal second quarter?

Ah, yes, the good old days - when idiots on Nick's seriously debated the value of a CHF who could carry the Club to a win with an 18 kick (20 disposals), 12 mark (6 inside 50, 5 contested), 4 goal, 2 goal-assist, 6 inside 50 game.

Personally, I enjoy watching Cox get 5 kicks and 5 handballs and a couple of hit-outs, with a goal every so often. It's better for team balance.

Yeh, forward line woes, now really missing Elliott too. i reckon we should have made more of a play to get Ben Brown, whose now at Melb. Least hes a proven FF and can kick goals,not a bad mark, would have been worth a shot i reckon. Surprised

Surely you remember why we couldnt make a play to get anyone with any known ability? Salary cap meant that there was absolutely no one we could target.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
We kicked 0.0.0 with 15:06 remaining in the final quarter.
Just reminding everyone.
Game on the line. Down just 10 points. ZERO!!!

Yeah, but how many F50 tackles did we have compared to GWS in that same period. Tackles inside F50 are the best measure of success.

We absolutely smashed them in the tackle stats, but the umps rarely rewarded the tackler.

Exactly. How tackles ever came to be a good stat is bewildering. If you are tackling, it means you don't have the goddamn ball - especially in the forward line. Forwards should be getting the ball, not chasing their f*#king opponent.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:57 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
I bet we get every soft free imaginable. After last week.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Not blaming the umps, for the bad loss, but i heard we got a few dodgy frees against us as we mounted a comeback, momentum killers, is that true ? Surprised

Nothing I can recall as being an OMG, that's disgraceful.

Some on here bleated about the deliberate from Sidey, but he was more than 9m away and deliberately kicked it through for a behind, so under the laws of the game, it was a correct call by the umpire.

We, as always, are our own worst enemy with poor disposal and poor skills and poor decision making.

We got too far behind, expended too much energy to try to bridge the gap, ran out of gas and were overrun in the last 15 minutes.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Save for one scrappy, appalling semi-final in which we fell over the line, Collingwood has not beaten GWS since round 16, 2016. That was actually the last time I can recall Collingwood selecting a proper key forward. The result? Collingwood kicked 19 goals.

Remember - that was the game in which GWS kicked 7 goals in the first quarter. Watching this Collingwood team, now - bereft of Cloke as it is - who would seriously think we could respond to any opposition's 7-goal first quarter with a 9-goal second quarter?

Ah, yes, the good old days - when idiots on Nick's seriously debated the value of a CHF who could carry the Club to a win with an 18 kick (20 disposals), 12 mark (6 inside 50, 5 contested), 4 goal, 2 goal-assist, 6 inside 50 game.

Personally, I enjoy watching Cox get 5 kicks and 5 handballs and a couple of hit-outs, with a goal every so often. It's better for team balance.

Yeh, forward line woes, now really missing Elliott too. i reckon we should have made more of a play to get Ben Brown, whose now at Melb. Least hes a proven FF and can kick goals,not a bad mark, would have been worth a shot i reckon. Surprised

Surely you remember why we couldnt make a play to get anyone with any known ability? Salary cap meant that there was absolutely no one we could target.

Yeh, but how come bloody Geelong can retain ALL their very highly paid stars, like Danger, Sellwood, Hawkins, etc, dont off load any of em, yet can still get Cameron and Higgins on high paid contracts ?? Dont those Cat bastards have a salary cap down at sleepy hollow, ?? or the Tigers, Eagles, for that matter. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
npalm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Yeh, but how come bloody Geelong can retain ALL their very highly paid stars, like Danger, Sellwood, Hawkins, etc, dont off load any of em, yet can still get Cameron and Higgins on high paid contracts ?? Dont those Cat bastards have a salary cap down at sleepy hollow, ?? or the Tigers, Eagles, for that matter. Confused

That's the million dollar question. While the cats would have saved some coin with the retirement of Ablett, it wouldn't have offset what they're paying Cameron & Higgins. Likewise Tigers & Eagles etc with better lists than ours are also able to keep within the salary cap. Collingwood stuffed up their TPP (and stuffed up the subsequent fire sale).
Hopefully Wright is the right man to bring some control to our list management and recruitment teams. It will be interesting to see if there is some staff turnover this year.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:42 pm

Geelong did lose Kelly. And they traded Lachie Fogarty who is now looking like a good pickup for the Blues. If Geelong dont win it all this year, they've stuffed up.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Geelong did lose Kelly. And they traded Lachie Fogarty who is now looking like a good pickup for the Blues. If Geelong dont win it all this year, they've stuffed up.

And FWIW, Scott will join Buckley as 10 years without a flag, if he doesn't go all the way this year.
Fino 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:46 pm

One of the more disgraceful coaching performance since the Buckley takeover. Putrid. A dark night for the Club and changes are coming.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:47 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Could have got Finlayson for nothing NOTHING a few seasons ago - hasn’t he made us pay for that decision. How many countless others have we not considered CFC material.

Now I love Grundy as much as anyone on here - but during contract negotiations with him the club should have set a limit and said “no more” otherwise have to come up with a suitable trade with Adelaide, who at the time would have given up their first rounder, Tex, Sloane, O’brien, and a new shiny set of steak knives. Considering everyone in the league has figured out Grundy’s one and only trick (including a 34 year old, semi-retired, galloping gasometer) who wouldn't take that deal now if it was on the table? Even Mr & Mrs Grundy would ponder on it for a while.....Gees how different would we look with a ‘normal’ ruck feeding our mids, including Sloane and a gun kid, kicking it to Tex at CHF? Don’t know about you lot but I’m drooling just thinking about what could have been......

If you don’t believe me check it out for yourself - the evidence doesn’t lie

Last edited by Said by Zed on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:48 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Quoting Shakespeare's Henry the fifth; My kingdom for a horse. With Collingwood it's my kingdom for a tall forward. It's not that they're not out there.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:51 pm

Fino wrote:
One of the more disgraceful coaching performance since the Buckley takeover. Putrid. A dark night for the Club and changes are coming.

Strangely, this loss seems even more defining than the loss to Geelong last year in the Preliminary. I guess because it comes after the Treloar disaster. There is no way that the team's relationship with Bux could not have been deeply scarred after they saw him treat Adz with such treachery and lies. This loss points to a deeply dispirited team with its confidence shattered.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:56 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

And FWIW, Scott will join Buckley as 10 years without a flag, if he doesn't go all the way this year.

1. He has coached a premiership
2. In 10 years...missed finals once, and that was ending up 10th.
3. Of all coaches with more than 100 games coached, he has the BEST win percentage and is the only one with a 70%+ win percentage.

That's pretty good.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:27 pm

There was some comments on McCreery on his first up in regards to tackles

I would like to see them. In fact the whole team but know not where to find

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:34 pm

BazBoy wrote:
There was some comments on McCreery on his first up in regards to tackles

I would like to see them. In fact the whole team but know not where to find

Watch the third quarter. His tackling was impressive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20   

Jump to: