Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Giants. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict Buckley to resign within 1 month!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:38 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
It’s no coincidence that as soon as Greenwood came on, he won centre clearances. He read the play, the taps, and positioned himself to win the ball and boot it forward. Maybe he didn’t have a hard tag riding his ass like Pendles and Adams did though?

Pure spin. Greenwood’s career was finished a year ago. Mayne similar. Collingwood’s future is with the kids. Pure and simple. Name me one game last year which we wouldn’t have won without Reid or Varcoe. Same this year. Mayne or Greenwood won’t change the result in any game they play so we need to make the call now.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Bucks interview after the game was a shocker, especially his body language.

Into his 10 year as coach, he has flagged for big changes with personnel, system, preparation etc... what a joke this has become. That's his role and obviously a huge failure on his behalf last 10 years. No game plan, no player development, just no idea.

You hear the guy and you think he has all the answers - he has no answer or answers, just spin and more bs spin. I'm not sure who he is kidding and the sooner we move him on the better for this club. Enough is enough.

The problem is not the players.....it's Bucks and his coaching ability and when he goes (must go), take your assistance coaches with you - just as poor. Let the new coach sort out the assistants and players.

If he wants to start with changes next week, DROP Cox, Callum B, WHE, Thomas for starters.

Enough of this crap. Seriously loosing to GWS with no players on our home ground and in the interview he can explain the loss. What B*llShite and absolute rubbish!!!

Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:59 pm

It was just inexcusable to lose at home to these guys when so many of their quality players were out. No matter the spin FIGJAM used. Time is up. He should fall in his sword. Time for a revamp. Coaches and players. We’ll be lucking to get out of the top 4 based on our form.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:48 pm

We kicked 0.0.0 with 15:06 remaining in the final quarter.
Just reminding everyone.
Game on the line. Down just 10 points. ZERO!!!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:54 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Just reminding everyone.

Yeah, but how many F50 tackles did we have compared to GWS in that same period. Tackles inside F50 are the best measure of success.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:56 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
It’s no coincidence that as soon as Greenwood came on, he won centre clearances. He read the play, the taps, and positioned himself to win the ball and boot it forward. Maybe he didn’t have a hard tag riding his ass like Pendles and Adams did though?

Pure spin. Greenwood’s career was finished a year ago. Mayne similar. Collingwood’s future is with the kids. Pure and simple. Name me one game last year which we wouldn’t have won without Reid or Varcoe. Same this year. Mayne or Greenwood won’t change the result in any game they play so we need to make the call now.

My point flew over your head. Greenwood, the minute he went to the middle, won clearances and we started scoring. Why could he read Grundy’s taps and win clearances when he’s apparently a complete dud, yet our superstar mids couldn’t?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:57 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Just reminding everyone.

Yeah, but how many F50 tackles did we have compared to GWS in that same period. Tackles inside F50 are the best measure of success.

We absolutely smashed them in the tackle stats, but the umps rarely rewarded the tackler.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:01 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
Been a long time guest on this forum but have never really felt motivated enough to post...until this season.

Along with most on here, I love the Collingwood FC more than could be considered normal or rational. I’m prepared each year to spend my hard earned to support her, travel long distances to see her, protect her from insurmountable forces, defend the indefensible, and forgive the unforgivable...... but what I’ve realised is she just doesn’t give a shit about me or love me anywhere near as much as I love her.

I’ve always been a cup half-full supporter but what’s been transpiring over the last several seasons at our great club, and I’m going to have to concede to the doom sayers probably going back to the ‘coaching handover’, is nothing short of chronic corporate mismanagement, self indulgence, and pure unadulterated sanitation and synthetisation of our once strong and proud brand and identity.

This is evidenced in many ways:

1. Our poor premiership strike rate for a so called ‘power house’
2. Inability to develop, sustain and maintain a dynasty football team
3. Lack of reality and tough calls regarding recruitment and coaching personnel. We lose effective coaches to other clubs and keep less effective coaches as if we owe them something i.e. Harvey. Great player, shit coach. Our midfield even when everyone was saying was a Rolls Royce mostly played like a Vauxhall. We should have been blowing teams apart but obvious deficiencies in tactics and coaching prevented this. Sanderson. Honestly do not know what he was ever door for other than to provide support to Bucks.
4. Inability to prevent constant and chronic yearly season defining and affecting scandal and issue - don’t have to list them, we all know them all too well.
5. Inability to manage salary cap effectively (legally or otherwise) to ensure we can access best available talent when neeeded ala Geelong, Richmond, Hawthorn. How come their salary caps are never questioned or troubled....because they have appropriate imaginative management.

Never thought I’d be one of those....but the winds of change must surely be blowing through CFC soon.

So very well stated. I especially identify with the second paragraph.

I think/ am hoping that last night's debacle will be a watershed moment and prompt change in EVERY department at Collingwood - players, coaches, administration. Change in attitude, personnel, work rate, proficiency, ability. It has to happen, regardless of any stirring, against the odd wins that may pop up in the interim. Such wins would be just a false dawn.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

My point flew over your head. Greenwood, the minute he went to the middle, won clearances and we started scoring. Why could he read Grundy’s taps and win clearances when he’s apparently a complete dud, yet our superstar mids couldn’t?

No, my point flew over your head. Greenwood shouldn't be out there. He's systematic of what's wrong with the team. I never said he is a dud. He's lost the ability to turn games which comes when you lose pace at AFL level. A few kicks and handballs doesn't change anything. Mayne is the same. At some point the game moves past you. It hasn't happened yet to Pendles or Sidey but their time will come as well.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:11 pm

1970 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
1970 wrote:
What a sad pitiful spectacle Collingwood has become.

The blind faith of so many of you in McGuire, Buckley et al means you are now left with a soulless corporate brand devoid of meaning.

It stands for nothing.

The Club will struggle to survive this. It is going to get much, much worse.

It is a vanity project for one man who is completely deluded.

Clarkson won't go near the joint. It's rubbish and he knows it.

I note you have , for years, never ever post when we win a game, you just only post when we lose, too gloat over losses, and the club being in the mire. Its all doom and gloom for you, and you always thrive on it. I can never recall you posting after a good win, never ever. Just saying. Surprised

Not much past gets past you. I closed 'Collingwood ruined my Life' each and every time by saying 'Collingwood is tragedy'. It used to be successful but now it is the epitome of abject failure. Time and again. Collingwood supporters who are self aware know this. It is a niche market.

That was 10 years ago. This is simply the end of yet another tragic era. There are more to come. A win is simply a momentary reprieve. Who cares.

However, the problem now is that The Club is just an empty vessel. No proper home. A board that is unelected. No social club. Just empty slogans and people who chatter online.

It stands for nothing. Nothing. That is the real tragedy.

I recall the 64, 66, 70, Gfs, u were not even born then, so i dont need lectures on club loyalty, ive seen us lose 11 GFs, for two GF wins, yet not ONCE have i ever thought that Collingwood has ruined my life, far from it. Ive stuck fat, thick and thin, ive never ever regretted following them, but you seem to have huge regrets barracking for them,, and i did read ur bit in the book, SEE THE BARRACKERS SHOUTING, and to me it was just pathetic arrant nonsense, not funny at all. I will leave this Earth a one eyed Magpie, and ive never regretted following them, we at least make the Finals far more than most teams. My mate is a Saints man, seen one flag in 165 yrs, by one point, another mate is a Deees fan, last flag was when the Beatles toured Australia. The Club does not stand for nothing, but for a blind umpire we would have won the 2018 flag, a sliding doors moment. IF u truly think the Club has ruined your life, for real, and it now stands for nothing, and can never recover post Eddie and Bucks, then i suggest you follow soccer or USA basketball. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:20 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Save for one scrappy, appalling semi-final in which we fell over the line, Collingwood has not beaten GWS since round 16, 2016. That was actually the last time I can recall Collingwood selecting a proper key forward. The result? Collingwood kicked 19 goals.

Remember - that was the game in which GWS kicked 7 goals in the first quarter. Watching this Collingwood team, now - bereft of Cloke as it is - who would seriously think we could respond to any opposition's 7-goal first quarter with a 9-goal second quarter?

Ah, yes, the good old days - when idiots on Nick's seriously debated the value of a CHF who could carry the Club to a win with an 18 kick (20 disposals), 12 mark (6 inside 50, 5 contested), 4 goal, 2 goal-assist, 6 inside 50 game.

Personally, I enjoy watching Cox get 5 kicks and 5 handballs and a couple of hit-outs, with a goal every so often. It's better for team balance.

Yeh, forward line woes, now really missing Elliott too. i reckon we should have made more of a play to get Ben Brown, whose now at Melb. Least hes a proven FF and can kick goals,not a bad mark, would have been worth a shot i reckon. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:34 pm

Presti35 wrote:
God help us if we drop this one.

We wont, Pies by 40+

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:35 pm

Presti35 wrote:
I bet we get every soft free imaginable. After last week.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Loved the interview with Madge on the CGC website. Superb attitude. Would help I reckon
if some of the more highly paid players approached the game in the same way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20   

Jump to: