Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coaching Future

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucks needs to forget wins and redefine this team to show what it can be.

If he finishes 6th-10th playing the same old team, he is gone.

If he finishes 11th-16th with kids developing and exciting kid based wins in the back half of the season, he may get another year.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:59 am

nah, premiership is literally the only thing that can save him. I reckon he already has his papers ready for interviews.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:09 am

think positive wrote:
nah, premiership is literally the only thing that can save him. I reckon he already has his papers ready for interviews.

If this is actually it for him, I'd suspect he'll have a break and than pop up again in the media. As for him being directly involved in another club in some capacity, maybe but it won't be straight after he finishes here.

But regardless, short of a flag.. he's got to go.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:23 am

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I guess I'm one of the few remaining Bucks supporters.

I’m a Buck’s supporter too RB. Happy to take the flack and be flamed. I do not believe that any other coach would have achieved ultimate success given the injury list Buckley had. No way bloody known. Nicksters who believe otherwise are on a silly planet.

Problem, Lazza, is that the Senior Coach gets a big say in the appointment of his support staff, including Strength and Conditioning personnel. We never had these injury issues under Malthouse - at least not to the same extent.
It is well known that Buckley is super high-performance minded and perhaps this has translated into his charges being pushed too far? In any case, multiple seasons of unusual injuries is not a mere coincidence and must be attributed to methods and procedures. Buckley is not exempt from criticism when it comes to our injury list and management.

Swanny2011 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:02 am

I am in the Leigh Matthews train of thought in that you shouldn't judge a coach by how many premierships they win. They should be judged on how many top 4 finishes they achieve. But no matter how you look at Buck's tenure as coach I can't see how you could mount an argument that he should continue at Collingwood.

I think the board will (and should) offer the world to Clarko. He is one of the very few coaches that coaches with some imagination with players ie. playing McEvoy CHB, Roughead as a midfielder, Mitchell off the half back flank. Then his game plans change depending on the game trends and most of the time he is ahead of the curve.
He is the longest serving coach in the AFL at the present time and his time at Hawthorn has to finish at some point! So pull your finger out Collingwood and make it happen!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:58 pm

Big T wrote:
Bucks needs to forget wins and redefine this team to show what it can be.

If he finishes 6th-10th playing the same old team, he is gone.

If he finishes 11th-16th with kids developing and exciting kid based wins in the back half of the season, he may get another year.

Yep, a season finish low on the ladder might be tolerated if it was full of promise for the future. A season of stagnation could not be accepted.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:27 pm

There is no reason for Bucks not to drop underperforming players and try a couple of kids. Not saying he drops 5 or 6 in 1 game as still early in the season but we must make a statement with some players to say you need to perform to stay in this team. Great to see McCreery get a game probably at the expense of C Brown. The other that needs to be dropped is WHE. He is clearly lacking any reasonable output to the naked eye but stats also back in up. In 2018 he had 10+ kicks or multiple goals in 18 games, 11 in 2019. Since the start of 2020 he has played 21 of a possible 22 games yet only 5 times we had had 10 kicks or multiple goals in a game.

Also 148 tackles across his first 67 games (2017-2019). Just 25 in his last 21.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:41 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Well it'd be a pretty long list, unlike the list of duds and overrated hacks which is much shorter:

Buckley- Would anyone else have been given 10 years with such a poor record?
Grundy- Only Adelaide would pay that sort of money because they're desperate and we've screwed our cap for 7 years for a bloke who can't even win us games against teams second and third string ruckmen or 2nd and 3rd game ruckmen!!!
Sidebottom- Overrated and seemingly immune from criticism for his very minimal output
C.Brown, D.Cameron- Just outright hacks

What if someone said Travis Cloke was overrated and couldn't win us games of footy?

What if someone said Cam and Jason Cloke were just an outright hacks?

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:46 pm

think positive wrote:

Even a 3-peat couldn't save him from some people.

For some, it's personal. For some, its they just plain dont like him. For some, they just want to win and win now.

Is ten years too long for any one coach, flags or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: