Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coaching Future

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:39 pm
Post subject: Coaching FutureReply with quote

Who ever the next coach is, when ever that may be, becomes a Collingwood person once the job starts. That's important to remember. Their playing history and previous coaching history doesn't suddenly mean nothing, but from the second that person is in the job, they become a Collingwood identity.

I think it's also important to think that we don't need to look within our own walls to find the next coach, whenever that may be.

I liked a comment left by a poster who has long supported a coaching change that Buckley has given it his best. He really has. And I'm still hopeful that we can turn this season around and make a finals run, but even if we do, that might not be enough for some to change their mind on the coach. I do feel like the time for change is getting closer, but I hope the club can part ways without too much embarrassment.

I just hope that people want a change for the right reason. Not because they just dont like Bucks or that he dropped or delisted your favourite player at some point. If its the right thing to do for the club, then we do it. But I also feel like finding the right person is going to be a very difficult task. It's almost like finding that damn FF we've been asking for.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because - how could anyone replace 'Nathan Buckley' our hero and savior - imo no matter who's installed as our next club coach, it's odds on that they'll be a riot (maybe barring Clarkson..).
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:14 pm

Not sure how much attention anyone has paid to the AFLW side, but Steve Symonds has done an amazing job turning that side into 1 of the most skilled and disciplined team in the competition.

There’s something Fagan-ish about him.

By the way what’s Dale Tapping up to these days?
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:29 pm

Rick wrote:
Not sure how much attention anyone has paid to the AFLW side, but Steve Symonds has done an amazing job turning that side into 1 of the most skilled and disciplined team in the competition.

Symonds has done a great job with the girls but it’s a big jump to the main show. Would like to see him as an assistant to a senior coach first.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:01 pm

LUKE HODGE. Nothing less. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:59 pm

How do u gauge a coaches performance?

wins and loses alone?
you cant ask the players if a coach is good or not, some will say hes "a hard ass task master" and some will say hes "professional and dedicated"

Can you even get a good strategic coach that's a people person and media savvy?

I personally think the Coach has FAR too much to do these days, and its gotten worse since the reduce headcount for coaching staff these days. As we found out in 2018/2019 bucks stepped back and delegated to his assistance more and we almost won the cup!

Some of the best strategic coaches in the game have poor people skills and thus get looked over.

Mark Neeld etc.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:05 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
LUKE HODGE. Nothing less. !

James Hird, Michael Voss and Nathan say “Hi there”!

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:11 pm

Pyke. Stuffed up with the camp in Adelaide but they played a great brand of footy. Look at Sydney now! Forward line is flying! Why would Clarkson come? Hawks are 2 years closer to a flag than we are because they’ve started their rebuild now and we’ve been too pig headed to see the need!
think better 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:16 am

I've long thought that Nathan Bassett is one to look at. By all accounts he's a strange cat but gets the best out of people
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:01 am

Rick wrote:

Dale Tapping is an assistant at Brisbane. I saw him on Thursday night and thought what a loss he was when he left. But then again, there has been a procession of talent Collingwood has allowed to depart all the while sticking to mediocre 'talent'.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:07 am

Haff wrote:
Pyke. Stuffed up with the camp in Adelaide but they played a great brand of footy. Look at Sydney now! Forward line is flying! Why would Clarkson come? Hawks are 2 years closer to a flag than we are because they’ve started their rebuild now and we’ve been too pig headed to see the need!

Lay off the wacky weed, Haff. I don’t think the club needs a special camp like the one Adelaide had!

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:32 am

I remain in Bucks camp. Having lost 3 of our best 22 players, this year should be a re-build one, with us missing finals, yet I believe Bucks has us playing well enough to make the 8. We easily beat Carlton, who were picked as big improvers, and we lost by a lousy point to one of the very top sides in Brissy.
I was devastated after our round one performance, but since then we have rebounded well and if we can win the next couple, we should be back in the 8.

Having said that, if Graham Wright, our head of footy, believes that Bucks has run his race, then I hope he leaves on great terms. Like him or loathe him, no-one can dispute that Bucks has given his all for Collingwood, as a player, captain and coach.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:59 am

I'll rewrite this for you...

'I remain completely transfixed with Nathan Buckley. Having ejected 3 of our top 22 players into outer space because we'd been fudging the books for years we've realised our list is very shallow indeed - so we need to rebuild (but for god's sake don't actually say that word... you know.. the 'rebuild' one.. cause its like our 3rd since Nathans been here... mums the word). Btw you know how I was mentioning the word that won't be said anymore... it means we won't be playing finals anytime soon, sure if we could play our best 22 all year we might slip in but we all know that's a fairy tale - so finals are off indefinitely until further notice. Our results this year are all over the place, so far we've been cold, than hot and then back to lukewarm to - lol you'd think Nathan had no idea what he was doing, but its just for show.. if we don't know what we're doing how the hell is another club going to!!!

I've convinced myself we're a top 8 side this year and with a little wishful thinking we should be back in the 8 (soon I promise) and singing that cakewalk song come years end!!!

Graham Wright is a bit of a worry, he's actually a professional (something we haven't had at this club for a very long time) so Buck's race might be run... but regardless I hope if he is eventually exited we have a big thank you for all your hard works Nathan Party and give him hero's goodbye and a golden handshake (oh yeah he's had 10 years of golden handshakes already... shh mums the word).

Hero worship him or not (how could you not and be a pies supporter... like how you lesser person you???) no one can deny he is the one true messiah...

Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:16 pm

Some insight into Collingwood from Ross the Boss

Rd 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1u84-JkRXA

Rd 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERrDv_LQk34

Give him a team that claims the MCG as their home

I am confident in this man

Eddie claims Ross Lyon saved St.Kilda from extinction : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqgTOyNEvSQ

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:01 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
That's because - how could anyone replace 'Nathan Buckley' our hero and savior - imo no matter who's installed as our next club coach, it's odds on that they'll be a riot (maybe barring Clarkson..).

People will Celebrate when Bucks is Gone Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: