Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
In 45 years of being a Pies supporter one thing rings true:

If we change
Coaches
It will only change
The name
That the people who
Constantly complain
Complain about.

Don't @ me. I just want to win, too.

After winning the flag in 1990, there were ppl that wanted Matthews gone by '94. And in '95 he was gone. And what a fkn mistake that turned out to be.

By about four rounds into Tony Shaws career, there were ppl that wanted him gone. We held on for 4 seasons, which were probably the darkest times in the clubs history and we'd won our second ever wooden spoon. He wasnt sacked, but didnt re-sign.

MM came in and turned the whole thing around. But again, there were ppl that wanted him gone. Particularly around 2005 and the seasons after. We of course won it in 2010 and we'd decided to do this whole hand over thing, which was a bad call.

From day one, theres been ppl out for Buckley. He almost got redemption in 2018 and the ppl were very quiet. But after a disappointing 2020, the call for his job has risen again.

This is only my opinion, but we should never have sacked Matthews. Had Milllane lived, we could have gone much further in '92 and '94. We could have avoided the bottom 4 finishes in the late 90's and who knows what could have happened after that. (Different ladder position/draft picks, Lions without Matthews, MM at a different club???). We should have never given Shaw the job. MM was unlucky not to win a flag early, particularly in '02. And the way we ended his time at the club will not be looked back on as a nice transaction.

And that leads us to Bucks. Where do you start? He's been doomed from the start, with such an awkward handover. The question is, whats the quickest way to a flag; sacking Bucks and starting again, or persisting with Bucks until who knows when? If we are to replace him, we need to find someone that can take us all the way, not Lyon, not Scott, not someone that is just someone other than Bucks. Whoever it is, I have no doubt ppl will be calling for their sacking within 3 seasons.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:20 pm

FWIW, I love this reply;

Lazza wrote:
I know this will surprise the Buckley haters here but there is still a long way to go this season. All teams will go through slumps during it.
I think Collingwood can make finals. If they don’t I’ll concede that it’s time for a coaching change. Until then, I will loyally support the coach. I know that this is a minority view but I’m happy to stick to it while respecting other views.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:26 pm

....Also, Pies by 40+ points. GWS in a world of pain and will struggle to field a decent team.

We're at the 'G and we'll be hurting after that final goal to the Lions.

I fully expect our players to respond BIG this week. Will be very disappointed if they dont.

Will be very interested to see the final team when it's named. Expecting a few smarter decisions to be made there too. Cannot reward players for 1 decent game and 2 poor games.

Here's the VFL practice game report: https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/896411/vfl-practice-match-key-takeaways

Quote:
Goals: Cameron 2, Ruscoe 2, Wellings, Lynch, Henry, Mccreery, Kelly

Best: Cameron, Macrae, Greenwood, Poulter, Wilson, Lynch

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:50 am

ANNODAM wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Youse are revelling in the Tigers loss, how pathetic when they have won, what 3 flags in the last few years?

I suppose it’s better than revelling in Collingwood’s loss,which is what youse do.

AND laughing at us when we lose , too, thats way, way outa line, for a so called "fan ". ! Confused Mad

If I wanna laugh, I will laugh, what are you gonna do about it?

ONLY proves you dont give a shit bout the Club, u make a mockery of, so piss off and barrack for Carlton you troll. Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:01 am

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hopefully our players are bloody furious with themselves, spewing after losing a match they led for 98%of the game. I reckon we willl be in a filthy mood, and should beat these Orange clowns by bout 33 points. On another issue, i was rapt to see cocky Tigers get belted by young Swans, made me feel a lot better after our loss, much better.!

Do these young players ever get angry and play for the jumper anymore? After every game this year you see all the players hugging their opponents and joking. Mate it's all about money and having fun these days. No one plays for a club anymore. Only the fans remain loyal. The players are all mercenary, and our club shows no loyalty to its players either.

Mate, that applies to ALL the Clubs now, post game you see all players, both teams, no matter how much the win / loss is, shaking hands, hugs, slaps, high fives whatever, Cripps did it to our guys, and Blues fans went ballistic on their site. Its not just the Magpies. ALL Clubs are more or less mercenary now , cos all players are professionals, highly paid. very much so. Back in the day, players worked, had normal jobs, trained 2 nights a week, but held down jobs, were paid a good payment, but nothing like now. Peter McKenna always said he played in the wrong era, he was a school teacher, imagine how much a 145 per year goal kickeer like him, his tally one season, would get now, its mind boggling. They all played for peanuts when i was young, all players, all teams, peanuts, but now its fully professional, huge money, and loyalty has gone a fair bit, sadly. I think its still there a bit, but players dont hurt as much as fans do,when the team loses. Confused Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:14 am

I honestly don't give a damn about 'wanting' people gone, it's utterly irrelevant, to me it's all about us being competitive, winning games and being a genuine premiership threat - or at least building towards that. AFL is too professional and competitive to afford wishful thinking and being romantic - Buckley's had a very good go at it... it's time to move on and find someone who will give the club and its supporters the results they desire.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:18 am

Unfortunately, McCreery was not named as one of the best in the VFL Practice game. Instead, instead, there is a rather strange reference to McCreery in the match analysis:"Despite not having the greatest impact on this game, it is the intangibles that make Beau McCreery to valuable to the Pies. His speed and ability to apply pressure are at an elite level".
It seems to me that we have decided to select McCreery next week, regardless of the fact that he did not have much of an impact in the VFL Practice game. Cameron kicked 2 goals and was named first of our best players. If Checkers is injured then Cameron will definitely be selected.
No mention was made at all of Nathan Murphy in the match analysis. Not sure if he played (?). If so, he must have been very quiet.

Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:29 am

Nobody talking up Macrae?

Pick 19

Dont sleep on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP3zeWpWPZI

I'm just thinking 'Pure-Footballer'

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:42 am

Davis, Coniglio and De Boer look to be outs for the Giants; I was at the game last night and they looked lost without them, Toby Green kept em in the game singlehandedly...really shouldn't drop this game

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
think better 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:32 am

Rosolino_Leone wrote:
Nobody talking up Macrae?

Pick 19

Dont sleep on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP3zeWpWPZI

I'm just thinking 'Pure-Footballer'

Watching this he reminds me of Mick McGuane - especially his slightly bent over running and baulking

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:03 am

Thanks RL. just watched Finlay McCrae's highlights...fantastic. Exactly the kind of line breaking leg speed we could use right now. Fantastic ball handling skills in a pack as well. He is a really exciting prospect.
He was listed among the best against Richmond in the practice game. However, no mention in the "key takeaways" about his play. Perhaps they want him to get more VFL time before he makes his debut ?

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:13 am

I think this game will be a lot lot tougher than most expect.

So much focus on who’s out for GWS but at 0 - 3 and with players coming in with something to prove it could be an ambush of sorts. Personally I’d much rather be going into this game with all the expected ‘outs’ playing - at least you know what you’re up against and can plan effectively. The ‘replacements’ will give everything and will be trying to cement a future - similarly the wounded animal is always the most dangerous.

That said, Pies to win going away in the last 5 mins after an arm wrestle most of the night - Sidey to kick 5!

Check it out for yourself if you don’t believe me - the evidence doesn’t lie.

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:14 am

I think this game will be a lot lot tougher than most expect.

So much focus on who’s out for GWS but at 0 - 3 and with players coming in with something to prove it could be an ambush of sorts. Personally I’d much rather be going into this game with all the expected ‘outs’ playing - at least you know what you’re up against and can plan effectively. The ‘replacements’ will give everything and will be trying to cement a future - similarly the wounded animal is always the most dangerous.

That said, Pies to win going away in the last 5 mins after an arm wrestle most of the night - Sidey to kick 5!

Check it out for yourself if you don’t believe me - the evidence doesn’t lie.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:23 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Thanks RL. just watched Finlay McCrae's highlights...fantastic. Exactly the kind of line breaking leg speed we could use right now. Fantastic ball handling skills in a pack as well. He is a really exciting prospect.
He was listed among the best against Richmond in the practice game. However, no mention in the "key takeaways" about his play. Perhaps they want him to get more VFL time before he makes his debut ?

MacRae is just another one who comes from the best junior development program in the country. The Chargers recent success with developing juniors has been phenomenal.
Rowell and Anderson at #1 and # 2 ( and Bianco in the same draft )
Then Ugle - Hagen #1 Phillips at #3, Stone #15, MacRae and McInnes in the 2020 group.
It helps being in a zone surrounded by private schools but both the Chargers and Dragons do it better than anyone in the country.
Collingwood have done well to have the Chargers as their feeder club for all their father / son and academy projects ( Moore, Quaynor Kelly etc )
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:39 am

if we dont win this match then we wont get a better chance to beat these guys. They are nearly playing their reserve side.,
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15   

Jump to: