Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNODAM wrote:
Youse are revelling in the Tigers loss, how pathetic when they have won, what 3 flags in the last few years?

I suppose it’s better than revelling in Collingwood’s loss,which is what youse do.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:13 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
^ ^ I understand and agree to the principal of everyone has to start somewhere, but as I said above, after a ten year project on a novice coach do you think we will in our right mind go to the well a 2nd time??! Somehow I suspect not but it may happen... it would be very risky imo.

I only put forward Lyon and Scott because they literally are the only available experienced coaches... not because I think either of them are the specific 'answer' to our problems - but either will 100% put us on the right course.

If you have other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. The thing is we are rapidly drawing to this chapters close, and key 'calculated' decision will have to be made. I have low initial expectations, as I've said in other posts our list is thin, but we do have some key working parts - with the right type of leadership, drafting and recruitment - I can see us being a contender again.

IF Bucks walks at seasons end, i dont want either LYon or Scott, been there, done that. I want Luke Hodge, a winner, brought up under the maestro Clarkson, knows what it takes, seems pretty ruthless, has vast playing experience. Hed be my first choice. Idea

Sigh if you want Luke than you better get a donation can and start collecting because it's going to cost the club a fortune to make it worth his while (and not a small one, a very BIG one).. but again why would he coach when he's got it so good in the media? for literally zero the stress? I just can't see it happening.

It's not about which coach either you or I 'want' it's about who's the best 'available' person for the job. Think of it another way, when you were a baby and zero choice about what your parents fed you... did you eat or did you not eat?

You'll take what you're given. It's just the way it is.

Disagree, Hodge will be up for the challenge, hed relish it,hes to young to be stuck in the media forever, and according to Eddie, the Magpies have $25 million in our Bank account, so we aint short of coin for him, most Coaches are paid a bomb anyway, i bet Dimma is on a Kings ransom, most of em are, these days. You want the best available, u ante up and pay it. Confused Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:15 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Youse are revelling in the Tigers loss, how pathetic when they have won, what 3 flags in the last few years?

I suppose it’s better than revelling in Collingwood’s loss,which is what youse do.

AND laughing at us when we lose , too, thats way, way outa line, for a so called "fan ". ! Confused Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:16 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

...after the inevitable change of coaching regime at the end of this year, our new coaches will have alot of excellent raw material to work with. Who knows what is possible from there?

When I was just a little boy,
I asked my coach what'll Collingwood be?
Will they be in the Eight, will they be Premiers?
Here is what he said to me...
Que sera, sera, Whatever be will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be will be...

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:31 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

AND laughing at us when we lose , too, thats way, way outa line, for a so called "fan ". ! Confused Mad

Right on,Piesnchess. Smile
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:13 pm

If I wanna laugh, I will laugh, what are you gonna do about it?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:27 pm

Expecting Mumford to make his usual “for one night only” appearance to give Grundy another bath.
If English is Grundy’s bunny, it’s fair to say that Grundy struggles massively with the physically aggressive Mumford.

It’s time that he turns the tables.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:40 pm

Oh dear, Giants have lost Coniglio and Davis before half time.
And now add DeBoer with a hamstring.
We’re a chance !
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:40 pm

After seeing the Giants tonight and all the injuries they have, they have no chance of making the eight. And I suspect they also have no chance of beating us next week. Trust us then to stuff this one up.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:43 pm

slangman wrote:
Expecting Mumford to make his usual “for one night only” appearance to give Grundy another bath.
If English is Grundy’s bunny, it’s fair to say that Grundy struggles massively with the physically aggressive Mumford.

Last time (in a 3/4 length game) - Grundy 47 hitouts, 17 disposals (Collingwood's 4th highest) - Mumford 17 hitouts and 9 disposals, (5 clangers and 4 frees against). Collingwood had 48 inside 50s and GWS 37. GWS won by 2 points because they kicked 6.2 to Collingwood's 5.6 in the second half (scores were tied at halftime). Some bath Mumford gave Grundy.

I imagine you really meant the 2019 PF, in which Mumford gave Grundy a bath to the tune of 14 hitouts and 8 disposals (and 7 clangers from his 8 disposals, along with 6 frees against) to 73 and 25 disposals (the only Collingwood mid in the top 3 for us - the other 2 were Crisp and Howe).

We lost both those games because our ground level players lacked skill. In that preliminary final, Brown and Thomas both had more kicks than Treloar. Mihocek's 2, Reid's 3, Wills' 3, Mayne's 4 and Aish's 5 kicks had nothing to with us losing that game by 4 points.

So, in the last 2 outings, Mumford has been thrashed 120 hitouts to 28, 42 disposals to 17 and Grundy 9 frees for and 1 against to Mumford 2 frees for (only one of those against Grundy) and 10 against.

We'll be a bit better next week - Collingwood has moved on Treloar and Phillips, who repeatedly demonstrated that they were useless against talented opposition, and Cameron has gone to Geelong (his 4 goal per game average against Collingwood is the difference, alone, between us winning and losing the last two games we've played against them).

I bet if we turned up next week and Grundy lost the hitouts 73 to 14 and the disposal 25 to 9, no-one on here would be saying rucks are irrelevant.

Anyway, carry on.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:44 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Hopefully our players are bloody furious with themselves, spewing after losing a match they led for 98%of the game. I reckon we willl be in a filthy mood, and should beat these Orange clowns by bout 33 points. On another issue, i was rapt to see cocky Tigers get belted by young Swans, made me feel a lot better after our loss, much better.!

Do these young players ever get angry and play for the jumper anymore? After every game this year you see all the players hugging their opponents and joking. Mate it's all about money and having fun these days. No one plays for a club anymore. Only the fans remain loyal. The players are all mercenary, and our club shows no loyalty to its players either.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:47 pm

slangman wrote:

Mumford's retired!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:01 pm

In 45 years of being a Pies supporter one thing rings true:

If we change
Coaches
It will only change
The name
That the people who
Constantly complain
Complain about.

Don't @ me. I just want to win, too.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:09 pm

shawthing wrote:
slangman wrote:

Mumford's retired!

At least twice - but he's on their playing list on their web-site, for whatever that may be worth.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:00 pm

Giants have a number of key players out.

Cogs and Davis likely to miss Saturday night now.

No excuses for Pies.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15   

Jump to: