Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d be happy enough to see Collingwood lose to the Swans by 7 goals in round 3 if they’d won 3 of the last 4 premierships. That’s because I’d be expecting my team to turn up at the end of the season and be very close, anyway.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:14 pm

Another loss this week to put another nail in Buckley's coffin.
This team are mentally soft and simply no good.
Plenty more misery to come.
Buckley will hang on like grim death.
He is completely deluded.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:32 pm

I know this will surprise the Buckley haters here but there is still a long way to go this season. All teams will go through slumps during it.
I think Collingwood can make finals. If they don’t I’ll concede that it’s time for a coaching change. Until then, I will loyally support the coach. I know that this is a minority view but I’m happy to stick to it while respecting other views.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:43 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I reckon a good time for him to walk was 10 years ago when North we're thinking about offering him a job...

You seem to post plenty before a game & after a loss, didn’t see many of your posts after the blues win.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:22 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
I reckon a good time for him to walk was 10 years ago when North we're thinking about offering him a job...

You seem to post plenty before a game & after a loss, didn’t see many of your posts after the blues win.

Than you're not reading enough... but not much point putting the boot in when we actually play the way we should. But regardless this is all pointless - the squad has no depth - we have to rebuild and develop and regardless of how we play in 'one match', this season is already over. And let's make this clear, it's not about the Pie's, it's about persisting with a guy who we parachuted into a job 10 years ago but has managed to make our side worse every year bar one.

He's got to go and now ain't soon enough imo - keeping him in a job until his contract runs out isn't worth the damage. We're better served to tell him his time is up, appoint a caretaker coach (obviously not Sando or Harvey) and comence the search for a new head coach immediately - and to be perfectly honest I doubt we'd have to wait until seasons end to see the new coach take over, since it'll almost certainly be Lyon (who's basically waiting in the wings for the job), or alternatively Brad Scott (who judging from a recent SEN interview would be now 'fresh' enough to throw himself back into the deep end if the right job presented itself - and we all know Collingwood is ALWAYS the right job). Why do I think this... well one... The club would be mad to appoint an inexperienced coach after Ten long years of one in Buckley.. like stark raving mad.. and two... because they are both good coaches and they're the only two realistic coaches available.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:36 pm

Lazza wrote:
I think Collingwood can make finals. If they don’t I’ll concede that it’s time for a coaching change. ...

Making finals is no achievement at all...

unless you're a team full of first-year kids.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:55 pm

Youse are revelling in the Tigers loss, how pathetic when they have won, what 3 flags in the last few years?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:59 pm

^ Well, presumably no one here wants that to be 4. Losses are a good start for keeping it at 3.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:54 pm

scoobydoo wrote:

Than you're not reading enough... but not much point putting the boot in when we actually play the way we should. But regardless this is all pointless - the squad has no depth - we have to rebuild and develop and regardless of how we play in 'one match', this season is already over. And let's make this clear, it's not about the Pie's, it's about persisting with a guy who we parachuted into a job 10 years ago but has managed to make our side worse every year bar one.

He's got to go and now ain't soon enough imo - keeping him in a job until his contract runs out isn't worth the damage. We're better served to tell him his time is up, appoint a caretaker coach (obviously not Sando or Harvey) and comence the search for a new head coach immediately - and to be perfectly honest I doubt we'd have to wait until seasons end to see the new coach take over, since it'll almost certainly be Lyon (who's basically waiting in the wings for the job), or alternatively Brad Scott (who judging from a recent SEN interview would be now 'fresh' enough to throw himself back into the deep end if the right job presented itself - and we all know Collingwood is ALWAYS the right job). Why do I think this... well one... The club would be mad to appoint an inexperienced coach after Ten long years of one in Buckley.. like stark raving mad.. and two... because they are both good coaches and they're the only two realistic coaches available.

While I’m not against change, I don’t get the glowing support for your two candidates.

Lyon - 56 % winning ratio 11 years and no flags ( which is apparently the only aspiration that a Collingwood supporter should subscribe to, even in an equalised competition )

B Scott - 50 % winning ratio 10 years and no G F appearances.

Buckley - 55 % winning ratio 10 years and no flags

I guess we could dress up the above to suit both our arguments but when it’s all stripped back to numbers, I don’t see either of them as necessarily better than Buckley. Once again, I’m comfortable with change but neither of them have won a flag. And after all, we all know it’s only flags that matter.
I actually think Lyon could improve the current list because most new voices and fresh eyes usually do have a positive impact, at least for the short term.
But on that basis, then there are a few who could improve us, so I’m not overly sold on investing in a high paid coach with an open history of being unreasonably demanding ( more so of support staff ) at the clubs he has previously coached.
Time will tell but I wouldnt be to dismissive of a novice coach just yet. Even the great coaches all coached their first game at one point.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:06 pm

1970 wrote:
Another loss this week to put another nail in Buckley's coffin.
This team are mentally soft and simply no good.
Plenty more misery to come.
Buckley will hang on like grim death.
He is completely deluded.

Beat Brisvegas and we would be 2-1, beat GWS, as we will, back to 2-2. id far rather a one point loss that 75 points as the "up and coming " Saints dished up, they were red hot to do really well this season. Bucks tenure depends if we make Finals or not, and how he goes with this new crop of young kids we have. We did delist/retire 15 players, time to bring in the kids now. If we dont make Finals, or kids dont come on, he will walk, as hes said himself. Heaven help our next Coach, i wonder how long the doomsayers here will give that poor bastard to produce the goods ?? Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:07 pm

^ ^ I understand and agree to the principal of everyone has to start somewhere, but as I said above, after a ten year project on a novice coach do you think we will in our right mind go to the well a 2nd time??! Somehow I suspect not but it may happen... it would be very risky imo.

I only put forward Lyon and Scott because they literally are the only available experienced coaches... not because I think either of them are the specific 'answer' to our problems - but either will 100% put us on the right course.

If you have other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. The thing is we are rapidly drawing to this chapters close, and key 'calculated' decision will have to be made. I have low initial expectations, as I've said in other posts our list is thin, but we do have some key working parts - with the right type of leadership, drafting and recruitment - I can see us being a contender again.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:12 pm

^ ^ I understand and agree to the principal of everyone has to start somewhere, but as I said above, after a ten year project on a novice coach do you think we will in our right mind go to the well a 2nd time??! Somehow I suspect not but it may happen... it would be very risky imo.

I only put forward Lyon and Scott because they literally are the only available experienced coaches... not because I think either of them are the specific 'answer' to our problems - but either will 100% put us on the right course.

If you have other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. The thing is we are rapidly drawing to this chapters close, and key 'calculated' decision will have to be made. I have low initial expectations, as I've said in other posts our list is thin, but we do have some key working parts - with the right type of leadership, drafting and recruitment - I can see us being a contender again.

IF Bucks walks at seasons end, i dont want either LYon or Scott, been there, done that. I want Luke Hodge, a winner, brought up under the maestro Clarkson, knows what it takes, seems pretty ruthless, has vast playing experience. Hed be my first choice. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:31 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

IF Bucks walks at seasons end, i dont want either LYon or Scott, been there, done that. I want Luke Hodge, a winner, brought up under the maestro Clarkson, knows what it takes, seems pretty ruthless, has vast playing experience. Hed be my first choice. Idea

Sigh if you want Luke than you better get a donation can and start collecting because it's going to cost the club a fortune to make it worth his while (and not a small one, a very BIG one).. but again why would he coach when he's got it so good in the media? for literally zero the stress? I just can't see it happening.

It's not about which coach either you or I 'want' it's about who's the best 'available' person for the job. Think of it another way, when you were a baby and zero choice about what your parents fed you... did you eat or did you not eat?

You'll take what you're given. It's just the way it is.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:51 pm

It's not about which coach either you or I 'want' it's about who's the best 'available' person for the job. Think of it another way, when you were a baby and zero choice about what your parents fed you... did you eat or did you not eat?

Stuffed if I know what your rationale is but in my case, I didn’t eat my greens or offal.

You'll take what you're given. It's just the way it is.

I have sometimes not taken what I was given🥺 was that 😑😕😟

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:52 pm

The next coach of Collingwood will be a woman, or haven't you been paying attention to what has happened to Collingwood and where it is destined to go.

And it won't matter if she has never seen a Sherrin. The fashionably modern view of 'leadership' is that it is gender neutral and transcends industry, sports, politics and other areas of human activity.

Collingwood is a social experiment now, and we are all the guinea pigs.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15   

Jump to: