Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:36 pm
Post subject: Pre-Match. Pies v. Giants.Reply with quote

Saturday. April 10. MCG. 7.25

Collingwood v. Greater Western Sydney.

[37] Brayden Maynard, [23] Jordan Roughead, [3] Isaac Quaynor
[44] Jack Madgen, [30] Darcy Moore, [38] Jeremy Howe
[25] Jack Crisp, [10] Scott Pendlebury, [16] Chris Mayne
[7] Josh Daicos, [41] Brody Mihocek, [2] Jordan De Goey
[32] Will Hoskin-Elliott, [46] Mason Cox, [24] Josh Thomas
[4] Brodie Grundy, [13] Taylor Adams, [22] Steele Sidebottom

[17] Callum L. Brown, [31] Beau McCreery, [9] John Noble, [36] Brayden Sier

[14] Darcy Cameron, [19] Levi Greenwood, [21] Trey Ruscoe
EMG

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Season defining match

Lose this and we are 1-3 with a 6 day turnaround up West. And now Essendon are finding themselves right in time for Anzac day

So if we lose to GWS

Forgedabodit

Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:52 pm

Its 3 weeks away but if we are 1-5 after being belted by Essendon by 48 points on Anzac Day, I would think thats a good time to walk...
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:58 pm

I reckon a good time for him to walk was 10 years ago when North we're thinking about offering him a job...
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:52 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I reckon a good time for him to walk was 10 years ago when North we're thinking about offering him a job...

Yeah... then we wouldnt have lost Stepho to them ...

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:07 pm

Looking forward to this game. I think we will debut McCreery and we will play Murphy...WHE and Mayne to make way ( I am assuming that Mayne is not right to play). If Mayne is OK, then Cal Brown to make way.
I was devastated we lost by 1 point, but all those who are reading doom and gloom into that are just not on the mark, imho. They should think to themselves, OK if we were so close to winning against BL, what got us into that position into the first place? A totally inferior AFL team, with a multitude of substandard players,(according to some) just would not have been in that position. BL were not just in Premiership contention last year, during COVID, FFS they finished second on the ladder in 2019.
Our team has many flaws, but not to the abysmal extent of some of the comments I see here. In spite of Bux and co,we have a strong core of very good, committed players. We won't win a flag this year, but y after the inevitable change of coaching regime at the end of this year, our new coaches will have alot of excellent raw material to work with. Who knows what is possible from there?

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:11 pm

Rosolino_Leone wrote:
Its 3 weeks away but if we are 1-5 after being belted by Essendon by 48 points on Anzac Day, I would think thats a good time to walk...

Hey RL... I get the impression that you are a bipolar supporter. Sometimes you are euphoric, and other times you are in a state of mourning. I cant see us at all being belted by 48 points on Anzac Day.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:04 pm

Another game I can't tip... so I'm tipping a draw again like I did last week.

Also I wouldn't rate our 1 point loss to the Bears too much, sure they did well last year and most likely they'll be somewhere near the mark this year as well... but they were pretty much caught 'on the hop', off guard, playing us away instead of home without any spare underwear... and not a full list to pick from against pretty much our 'best side' and they still won... I mean who rates losses anyway??!

A draw.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:53 pm

[quote="The Boy Who Cried Wolf"]Another game I can't tip... so I'm tipping a draw again like I did last week.

Also I wouldn't rate our 1 point loss to the Bears too much, sure they did well last year and most likely they'll be somewhere near the mark this year as well... but they were pretty much caught 'on the hop', off guard, playing us away instead of home without any spare underwear... and not a full list to pick from against pretty much our 'best side' and they still won... I mean who rates losses anyway??!

A draw.[/quote}
Nor would i rate our loss to the Bears. 'Cos we didnt lose to them. We lost to the Lions.
Seriously tho', i dont think the disruption to their prep time was a factor. Given the COVID experience last year, teams are very cognisant of what they have to do to be prepared. Yes, looked like pretty much our best side...but the problem is, we dont know what our best side is atm. There are some young guys who already have a preseason or two (Kelly, McCreery, Murphy, and probably others) who may replace some of our current B22.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:09 am

They'll always be the Bears to me.

Agree to disagree about 'On the Hop'/'Given the COVID experience last year' - imo it's always a factor when its unexpected so it would have had some weight, how much is another matter.

I expect the young fellows are still a ways off, for now, certainly as a regular fixture throughout the season.

We have some good players, but right now, we lack depth... badley. Another year or two into the recruits, Nick Daicos, a little more drafting/trading, and a new coach will bring us much closer to success - or at least the 'real' opportunity to have long term success, or thereabouts.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:10 am

Hopefully our players are bloody furious with themselves, spewing after losing a match they led for 98%of the game. I reckon we willl be in a filthy mood, and should beat these Orange clowns by bout 33 points. On another issue, i was rapt to see cocky Tigers get belted by young Swans, made me feel a lot better after our loss, much better.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:35 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Hopefully our players are bloody furious with themselves, spewing after losing a match they led for 98%of the game. I reckon we willl be in a filthy mood, and should beat these Orange clowns by bout 33 points. On another issue, i was rapt to see cocky Tigers get belted by young Swans, made me feel a lot better after our loss, much better.!

Yeah, I agree. we will be very angry. I am looking forward to this game. Revenge for the losses these pretenders have inflicted on us in 2019 and 2020.

Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:52 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Rosolino_Leone wrote:

Hey RL... I get the impression that you are a bipolar supporter. Sometimes you are euphoric, and other times you are in a state of mourning. I cant see us at all being belted by 48 points on Anzac Day.

I was actually going to edit my comment before its funny you say this, I just got sidetracked messaging this hot chick on fb.

I was going to say that we could very well lose to the Giants by 3 points. Then lose to the Eagles by 54 points. Then that could set Buckley with a career defining match against Essendon infront of 100,000 people, in which Collingwood come back from being 48 points down to win the game with Mason Cox kicking a torpedo from 60 after the siren in a 1 point win. Wouldnt that be nice? Until Gold Coast beat us by 9 points the next week...

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:27 am

Piesnchess wrote:

Funny made me feel the complete opposite? (don't get me wrong, I want to see the tigers belted every week).

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:04 am

Piesnchess wrote:
On another issue, i was rapt to see cocky Tigers get belted by young Swans, made me feel a lot better after our loss, much better.!

Couldn’t agree more Piesnchess. That was a very nice to see🤓😄

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15   

Jump to: