Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre season controversy has been an unfortunate and unwanted part for a fair while at Collingwood
This latest one has been given a legal conclusion by the courts

Let’s put it behind us and put all our time into putting position 17 behind us also

Go season 2022 😀

piffdog 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:18 am

piffdog wrote:
robevpau1 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
think positive wrote:

the judge is ordering that not the club

Pretty sure it’s the club (Salvos)

The Club was required to appease the Court by putting in place a rehabilitative program for JDG acceptable to the Court. That it has now done.

Not sure either of these are right. The club does not have to appease the court - the two parties dont have anything to do with each other. Did your boss from Woolies have to organise for you to pick up rubbish on your lunch break to have a charge dropped/lowered?

The articles I read suggested that he would likely be able to get the charge downgraded if he could find a suitable community service program here in Australia (if he was in the US perhaps the court would have done it for him). If anything, the club may have helped as an intermediary to set up this agreement with the salvos to satisfy a community service order - but I dont think the club have demanded it (although they may have - who knows what else they have demanded of him which hasnt been made public...), and I dont think that the US court made the club set it up.

Will be interested to see if he serves any match suspensions (ordered by the club) - doesnt sound like it. If they were going to do that wouldn't they announce it at the same time?

There's a lot of different views on this board (which were all entitled to). I dont mind that the club stood him down. He's had form and found himself in another bad situation. Case is resolved and they have welcomed him back. If he is upset at how the club treated him then he can exercise his free will and leave. Club is bigger than any player, and there will be plenty more JDG's walk through the doors in future.

From The Age story this morning:

The Salvation Army work will be the agreed program New York judge Anna Swern requested during the court hearing on January 18 when she adjourned the case.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:35 am

Jordan De Goey will be a lifetime Collingwood player who will have all the naysayers eating their words after having a breakout year this season . I see all the legal "Experts" here saying they just wanted to "Sweep the charge under the carpet" to which I call horse crap. If there was definitive evidence of a bloke getting his head kicked in .he would still be in Rikers.THe "Forcible touching" charge was thrown out the next day because he probably caught her trying knock off his expensive bottle of booze, remembering she snuck into a restricted area and was less than politely told to %$^£$%^&%% ORF, prompting the boyfriend to stick his head in and get it smacked.
If the charge was so grave, they would never have let him leave the US and it's patently obvious that the charge was less than reported but still warranted some type of penance, which ,it seems ,includes anger manage and community service. A far cry from a serious felony charge.
I for one ,am very glad he's back and fitter than he's ever been. It seems to have been lost in the haze that he went over to the states to get the fittest he's ever been ,at the expense of his sponsors and !Wonders never cease, had a weekend OFF to have some fun after weeks of being hard at it.I'm assuming his sponsors gave him leave.
His last 5 weeks of last season were just a glimpse of what's to come and if Collingwood supporters are happy to see that in a Richmond or Essendon jumper then …… speechless.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:38 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
think positive wrote:

The club and JDG would have picked the institution to do his community service, but the US judge would have ordered it to be a part of the deal along with an anger management course.

Last edited by mudlark on Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:41 am

https://twitter.com/i/status/1484294384091013123

#2 back in the fold!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:06 am

Fantastic news that JDG has now been welcomed back to training. I think the club handled this magnificently. JDG has received an important message that continuing poor behaviour poses a real threat to his career. Moreover, the decision to stand him down and wait to the last moment before reinstating him in the team surely must whet his appetite to prove that this decision was amply justified. Here's hoping that the psychological conditions have been set in place for JDG to demonstrate his worth by having a breakout year. I am really looking forward to watching him play.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:07 am

Living a lifetime can sometime teach you something. This is not the first time a player has been in trouble.

To suspended him from the club tells the court he has already suffered consequence for his actions, and part of his 'sentence' has already been served.

His career has taken a hit and so has his standing in the community (further down), and his earnings potential in marketing his brand has dropped.

If punishment fits the crime, a large port has already been filled.

That's not to say he is not an idiot... I agree with the philosophies expressed on here, but we are talking about a scuffle in a bar. As far as touching tits, that was withdrawn.

Does anyone consider that maybe a low life person said that because they knew his history ? He very likely threatened to sue for defamation and the truth came good quick smart.

Possibly goes to show the type of people who got his tail up. Hopefully he learns.,
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:17 am

^ I don't think it's too useful to question the character of the victims. They are not known to us, several thousand kilometres away and never going to play for Collingwood.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:27 am

You mean the people who stole drinks, and immediately withdrew an accusation ?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:33 am

I mean I do not care about them - they are not our problem. De Goey is.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:19 pm

Hes back on deck, now pull up your socks Jordon, get your bloody act together, and knuckle down, you are still young enough to turn it all around, and stick it up your critics. Just do it. Now. Now. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:40 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I mean I do not care about them - they are not our problem. De Goey is.

Lol yeppo

It's conclusive if viewed objectively

1. If he touched breast… it would have been collaborated by the footage. It wasn't. No way it would have been overlooked by the court.

2. If he was a thug, especially considering the perceived degree of kicking, you don't bargain out of that to second degree harassment.

He reacted and had a fight, that's clear. Idiot.

I love the changes the club has made… This saga, unlike with the magic being mooted, was dealt in a way footy clubs deal with things.

So now that it's over. Let's wait for the monkey to jump on someone else's back… and then we can read all about it.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:42 pm

AJ wrote:
Quincy wrote:
AJ wrote:
I hope JDG kicks the winning goal against us in a knockout final and says stick it up ya Wrighty.

Don't blame Wrighty. He underpinned the sort of culture at Hawthorn that resulted in flags.

Ha arrived well and truly after their glory days. The only thing he is responsible for at Hawks is the state of their current list. A mess.

Dude I have lived long enough to smell the difference between a born wanker and a made wanker and you are definitely in the former group. Your type also have incredibly thin skins who get offended when challenged and confronted by the decent posters here. You don’t make a difference here, only parading yourself self crowned deadshit. I blame your parents for not guiding you the proper way.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:40 pm

piffdog wrote:
robevpau1 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
think positive wrote:

The Club was required to appease the Court by putting in place a rehabilitative program for JDG acceptable to the Court. That it has now done.

Not sure either of these are right. The club does not have to appease the court - the two parties dont have anything to do with each other. Did your boss from Woolies have to organise for you to pick up rubbish on your lunch break to have a charge dropped/lowered?

The articles I read suggested that he would likely be able to get the charge downgraded if he could find a suitable community service program here in Australia (if he was in the US perhaps the court would have done it for him). If anything, the club may have helped as an intermediary to set up this agreement with the salvos to satisfy a community service order - but I dont think the club have demanded it (although they may have - who knows what else they have demanded of him which hasnt been made public...), and I dont think that the US court made the club set it up.

Will be interested to see if he serves any match suspensions (ordered by the club) - doesnt sound like it. If they were going to do that wouldn't they announce it at the same time?

There's a lot of different views on this board (which were all entitled to). I dont mind that the club stood him down. He's had form and found himself in another bad situation. Case is resolved and they have welcomed him back. If he is upset at how the club treated him then he can exercise his free will and leave. Club is bigger than any player, and there will be plenty more JDG's walk through the doors in future.

Yup to all

bucking awesome 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:42 pm

Now that we can get back to footy. Best case scenario is
1.Jordy carves it up this year and goes someway towards becoming a Petracca/Dusty that we all hope for
2. Jordy feels a debt towards the Pies and signs for under what he is worth
3. If he doesnt, we get a first round choice under free agency. It would likely mean two picks in the top half of the 1st round - it wouldnt be the worst thing to happen.

Worst case
1. He stuffs up again and is given the boot
2.Someone picks him up for minimum chips and we get SFA through free agency

I know the first scenario is much more palatable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 199 of 301   

Jump to: