Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
AJ wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Club doing the right thing and not making judgement until after court’s finished.

In the meantime, I’m looking forward to reading the apologies by Susie O’Brien and all the keyboard warriors who painted JDG as a rapist.

They already made their judgment when they banned him. The club is a joke. I can’t wait for them to finish dead last this year. I’ll support wherever JDG goes.

Frankly we don't want you. Bye Bye

Spot on, the club has been communicating with DeGoey from the start.

Whether we like it or not the media had to be managed, it's Collingwood for christ sake.

See ya AJ 👋
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:37 pm

Agree with all those who want to see JDG back at training asap.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:50 pm

E wrote:
think positive wrote:
only 1 was an athlete, and only one is good looking.

your attitude is why the Me Too movement has gone into overdrive, and probably overkill.

"Misdemeanor harassment occurs when a person:

Willingly and without legal authority threatens to:
Immediately or in the future cause bodily harm to the threatened individual
Cause physical damage to the victim’s property
Confine or restrain the victim
Do other malicious acts and harm the threatened individual with respect to his or her safety or physical and mental health
Uses words and conducts that put the threatened person in reasonable fear that the threat will be carried out in the future"

working out a deal, ie, our court system is over run, so are our prisons, so we are happy to work out a deal. thats so far from not guilty its not funny.

hopefully its the wakeup call he needs, just like Swan got, but in no way is this a laughing matter, and your attitude stinks.

does this mean we dont have to worry about him $�$%^%%$ up in the US again? will his visa be stamped please **** off?

i love how just before you go on your #metoo crusade you start by objectifying men! so predictable. such hypocrisy.

#Metoo was such a good thing to expose motherf$ckers like Steve Epstein and Harvey Weinstein.

The idea that me explaining what the world is like causes you to invoke #metoo shows exactly why its failing now! You idiots are after the wrong guys!!!

I'll leave it there, except to say that you combat a misdemeanor harrassment charge by looking someone in the eye and chanting "sticks and stones may break my bones....." Its a joke!!

Funny you mentioned those sleaze bags, the lawyers he hired defended one of them!

2 assault charges and 2 accusations of inappropriate behaviour towards women in the last what 6-7 years? Everyone else is the problem?

It’s only an occurrence to be laughed at if it didn’t happen to you

I’m guessing this has cost him financially hugely

Hopefully it’s the wake up call he needs

Meanwhile I am loving the stance the club is taking, quiet dignity and no bullshit

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:04 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Well,I hope that he does get the all clear to play with us again.It would be a shame to lose another A grade talent for nothing.We’ve lost too much talent like that over the years and got nothing in return.

It’s interesting to read people here referring to him as ‘the kid’.He’s actually 25 years old,not a kid.I think that’s part of the problem.When he’s out and about on the streets he acts like an overgrown schoolboy rather than a man.I think he still has a lot of growing up to do.Let’s hope he’s learned some valuable lessons from this latest incident,

This 1000%. And the kids we have coming up learn from it too

I gotta say the cries for 1 decent player!!! I’d take an aging Pendles any day for a start, because he $$%^%%$ tries week in week out! Not when he feels like it or a contract is pending

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:27 pm

The New York judicially have downgraded JDG based on a suitable programme that he can serve his sentence

Did he on another occasion serve community service with Salvo,s

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:14 pm

BazBoy wrote:
The New York judicially have downgraded JDG based on a suitable programme that he can serve his sentence

Did he on another occasion serve community service with Salvo,s

“At the beginning of the 2017 season, De Goey broke his hand during an incident in a bar in St Kilda. Initially he lied to the club, telling them he injured it while playing with his dog and after admitting to his lie was suspended for three matches, fined $5,000, and given 10 weeks of community service.[21]

In February 2018, he was suspended by Collingwood after being caught drunk driving. He was fined $10,000 and required to pay a further $10,000 to charity, during which time he worked for a month as a tradesman and with the Salvation Army.[22]” I just googled his name

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:36 pm

mattdally wrote:
Now can we let the kid play.
This is and will result in a nothing charge.
Let him join the playing group and get on with pre-season duties.

He’s not a kid anymore.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:53 pm

Bottom line is he phucked up.....again. The court looks like finding him guilty of harassment, and only avoiding locking him up if he undergoes some form of anger/behavioural management program.

This is hardly a good outcome for Jordy. I suspect the club will let their displeasure known to him, but allow him to return at some point. He may miss the first few games.

I am disappointed in him. More so because he is our best player imo and our only genuine match winner. How he responds from here is anyone's guess. He may feel the club has not supported him sufficiently and seek a transfer at season's end, or he may finally grow some cahunas and recognise his own failings and commit to Collingwood with a stronger level of responsibility and professionalism. The ball will soon be in Jordy's court.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:06 am

Time to become a man JDG. Time to put away childish things and stop blaming circumstances for your lack of discipline and inability to exercise responsibility. We all want to see the best pf you - without all the public distractions and sideshow antics. We, as committed supporters, and the Club can only support you so far - the rest is up to you. This is the place and time - one final chance for you to shine at this great Club. Grab it while you can. Over to you ...
themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:55 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Bottom line is he phucked up.....again. The court looks like finding him guilty of harassment, and only avoiding locking him up if he undergoes some form of anger/behavioural management program.

This is hardly a good outcome for Jordy. I suspect the club will let their displeasure known to him, but allow him to return at some point. He may miss the first few games.

I am disappointed in him. More so because he is our best player imo and our only genuine match winner. How he responds from here is anyone's guess. He may feel the club has not supported him sufficiently and seek a transfer at season's end, or he may finally grow some cahunas and recognise his own failings and commit to Collingwood with a stronger level of responsibility and professionalism. The ball will soon be in Jordy's court.

Why should he miss? Martin threatens women and doesn't miss, he didn't even get fined..

Let him play!
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:31 am

So it’s reported now with available footage the judge seems likely to downgrade assault to harassment.

Imagine if the full story was clear on day one.

I agree, he won’t be at Collingwood next year. He’ll take a lucrative deal to tear it up at another club. Why wouldn’t he. He’s clearing not wanted at Collingwood. Can’t believe how many people have lived a perfect life.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:37 am

MJ23 wrote:
So it’s reported now with available footage the judge seems likely to downgrade assault to harassment.

I agree, he won’t be at Collingwood next year. He’ll take a lucrative deal to tear it up at another club. Why wouldn’t he. He’s clearing not wanted at Collingwood. Can’t believe how many people have lived a perfect life.

Really? I am surprised you know of that many people charged with harassment / assault.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:53 am

What'sinaname wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Really? I am surprised you know of that many people charged with harassment / assault.

this!!!!!

and also, i personally think the footage was maybe detrimental to him, his lawyers got the charges downgraded because he took a plea, they came to an agreement. if the footage was in his favour, he wouldnt have to go to anger management or whatever it is! I watch a shitload of US crime shows, you take a plea to get less than you deserve, not because you are innocent! their justice system is overwhelmed as are their prisons, they like to settle, and im guessing its cheaper than full trial fees!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:55 am

themonk wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Why should he miss? Martin threatens women and doesn't miss, he didn't even get fined..

Let him play!

the chopstick thing? that was in oz, was their footage? he should definitely have been charged, intimodation in a disgusting way from a hulking athlete.

a lot different than 2 guys kicking someone on the ground however.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:13 am

dalyc wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Now can we let the kid play.
This is and will result in a nothing charge.
Let him join the playing group and get on with pre-season duties.

He’s not a kid anymore.

Depends how old you are in comparison Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 195 of 301   

Jump to: