Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Cam wrote:
FFS we lost a game on the last kick against a probable at least prelim finalist. A little perspective.

Yes people show disappointment in different ways, fair enough. Ranting on social media is better going home and being a drunken tyrant to their families as previous generations have done, so there's that.

I thought our physicality was superb, but we failed with execution at crucial times. Plenty to work on sure, but not as catastrophic a result as some people like to paint it when they feel hurt by their football team not winning.

Credit to Daniel Rich for lowering his eyes at the end instead of bombing it to the square which most players would have done, and I think our defenders were preparing for.

Whoever the goalkicker's man was will have had a sleepless night, because if they had been closer then a fist might have saved the game.

Last night showed that we can mix it with the best.

I think over the course of the season the umpires will start to see Daniher's pushes in the back though, they are just so blatant.

Cam mate all due respect we were finalists last year as well and the lions had a arm chair ride last year due to Covid
I get the premise of what your saying but sometimes you need to look deeper and watch the game again and look at what went wrong snd how it went wrong
We are miles off being a true premiership threat
If our defence wasn’t so skilled and well lead by Howe we would have been on the end of a 0-3 start
Moore Howe IQ Maynard Crisp Noble Roughead are the only reasons we aren’t mate
We need some fresh ideas and some better leadership both on and off the field IMO

Sorry mate but your way to negative - WB we played crap. Fumble , fumble missed tackled, dropped mark we played poorly. Carlton completely changed it up - no way we were going to lose.
Last night we should have won.
If we played as well as we ‘ve done in the last 2 weeks against WB - the a 16 point margin looks easily surmountable. So we could be 3-0 and thats including against 2 Likely Top 4 teams.

Last edited by ThePieMind on Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 pm

Woods wrote:
The Josh Thomas appreciation tweet:

https://twitter.com/SwoopLuke/status/1377866758304931840

Nice, and well deserved. He gets cruelled by so many here and elsewhere, but I think he is significantly better than many think. I would definitely be selecting him next week.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:53 pm

So much angst just missing out on beating a flag favorite, considering most here tipped a 6-10 finish.
You must all have secretly felt we’re Top 4 side, they way you’ve over reacted to the loss.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:10 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
So much angst just missing out on beating a flag favorite, considering most here tipped a 6-10 finish.
You must all have secretly felt we’re Top 4 side, they way you’ve over reacted to the loss.

The "perceptive fellow" are more inspired by a loss than a win!

JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:21 am

In a pulsating contest that was decided after the siren, Collingwood squandered their lead and the premiership points to the Brisbane Lions by 1 point, after being the most likely team to prevail, only to falter in their structures ahead and behind the play to gift the Lions a dramatic victory, courtesy of Zac Bailey, the fourth worst moment that I've ever witnessed in my existence as a supporter and club member with Collingwood. To put this into perspective, Dom Sheed takes the cake (2018 Grand Final), David Zaharakis not far behind him (2009 Anzac Day), Jason Akermanis (2002 Grand Final) with his sealing left-foot snap, and Zac Bailey consigning me to my first loss decided by a goal after the siren, an occurrence I wish to never witness ever again in my lifetime. I was motionless, lifeless and suddenly silenced. I have not felt like that in almost 12 years since Zaharakis kicked his first goal in AFL football when I was 18. This is definitely not the Easter present I wanted, nor anybody else in a Collingwood guernsey for that matter, and it will remain unclear how many victories that the Magpies can muster to make this defeat a distant memory, which will not be forgotten easily.

Collingwood's gains came from disposals by +17 (398 - 381), handballs were won by +33 (156 - 123), contested possessions had a differential of +15 (155 - 140), with hit-outs won by +59 (63 - 4), and stoppage clearances had an advantage of +7 (24 - 17), clearances were +5 (35 - 30), while Tackles Inside 50 were won by +4 (13 - 9). Brisbane had their dominance through kicks by +16 (258 - 242), uncontested possessions had a margin of +2 (241 - 239), centre clearances were won by +2 (13 - 11), while tackles had a gap of +14 (70 - 56). Uncontested marks had a differential of +23 (119 - 96), intercept possessions were +2 ( 80 - 78 ), +5 for Inside 50s (58 - 53), and Marks Inside 50 were won by +4 (11 - 7). Contested Marks (12 each) was the only category in dispute for the game.

Scott Pendlebury (30 disposals @ 73%, 271 metres gained, 13 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 17 handballs, 8 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goal assists, 5 score involvements, 4 clearances, 2 centre clearances & 2 stoppage clearances) created space and scoring opportunities, while linking up as a marking option with a level of regularity. Solid game from the skipper, without being dominant.

Brodie Grundy (28 disposals @ 61%, 240 metres gained, 18 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 54 hit-outs, 11 kicks, 17 handballs, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements, 5 clearances, 4 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) did everything in his power to will his team over the line. Clearly Collingwood's best player without question, yet despite the picnic he had at ruck contests and in general play, his teammates could not exert enough scoreboard pressure to get it done.

Isaac Quaynor (24 disposals @ 96%, 369 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 10 handballs, 9 marks, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 7 Rebound 50s) played a very fine game where he took intercept marks, provided run and carry and hit targets with a high degree of accuracy.

Jeremy Howe (22 disposals @ 82%, 448 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 5 handballs, 8 marks, 3 Contested Marks, 7 tackles, 2 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s, 4 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) displayed his strengths to judge aerial contests expertly, and provided excellent transition out of defence.

Jack Crisp (21 disposals @ 81%, 502 metres gained, 8 contested possessions. 13 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 7 handballs, 4 marks, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 2 clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) generated significant rebound off half-back once again, and made the most of his midfield stints throughout the night.

John Noble (20 disposals @ 90%, 386 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 6 Rebound 50s) complimented Quaynor nicely with his neat kicking game to break the game wide open or finding marking targets to maintain possession.

Jordan Roughead (20 disposals @ 100%, 304 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 3 handballs, 17 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements & 3 Rebound 50s) played his best game for the club, and loomed as the team's hero and saviour in the final term before the final goal was conceded.

Jordan De Goey (18 disposals @ 50%, 266 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 12 kicks, 6 handballs, 4 marks, 2 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) won enough of the ball to impact the contest, but lacked substance when he was either in the midfield or up forward.

Josh Daicos (15 disposals @ 67%, 271 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 6 handballs, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 5 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) had enough shots at goal to be dangerous, and looked likely each time he gathered possession of the footy.

Brody Mihocek (13 disposals @ 69%, 280 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 2 handballs, 6 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 2 score involvements, 5 Inside 50s & 2 goals) provided an avenue to goal and chimed in with a couple of majors.

Mason Cox (12 disposals @ 42%, 209 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 9 hit-outs, 9 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 2 goals) had a largely ineffective game, but stayed busy and got involved in scoring chains when he was a bit off.

Collingwood's next game will be against GWS Giants at the MCG on April 10. Plenty of lessons to learn from that loss, Collingwood. Ensure your structures in attack and defence do not falter like they did in the dying seconds against the Lions. Conversion will also be important, so don't waste crucial scoring shots either if the points are to be secured against the Giants.

Last edited by JC Hartley on Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:34 am

ThePieMind wrote:

Brisbane made a prelim playing an entire season on their home ground, this year they look terrible, had their travel plans thrown into chaos and for 97% of the game, trailed the Pies. They were also one loss away from being extremely long odds to even make finals, let alone be a premiership favourite.
Rosolino_Leone 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:57 am

eddiesmith wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

Brisbane made a prelim playing an entire season on their home ground, this year they look terrible, had their travel plans thrown into chaos and for 97% of the game, trailed the Pies. They were also one loss away from being extremely long odds to even make finals, let alone be a premiership favourite.

So what?

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:28 am

It’s not another bloody honourable loss!!!
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:34 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Woods wrote:
The Josh Thomas appreciation tweet:

https://twitter.com/SwoopLuke/status/1377866758304931840

Nice, and well deserved. He gets cruelled by so many here and elsewhere, but I think he is significantly better than many think. I would definitely be selecting him next week.

+ one. I don't know if anyone mentioned but he delivered 2 clean balls into the fwd 50 in the first half that should have been goals if the recipient kicked straight. Admittedly he was quiet in the second half but so were many others.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:30 am

BazBoy wrote:
Bucks says some weird things like Grundy winning so many tap outs irrelevant

Players don’t like Adam Treloar

Sorry but watching his pressers are painful

Very simple fix for your problem- Don’t ever watch his pressers🥺🙄

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:38 am

Cam wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

True. As I have posted for many years, the S_d Sacks hate us winning because it stuffs up their whinging and sooking. Losing releases their venom.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:40 am

Lazza wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Bucks says some weird things like Grundy winning so many tap outs irrelevant

Players don’t like Adam Treloar

Sorry but watching his pressers are painful

Very simple fix for your problem- Don’t ever watch his pressers🥺🙄

Must admit I didn't bother watching the last one, I guessed it would be the same old rhetoric i.e. 'We were nutted at the clearances' or perhaps quoting some meaningless stats... take your pick.

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:48 am

I like to wait a few days after a loss to post - lets me think about it more and allows the ranting to settle a bit on here.

It was one we shouldn't have lost - for sure. But we did and apart from giving up on the year the best thing we can do is re-group and fix up what we can. I am not for giving up on the year.

Our defence has been very good, while the midfield has been patchy and the forwards a bit dis-jointed.

I have been surprised at the difference the man on the mark rule has made. The AFL I think has got this right - it opens up the game and allows big forwards to capitalise. Tex Walker is a good example. We don't really have that type of forward unless De Goey fires. Cox and Mihocek will do it in patches. But first we need to win more in the midfield which is heavily reliant on Pendlebury and Adams. Sier seems to be improving but we need more from him in clearances. I really like Crisp going into the middle - he is tough, smart and quick.

I am still bullish about the team and I think we have heaps of improvement. Remember the worst we have lost this year is 16 points when we payed pretty poorly! Just think about what we will do if/when we start to play better.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:53 am

Lazza wrote:
Cam wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

True. As I have posted for many years, the S_d Sacks hate us winning because it stuffs up their whinging and sooking. Losing releases their venom.

Emmm not exactly... personally I want us to win every week, but winning a few games here or there playing 4-5 weeks of trash football with the main aim of not being 'blown away' as we can't risk 'backing' ourselves and than a game or 2 maybe the way we should have been playing all along because we're 'desperate' and than going back to the way we were playing before...

It's literally been going on for a decade. Unless things change (and we've had ten years to tell us they won't any time soon), we're never going to get where we want the club to be. Winning is great, but unless there is real change hanging around the fringes of the 8 will never cut it. This year will be a real struggle unless we are very lucky on the injuries front due to our lack of depth. It's so shallow I'm willing to say I think we'll be lucky if we finish above 12th this year.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:13 am

ThePieMind wrote:
Sorry mate but your way to negative - WB we played crap. Fumble , fumble missed tackled, dropped mark we played poorly. Carlton completely changed it up - no way we were going to lose.
Last night we should have won.
If we played as well as we ‘ve done in the last 2 weeks against WB - the a 16 point margin looks easily surmountable. So we could be 3-0 and thats including against 2 Likely Top 4 teams.

I think a lot of people's 'great effort, nearly got there' tolerance has well-and-truly worn out.
Painting it in a positive light is like trying to see the upside in only losing by five points in the 2018 GF.

The fact is that we're 1-2. That's a million miles from 3-0.

Last edited by Redlight on Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21   

Jump to: