Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Obviously we are all feeling disappointed by the result, but had we won by a point, most here would be celebrating that we have a team good enough to beat one of the very top teams in the comp.

Seriously? What I see is a team many players short of having 22 AFL-standard senior players. And, frankly, hopelessly inept kicking skills all over the ground.

Brisbane were a rabble - and routed in the ruck and around the contest - until late in the second quarter. A team with a functioning forward line would have had a 10 to 12 goal lead on the play. Collingwood just can't damage opposition sides because we lack talent, in most places, with ball in hand.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:35 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
^^ Good post Rudeboy. We lost by a kick after the siren and matched it with last year’s prelim team (admittedly they had a good run in Brisbane in 2020!).

WHE dropped a couple of sitters he’d normally always mark, could have been a couple of goals there.

We lost to a team with no ruckman. e dominated the ruck hit outs 56 - 2 or something like that and still lost.

We had a perfect chance to beat Brisbane and failed because we carry some awful players like WHE, JT and both Browns.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:45 pm

Yet another lame jekyll and hyde performance that this team has become so synomonous with since buckley took over. We had every opportunity to win last night but choked and coughed it up in true Collingwood style. We cannot finish sides off when we're in front; instead we go into defensive mode and start playing kick to kick. Where's the run and carry? Why do we insist on over handballing it instead of finding a target by foot down field? I can't understand why guys like sideanus, JDG, thomas, brown, WHE continually get games despite underperforming. Even pendlebury is getting caught out more and coughing it up. Have the players been instructed not to tackle anymore? Time and time again I see our players just guarding space, flapping their arms about about like fools. There's no pressure.

Our skills and decision making is deplorable. Why do we consistently have 3 to 4 players jump at the ball with no one there to crumb? Why do we continually bomb it long to a player outnumbered 2:1 or turn it over with a cheap pass across half back. This is buckley's coaching. Stop. Prop. Look backwards. Go sideways and turn the effen thing over.

There was nothing positive about losing last night because we should've won. We can't put sides away and they all know that. We almost threw it away last week as well. Once teams change tactics, we have no counter and no plan B. Buckley is clueless and resorts to putting the cue in the rack and playing defensive. 'Just hang in there'.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:49 pm

Time to forget season 2021 and start trading players. New Coach, New President, big Board clean out , new exciting and ‘Affordable’ players who want to win a Premiership. [/u]
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:57 pm

I remember when Gavin Brown first made it into our team. A skinny kid that didn’t do much but there were a few things that he did that stood out and told me that he was going to make it. Unfortunately, Callum has been around for a while now but I haven’t seen that in him. In fact, I have seen the opposite. He’s small, not fast, is a poor kick and a poor decision maker. His positive is that he’s giving 100% but that may just mean there’s less scope for improvement than there is with other players. There have been instances of Tyler’s play where I have thought that he will just never have it, where he could have had the instinct to do something, but didn’t. I hate saying that about the Brown brothers as due to their lineage I really do want them to succeed, over and above any normal Pies player. It just doesn’t look like it will happen though.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:10 pm

Callum tries hard- yet has significant limitations.
Played as defensive forward- has done a good job at times previously- eg last week. Was on Rich last night who absolutely killed us in the last particularly.
Cannot kick over 30 metres and ALWAYS slows down play when he marks.
I think all pies supporters knew he would not kick that goal- gotta feel for the kid- but imagine he wouldnt get drafted if not for being son of Rowdy
Tyler has shown a bit and is worth persisting with.

As we have all seen too often- backline holds up strong, half of our midfield plays well and we dominate play- only for us to be killed in the 60-30m part of our forward line.

I'd almost play Pendles off a wing or half back and throw Adams, Crisp and Sier or even Sidebottom in the guts.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:44 pm

matrix10 wrote:
Callum tries hard- yet has significant limitations.
Played as defensive forward- has done a good job at times previously- eg last week. Was on Rich last night who absolutely killed us in the last particularly.
Cannot kick over 30 metres and ALWAYS slows down play when he marks.
I think all pies supporters knew he would not kick that goal- gotta feel for the kid- but imagine he wouldnt get drafted if not for being son of Rowdy
Tyler has shown a bit and is worth persisting with.

Yep, I feel for hm too. He has not developed as we all would've hoped and needs to make way so another young player can have a chance. Who knows.... playing the VFL for a good while might improve his confidence and kick-start some obvious growth in development (but sadly, I think he is just limited in natural ability).

Quote:
As we have all seen too often- backline holds up strong, half of our midfield plays well and we dominate play- only for us to be killed in the 60-30m part of our forward line.

I actually believe that our forward line is suffering from poor delivery too. Bombing it in while the only true tall there is Coxy and we have no dynamic crumbers is just a waste of a forward entry. [/quote]
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm

Anyone have the stats on how many games we’ve lost after leading by 20+ vs how many we’ve won after trailing by 20+, under Buckley’s watch?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:56 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
^^ Good post Rudeboy. We lost by a kick after the siren and matched it with last year’s prelim team (admittedly they had a good run in Brisbane in 2020!).

WHE dropped a couple of sitters he’d normally always mark, could have been a couple of goals there.

We lost to a team with no ruckman. e dominated the ruck hit outs 56 - 2 or something like that and still lost.

We had a perfect chance to beat Brisbane and failed because we carry some awful players like WHE, JT and both Browns.

Out of interest, are you still hopeful of a career ending injury to Callum Brown ?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:08 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

Out of interest, are you still hopeful of a career ending injury to Callum Brown ?

You are interested in strange things. Maybe find a new hobby.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:13 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

You are interested in strange things. Maybe find a new hobby.

Only interested in seeing if you would own it. I have my answer, so that’s all I needed.
slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:25 pm

Buckley’s tenure as coach will be defined by the fact that he didn’t show the respect and value to the most important part of the team....the forward line.
When your goal kickers are comprised of a rookie drafted defender from the VFL, an American who has only played the game for 8 years, a flanker
who missed two years of football mid career, you cannot then be perplexed by the ineffective output provided.

The remainder of the team is of very good quality and is reflected in our relatively good ball movement and attacking flair. All up until we get to within 70m of goal.
As for a crumbing forward, FMD!!! 😠

It shouldn’t surprise anyone that the most neglected part of the team is our Achilles heel.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:19 pm

Yes our defence is great!!! But how did this come to be? And what have we sacrificed to make it so. Howe brought in as a Forward (in fact they promised him when they recruited him he'd be playing forward) but plays back, Moore drafted, touted as a Forward... initially played as a forward, now permanently in the back line - now I'm not saying that these guys aren't where we should play them nor that we shouldn't have recruited them but I'm more using this as an example of how our recruiting/strategic planning has been massively flawed from the word go. I actually think unless a 'Cameron or Lynch' basically fell in our lap Buckley had long given up on trying to recruit KPF other than hail mary's like Cox or Mihocek (Moore/Kelly being more like exceptions due to father/son).

IMO we have some core elements to being a successful side, but right now we're so shallow in depth and game plan we are a million miles off it. Nothing will change until we eject Buckley and his 2 cronies into outer space....

matrix10 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:01 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

I actually believe that our forward line is suffering from poor delivery too. Bombing it in while the only true tall there is Coxy and we have no dynamic crumbers is just a waste of a forward entry.
[/quote]

Agree on both accounts- defensively we are generally fantastic- the last kick into forward line is still terrible- then rebounds straight back for goal as defence has no time to set up.

Need another key forward badly- and crumbers who can actually crumb!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:07 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Nothing will change until we eject Buckley and his 2 cronies into outer space....

Outer space???? That's a bit of overkill Wolf Laughing Laughing Out the door not far enough?? Smile Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 17 of 21   

Jump to: