Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Paul Licuria (AMA)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:36 am
Post subject: Paul Licuria (AMA)Reply with quote

Has anyone else seen the "Ask Me Anything" segment with Paul Licuria who was on Swoop Luke's podcast on the weekend?

Made some interesting comments on a wide range of topics, and gives a bit of insight into what the club is doing and how the board sees things going forward.

It goes for about 90 minutes, but if you have the time it's a worth a watch.

I don't agree with everything said, but nevertheless I appreciate that Licuria is trying to engage with the supporter base.

The only criticism I have during the podcast is some questioners rambled on incoherently rather than getting to the point and just asking the question, but it could have been nerves kicking in so I won't be too harsh about it.

Key points:
- Culture of the club.
- Wants the club to win 5 flags over the next 20 years.
- Graham Wright appointed for "salary cap expertise".
- Discusses Robert Harvey.
- State of the playing list.
- Discusses the salary cap and how the club was trying to "buy" a flag in the 2018/2019 period.
- Discussion of how the club can engage better with members, rather than using only traditional media platforms.
- Will the netball team licence be renewed?
- The timeframe of when they hope to appoint the new coach, and what the process entails. Says 92 candidates have been shortlisted, and it will narrow down to 15-20 candidates.
- His thoughts on Jeff Browne and the challenge from the outside. States he's never met Browne.
- Discusses what each individual board member brings to the club, and what their strengths are.
- What Luke Ball will bring to the club through the coaching selection process. Malthouse and Dunstall were floated as other candidates but they went with Ball.
- Acknowledges that term limits have been introduced, but didn't specify the details very clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0exbB-dIDY
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

While I really like Paul Licuria we seriously need strict time restrictions imposed on board positions, perhaps a limit of five years to serve and each board position voted on by the members provided there is more than one nominee (and no more Eddie picks).
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:13 pm

In principal i don't agree with maximum terms for board members.
Same as for example, a female quota.
It should be the best person for the job.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:43 pm

Paul Licuria is an honest and decent bloke. We are very lucky to have him on our Board. I don't agree with everything he had to say, but I don't question his commitment to do what's right for our club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: