Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Blues. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Two ripper goals
Adams boundary brilliance
Daicos gather and snap

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:44 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Most amusing to see the ones on here, and THEY know who they are, who were bagging the absolute crap out of our team last week, now on this thread singing the teams praises, jumping for joy. ! Not sure id want many of em side by side in my trench, but hey, thats footy i guess. I knew we would hit back hard, and i did tip us pre game too, always great to beat this mob, no matter how we are going on field. !

Yep.

According to some, Buckley had lost the players a week ago but it seems like he won them back again a week later.
The list as it stands right now isn’t great ( on the back of inexperience and unknowns more than anything ) so we’re going to have our ups and downs but the need to put the boots in after round one says more about the posters than it does the coach. Let’s just play a few teams and see we where stand before we start making assessments on Buckley’s 2021 coaching performance.

Maybe...the lack of effort last week is what leads me to suspect there may have been some real feeling in the squad about the treatment of Treloar. Also a bit sus about how downbeat Bucks was in the presser, something def not right
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:32 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
My top 5 were: Tay, Pendles, Moore, JDG, Checkers.
Really happy overall with the performance tonight. I thought that Noble, IQ, Crisp were great. Special note to Noble: great game. He is a real fighter. Never gives up.
I thought Sier was alot better, but he needs to kick the ball, rather than handball it off to the nearest player as a default setting.
Thought Cal Brown played a good game and shored up our midfield.
Sidey made an immense difference. This game showed how much he means to us.
I really think Cox is becoming a weapon. The opposition panic and cut off his arms. His leading patterns are vastly improved. Umpires seem more willing to recognise obvious infringements against him.
Injury of Elliott is a setback. He was firing in the first part of the game. Hope he gets better soon.
Ruscoe had alot more impact than last week. Clearly is a player who can find time and space, but struggles under conditions of close pressure and a lockdown style game.

Ruscoe is only 19 years old isn't he?
He has time.
He also kicks a goal in just about every game he plays. There aren't many in our squad that can say that.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:54 am

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Most amusing to see the ones on here, and THEY know who they are, who were bagging the absolute crap out of our team last week, now on this thread singing the teams praises, jumping for joy. ! Not sure id want many of em side by side in my trench, but hey, thats footy i guess. I knew we would hit back hard, and i did tip us pre game too, always great to beat this mob, no matter how we are going on field. !

Yep.

According to some, Buckley had lost the players a week ago but it seems like he won them back again a week later.
The list as it stands right now isn’t great ( on the back of inexperience and unknowns more than anything ) so we’re going to have our ups and downs but the need to put the boots in after round one says more about the posters than it does the coach. Let’s just play a few teams and see we where stand before we start making assessments on Buckley’s 2021 coaching performance.

Maybe...the lack of effort last week is what leads me to suspect there may have been some real feeling in the squad about the treatment of Treloar. Also a bit sus about how downbeat Bucks was in the presser, something def not right

I didn’t see much difference in our lack of effort last week ( and agree it wasn’t good enough ) than I saw in Geelongs or the Lions lack of effort. This stuff happens, it shouldn’t but it does. In fact it’s been happening for over a hundred years. One team wins and one team loses every game they play.
To many people continue to have a false understanding of where this list currently sits. Right now we have a lot of holes, so my suggestion is to just sit back and enjoy every win we chalk up, particularly when you beat Carlton and kick 100 points along the way.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:17 am

I told everyone we should have gone hard for Saad when he was up for trade, absolute jet.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:20 am

Last night only a taste of what we can do —but against the good sides we must ramp it up
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:48 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I told everyone we should have gone hard for Saad when he was up for trade, absolute jet.

Saad gets better with each passing year, not bad for a VFL player nobody wanted other than the Suns, some year back.

But, in hindsight, would we have too many small defenders fighting for limited spots in the side? We have Noble, Crisp, and IQ in the best 22, playing similar roles running out of D50. Thus is Saad one too many?

Plus, Carlton obviously have much more cap space than us to play with.
While Saad wouldn't have a large price tag as such, it seems we couldn't afford him nor Peter Wright, who was also given away for peanuts.

Perhaps by the end of this year, we might have cap space to bring a name player in; perhaps not...

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:01 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Grundy was better tonight but still his hitouts are questionable. A few times he hit the ball in the completely opposite direction his team mates were moving.

Yep, I was a bit aghast when that happened. It was so obviously the wrong place for the ball to be directed. Shocked On another occasion, a centre tap was delivered superbly straight into the hands of a running Adams, so mixed success with the hitouts he won.
What was really pleasing about this week were his second efforts, more like the Grundy of 2019. He showed more of the old intent and energy of back then.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:04 am

I thought he got back to not just tap but general around the ground play
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:09 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

True story: I have a a broken (smashed) iPhone as a result of T.Brown trying to CHEST mark the JDG pass to him at the top of the square in the second quarter instead of using his outstretched arms in the marking contest.

Laughing Laughing Geez RH, I shudder to think what must happen when mistakes are made when the scores are really close. Wink Very Happy

Hehehe. Amazingly it's my first ever thrown phone during a game! I blame it on Carlton. I so badly hate losing against them.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:15 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:
Just watched the replay

The pictures that Thomas has of Buckley must be bad how else does he get a game..

I think the brown boys development is coming along

How many times tonight did we wait for the ball to come to us instead of meeting it with outstretched arms...

Cox still getting knocked off balance just before ball arrives and a combination of running under and being edged under the ball... but he doesn’t take the ball in front of his eyes , if they haven’t fixed it by now ....

Noble is going ok
Quaynor looks the goods
Magden ... na

Buckley has got to free these blokes up, just take it on...

Crisp Moore quaynor noble transition into fwd has to continue and enhanced

True story: I have a a broken (smashed) iPhone as a result of T.Brown trying to CHEST mark the JDG pass to him at the top of the square in the second quarter instead of using his outstretched arms in the marking contest. A certain goal goes begging. He would later attempt a CHEST mark instead of a hands-mark later in the game that resulted in a spoil and stoppage. If his post game review isn't brutal then our club is a joke.

(Typed from my desktop computer.)

It was C. Brown wasn' it and I did the same thing. Basic skill taught in junior footy.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:28 pm

I was right over that goal from Gibbons was top deck mcc and the ball as he kicked it actually went a tad over the boundy line but the view of the ball was covered up so the boundry umpire could not see but its was say a couple of inches over the line as he kicked the ball.

I thought the umpireing was pretty good last night and at last did not favour either team so it was a good performance by the umps.

I did think Pendles was stiff with that deliberate out of bounds in the 3rd quarter it was really the only thing he could do and was stiff its a throw in in this case for mine.

Apart from that was a good performance by the umps.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:39 pm

For everyone's enjoyment - we are now ahead.

Carlton v Collingwood rivalry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlton%E2%80%93Collingwood_rivalry?fbclid=IwAR3vgsZ8ojr1ko5_Zyq4KkErnlO0mfjgS6eZhFpUCgE2fOBlmqA9XC4s63c

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Turnover kings last night was:

Noble
Maynard
Adams (as always) and
IQ

These 4 tended to always cough up the ball in the back half resulting in blues goals probably 3 of them.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:21 pm

What did we think of Callum Browns game i think he was ok created some good play on the wing and held his own too.

Always worry when we play the corridor it doesnt work i prefer when we play along the wings and down the line.

When we went in board we turned the ball over.

Best when we chip it on the wing and less of this switch play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: