Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Blues. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

90 nice wrote:
Turnover kings last night was:

Noble
Maynard
Adams (as always) and
IQ

These 4 tended to always cough up the ball in the back half resulting in blues goals probably 3 of them.

Noble 23 touches at 78 % efficiency
Adams 29 at 62
Quaynor 16. at 75
Maynard 13 at 77

Pendlebury 30 at 67
T Brown 16 at 88
Daicos 16 at 88

And for all those salivating over Saad - 23 touches at 56 %. He struggled to hit a target under pressure all night.

The trick to judging a footballer is to not only focus on the bad.
If all coaches did that, then they wouldn’t have a team to pick from two weeks later.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:35 pm

And whilst Adams and Bruzz were gathering their pocession,s they had spells at reducing Patric Cripps as I hear they gave him some attention

That’s even better

mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:24 pm

The first 30 seconds of the game tells you all you need to know about Saad.
Had an easy option to pass to a teammate in a better position 25m away, but elected to ignore him and bomb it long into 50.

Useless spud. Reminds me of another player no longer on our list.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:55 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Grundy was better tonight but still his hitouts are questionable. A few times he hit the ball in the completely opposite direction his team mates were moving.

Yep, I was a bit aghast when that happened. It was so obviously the wrong place for the ball to be directed. Shocked On another occasion, a centre tap was delivered superbly straight into the hands of a running Adams, so mixed success with the hitouts he won.
What was really pleasing about this week were his second efforts, more like the Grundy of 2019. He showed more of the old intent and energy of back then.

Yes, I remembered that. I am trying to note the really clean centre clearances we have each game. (That means straight from ruckman's hand to teammate and immediate I50.) That was the one for this game.

The other stuff to leave one aghast is when it's a bad bounce favouring Grundy but not bad enough to be called back. I mean when the bounce goes behind Grundy so his opponent cannot reach it. Grundy stretches backwards but still taps it weakly (because he's stretching backwards) forwards. It then of course just dribbles across the centre circle towards his opponent. Sad That's not a very intelligent thing to do.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:03 pm

Presti35 wrote:
I know some poster said they hoped Collingwood would lose... to Carlton... so Bucks would get the arse. ...

Who? Name names!
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:04 pm

masoncox wrote:
Posters keep knocking Noble but he keeps getting the pill time after time.
Yes....he coughs it up once or twice a game.

Yes, he's unfairly made a whipping boy by some. May have something to do with the midget obsession Nick's has.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:06 pm

mgh3536 wrote:
In what world does magden play on Martin!!

Ridiculous

Just wait for him to play on the other Martin. Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:06 pm

No one can accuse Bucks of lacking passion, he had that angry look last night, and couple of times after a passage of play, he banged his fists hard on the table, out of frustration, he still has the passion. As to whether he gets re appointed, thats in lap of the Gods, i really dont want to get into that here, leave that conversation for the other thread, thanks very much.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:07 pm

Rosolino_Leone wrote:
But Crisp with 36 touches is once again the most underrated player at Collingwood. Criminally underrated, nearly 800 meters gained!

I did not notice that. Shocked
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
No one can accuse Bucks of lacking passion, he had that angry look last night, and couple of times after a passage of play, he banged his fists hard on the table, out of frustration, he still has the passion. ...

That's supposed to be bad, not good.

The 2018 almost successful season was supposedly based on chilling a bit and "having more fun" (and delegating more).
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:12 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Cam wrote:
And whatever we offered Cripps for next year needs to be reduced by 25% Laughing

Cripps has had 8 kicks in each of the first 2games. McGuane said on radio this week that he is not an elite mid because he can only run up to 12k’s a game. I hope we aren’t chasing him, he is very over rated.

The new rules don’t suit him either. Way less stoppages and less congestion.
The best big mids should be able to stay on the ground and rest up forward and make a scoreboard impact like Martin ( not that he’s big ) Degoey, Bont, Fyfe etc. You wouldn’t put Cripps in that category.

In the presser, Teague talked up his forward potential. He thought he had some chances.

Last edited by K on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:14 pm

KickTruly wrote:
The game was enjoyable. Did Collingwood play better simply because we are a good team or because we played a bottom eight unproven opposition? I'm not convinced, I saw we made a lot of dumb mistakes, some costing goals. We'll see what the next few games bring against the top five teams.

Yup. We are well beaten by a supposedly very good team in the Dogs. Then we beat a supposedly bad team. That does not prove that we've improved in one week. It's just about the oppo.

The same is true of the ruckman's performance. The coach has been pretty intense to the media about the ruckman. He keeps saying media criticism was based on just one bad game. That's gobsmacking. How can he justify just ignoring the entire season last year? If we should ignore that, why not also ignore 2019 and 2018?
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:25 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
True story: I have a a broken (smashed) iPhone as a result of T.Brown trying to CHEST mark the JDG pass to him at the top of the square in the second quarter instead of using his outstretched arms in the marking contest. ...

(Typed from my desktop computer.)

Try contacting Nic Nat for a new one.

jatsad wrote:
It was C. Brown wasn' it and I did the same thing. Basic skill taught in junior footy.

Ditto.
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:03 pm

Great effort
Is it 2018

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:27 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Grundy was better tonight but still his hitouts are questionable. A few times he hit the ball in the completely opposite direction his team mates were moving.

Yep, I was a bit aghast when that happened. It was so obviously the wrong place for the ball to be directed. Shocked On another occasion, a centre tap was delivered superbly straight into the hands of a running Adams, so mixed success with the hitouts he won.
What was really pleasing about this week were his second efforts, more like the Grundy of 2019. He showed more of the old intent and energy of back then.

Absolutely mate
His efforts in his knees to disrupt or half a contest was awesome and should be highlighted
It was a marked improvement from last week and maybe he’s just started the season a little slower than we the supporters want
Maybe the shorter preseason hasn’t helped him in fact a few of our guys look a little under done but I’m not overly concerned with that more so than team continuity which was much better last night
It was a big step forward last night but we need another step forward next week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: