Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Extinction Rebellion at it again.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:41 pm
Post subject: Extinction Rebellion at it again.Reply with quote

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/climate-change/cops-slam-extinction-rebellion-protest-outside-victorian-parliament/news-story/1b4cc4780108bb72ea4da524183201e2

This pack of tunnel visioned twats are doing more protests.

I love that the council will put the sprinklers on them if they try to camp in the public parks overnight, but I would have really loved it if when the protesters lay on the road covered in white sheets someone contacted the BLM protest organisers and told them that a bunch of KKK members were blocking the street by laying on the road.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you respect their right to protest freely and peacefully, you can hold any private view about them you want, I suppose.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:44 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
As long as you respect their right to protest freely and peacefully, you can hold any private view about them you want, I suppose.

and they making Idiots of themselves by Protesting

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:34 pm

Quote:
Mr Cornelius said just under 2000 police officers had been tasked to respond to the protests planned throughout the week.

He said that was 2000 officers who wouldn't be out keeping their local community safe.

“That’s 2000 members who would otherwise be out in local police stations keeping the community safe,” he said.

That sounds like the problem is with absurd misallocation of police resources to a peaceful protest rather than with the protesters themselves.

I’ll admit to finding Extinction Rebellion’s protest tactics a bit cringeworthy, but I find the heavyhanded police response more offensive. Let’s not forget that their cause is fairly unimpeachable and that a bit of traffic disruption is nothing compared to the disruption that sluggish action on climate change will bring about down the track.

Last edited by David on Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:40 pm

^ Got it in one, David.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:05 am

David wrote:
Quote:
Mr Cornelius said just under 2000 police officers had been tasked to respond to the protests planned throughout the week.

He said that was 2000 officers who wouldn't be out keeping their local community safe.

“That’s 2000 members who would otherwise be out in local police stations keeping the community safe,” he said.

That sounds like the problem is with absurd misallocation of police resources to a peaceful protest rather than with the protesters themselves.

I’ll admit to finding Extinction Rebellion’s protest tactics a bit cringeworthy, but I find the heavyhanded police response more offensive. Let’s not forget that their cause is fairly unimpeachable and that a bit of traffic disruption is nothing compared to the disruption that sluggish action on climate change will bring about down the track.

Like women protestors "Isn't it great they're not being shot" David Wink

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:27 am

2000 officers attached to something that is actually happening and disruptive to the people is better than the 800 officers still committed to Victoria's suspended hotel quarantine program...

But it was no surprise to hear the other day that one of the arrested protesters was out on bail on other matters. Bunch of criminals the lot of them, use whatever means necessary to stop them should be the police response.

Show them the same force used on people who lawfully protested against Dan's ridiculous restrictions and weren't actually disrupting people's lives.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:29 am

It's good that there are people out there who want changes for what they see as the benefit of everyone, instead of just whining about their own inconvenience.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:05 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's good that there are people out there who want changes for what they see as the benefit of everyone, instead of just whining about their own inconvenience.

Yes indeed

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:11 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's good that there are people out there who want changes for what they see as the benefit of everyone,.

That is one legitimate perspective I suppose.

I see a bunch of self entitled, poorly informed, mouth breathing twats just out to inconvenience as many people as they can for no good purpose.

If they think their actions are going to sway a single person's opinion to their side, they are hopelessly deluded.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:03 am

Yes, I know you do. Lots of other people do, also. That's what is wrong with the world.

I don't share this group's views or strategies but I don't feel the need to be so nasty about them.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:16 am

watt price tully wrote:
Like women protestors "Isn't it great they're not being shot" David Wink

Evidently Eddiesmith has a different view. Shocked

Stui, who's more poorly informed: the people who think (100% correctly) that we have a climate crisis on our hands that isn't being dealt with adequately, or the people who are so complacent about that crisis that they're more upset by some mild tram and traffic disruptions (to the extent of wanting to send the tanks in, in Eddie's case)?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:49 am

What are these people who believe we have a climate crisis hoping to achieve with their protest?

Do they genuinely think they will change anyone's mind or garner support for their cause?

I'd stop short of sending the tanks in, I'd just tell the Polic not to stop traffic. If they want to lay on the road, let them do it while cars are driving through and see how long they stay.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:48 am

Because that's the only road in the CBD?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:51 am

Don’t need the tanks, just the water cannons to wash the filth away!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: