Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Clarkson to take leave to 'focus on his wellbeing'

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 11:27 am
Post subject: Clarkson to take leave to 'focus on his wellbeing'Reply with quote

Huge news ~

Clarkson to take leave to 'focus on his wellbeing'

https://www.afl.com.au/news/927831/clarkson-to-take-leave-to-focus-on-his-wellbeing-

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 12:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!!

Incoming huge legal issues for the AFL about mental health and wellbeing.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 1:00 pm

Hope Clarkson and co take the AFL to the cleaners.

The process has been farcical from the start.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 1:18 pm

^There's a clear outpouring for Clarko, fair enough, but let's not forget there's two sides to this story and we need to take this into account.
Irrespective of how this has been handled, I'd implore people to take a moment to gain perspective on the broader story before they offer a byline of what 'they think' as opposed to an informed opinion.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 4:18 pm

The story about the allegations of racist behaviour surfaced last year. There's been no resolution for the complainants and none of the accused has had the opportunity to formally respond to the allegations, so no one can be happy and everyone involved would be suffering from stress and anxiety.

I agree with Jezza, the process has been farcical.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 4:33 pm

LH - I think we can be outraged over how Clarkson has been treated.

The other side of the story are just allegations at this stage. Nothing more, nothing less.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 4:51 pm

^ who's we? Surely today's release wasn't the catalyst for anyone apart from Clarko / Fagan and their families to be 'outraged'. I must have missed the earlier threads on the matter.

Clarko's certainly outraged, it has impacted him personally and professionally. For the rest of us I think not.

What are we to be outraged over? Undoubtedly October until now has been some time, but have you ever known a legal matter with this sort of weight to be resolved any quicker?
If there's been a miscarriage of justice, if you can even call it that, well we'll soon find out. I could see this dragging on for some time yet unless mediation or a settlement is achieved within a few months. It's clearly got willing behind the scenes.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:36 pm

8 months is ridiculous. In a past life I did investigations into allegations of physical violence by Residential Care workers against resi care kids.

We had to stand the alleged perpetrator down from work, with pay, and weren't allowed to even tell them what the allegations were or commence the investigation until the Police gave us clearance that they had finished their investigation. That sometimes took months, meanwhile the alleged perp is sitting at home, not knowing WTF is going on. If they're found guilty, not only do they lose their job but their WWCC so buggered to work in the industry.

Reckon they were stressed much?

I understand the complainants have had issues about how they want the process to work, but natural justice isn't served well by dragging shit out so long with no valid reasons.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:14 pm

Buckley to coach North.

Would close the circle!!

slangman 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:54 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
^There's a clear outpouring for Clarko, fair enough, but let's not forget there's two sides to this story and we need to take this into account.
Irrespective of how this has been handled, I'd implore people to take a moment to gain perspective on the broader story before they offer a byline of what 'they think' as opposed to an informed opinion.

I hope that you’re not referring to the accusers??

The cowardly accusers and amateur “investigators” have not been he’d to account for what had transpired. To have not interviewed Clarkson, Fagan and Birt is farcical and was a deliberate tactic to get to where we are today. It has become more apparent by the day that this was nothing more than a smear campaign to totally destroy their credibility.
I watched Shaun Burgoyne on the Front Bar and as an indigenous player in the same environment, he was absolutely thankful and appreciative of what Clarkson did for him. A polar opposite perspective of Clarko to what has been portrayed by the cowards hiding behind their anonymity.
The rumours years ago of JA not living in the manner a professional footballer should be investigated. You might find that Clarko and co had his best interests at heart with the advice they gave him after turning up to his place to find bongs and drug paraphernalia strewn all over the place.
Phil Egan and the accusers have a lot to answer for. To gutless to go face to face with Clarko because they know that their feral behaviour will be front and centre and most probably in the media.
Clarko called the player out on lack of commitment and professionalism and the player and his partner played the “racist” card!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:03 am

Jezza wrote:
Hope Clarkson and co take the AFL to the cleaners.

The process has been farcical from the start.

Could not agree more

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:11 am

slangman wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

I hope that you’re not referring to the accusers??

The cowardly accusers and amateur “investigators” have not been he’d to account for what had transpired. To have not interviewed Clarkson, Fagan and Birt is farcical and was a deliberate tactic to get to where we are today. It has become more apparent by the day that this was nothing more than a smear campaign to totally destroy their credibility.
I watched Shaun Burgoyne on the Front Bar and as an indigenous player in the same environment, he was absolutely thankful and appreciative of what Clarkson did for him. A polar opposite perspective of Clarko to what has been portrayed by the cowards hiding behind their anonymity.
The rumours years ago of JA not living in the manner a professional footballer should be investigated. You might find that Clarko and co had his best interests at heart with the advice they gave him after turning up to his place to find bongs and drug paraphernalia strewn all over the place.
Phil Egan and the accusers have a lot to answer for. To gutless to go face to face with Clarko because they know that their feral behaviour will be front and centre and most probably in the media.
Clarko called the player out on lack of commitment and professionalism and the player and his partner played the “racist” card!!!

Exactly. The AFL and the media Have blood on their hands.

Collingwood fans got castrated for boooing a seasoned stager, because he also happened to be first nation, not everything is about race. This is out of control. Flog status is not a white only condition.

Some of the accusations are really mind blowing, if true, then he deserves to be in disgrace, but proof is needed, and even Charles Manson was entitled to a defence.

As for the hawks, he took them to four premierships and they have hung him out to dry.

After the do better report fiasco and now this, will any other club be stupid enough to do an internal review?

They want bodies. Not truth.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:36 am

stui magpie wrote:
natural justice isn't served well by dragging shit out so long with no valid reasons.

I agree with this. Nonetheless, I'm disturbed how the narrative has turned so quickly (and some would say predictably) to Clarko being the victim and the Indigenous accusers being at fault.

Many of us said it at the time, and I'll say it again: if Clarkson and Fagan did what they are accused of, they should never coach or be involved in any way in AFL again. So whatever issues we may have with the process taking so long or with how "unreasonable" the complainants have been, or whatever sympathy we feel for Clarkson for having to deal with this for so long, we shouldn't lose sight of the thing that's being investigated here. And neither should we forget that being accused of a horrendous act isn't worse than being subjected to it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:50 am

IF.

such a big important little word.

There are at least 3 sides to every story, so far only an anonymous accusation, which has allowed to have been released. Without proof none of the accused should be on suicide watch.

I’m not saying Clarkson is innocent, or the complainant is lying, I’m saying no one should be found guilty by the gutter media and hung out to dry.

This is just disgusting,

The $$%^%%$ bullshit AFL wants to stamp out bullying, they call out collingwood for booing a flog of a player who happened to be First Nation, and allow the same coach calling it to indorse actual physical harm to a 20 year old kid.

I have never booed any one for the colour of their skin, I have never blindly believed anyone or disbelieved them for the colour of their skin.

EVERYBODY should be treated equally. That INCLUDES white people.

Clarkson is the scapegoat. The AFL is a piece of shit. And the media eats it up

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 2:39 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Buckley to coach North.

Would close the circle!!

I think that Clarkson will have a break until he is appointed Tasmania’s coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: