Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez Treloar's "mental issues" must be hurting him now. And Stephenson clearly isn't putting in at North.

And what do we have? A mendacious clown coach and the whole incompetent circus who have never taken responsibility for its numerous player stuff ups. The clean out should have occurred when Ed walked.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:11 pm

^ Flip is doing pretty well at Hawthorn too.

PyreneesPie wrote:
Well, I reckon Adz might be feeling a bit happier about being kicked out the door now. Smile. He's become an asset in a very, very good team.

If R_Leone is right, Treloar could end this year with a premiership medal!

PyreneesPie wrote:
He and Stevo had a long talk on the ground as the teams walked off. It looked quite serious at certain points. Wonder what they were talking about?? Smile

Very interesting!!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:27 pm

KickTruly wrote:
Just saw Adam Treloar's video kicking a magnificent burst goal today. He kicked 3 goals in total. Stephenson kicked 2 goals for the Roos.

They are the type of players we need, right?

Yep, we definitely need a player like Jayden when we get flogged by 128 points, and Treloar virtually had no opponent/tag and did what he wanted on the winning side.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:38 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
... Treloar virtually had no opponent/tag and did what he wanted on the winning side.

I'm pretty sure Treloar had more of an opponent than Grundy. If he gets space on his opponent maybe it's because he's gut running.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:54 pm

No, it's mostly because they don't care if he gets the ball because he's basically a pointless irrelevance with ball in hand. Do people just erase from their memories why it is that we finished up in a 1-point game with West Coast? Treloar should have iced that actual game of football. Here, he could have gone to the beach and Footscray would still have won by miles. In fact, given that Treloar's ball use is mostly backwards, I expect that if he hadn't played, Bont would have got more of it. Who knows? It might have been 180 points without Treloar.

Not sure that the comparison is fair, of course. Grundy isn't the 15th midfielder from the left that you'd struggle to spot in a line-up, the way Treloar is. Whoever the opposition is, week in, week out, Grundy has to take them. He doesn't get thrown into the midfield some weeks because we're playing a team of children.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:01 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
KickTruly wrote:
Just saw Adam Treloar's video kicking a magnificent burst goal today. He kicked 3 goals in total. Stephenson kicked 2 goals for the Roos.

They are the type of players we need, right?

Yep, we definitely need a player like Jayden when we get flogged by 128 points, and Treloar virtually had no opponent/tag and did what he wanted on the winning side.

To be fair, Stephenson was a good player and has the potential to be a game-breaker, if he puts his best foot forward. Treloar is just a disposal-accumulator. I listened to Mick Malthouse talking about Treloar after the game and waxing lyrical. It didn't sound like Mick's heart was really in it - it seemed more like just another chance to kick Collingwood and he simply wasn't going to let that pass.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
The clean out should have occurred when Ed walked.

It's logical to say that, but politically... does an incoming caretaker, or vice-president etc, have mandate to make such immediate decisions without first consulting the board?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:55 am

shawthing wrote:
So Treloar kicks 3 and has his best game for the Bulldogs. Buckley should be sacked on that decision alone.

I just don’t get it. Why isn’t Ned Guy our list manager sacked for his incompetence in dealing with the salary cap issues that lead to all the departers? Why aren’t Nicksters blaming him when he is to blame far more than Bucks? To me its bloody weird😡

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Lazza wrote:
shawthing wrote:
So Treloar kicks 3 and has his best game for the Bulldogs. Buckley should be sacked on that decision alone.

I just don’t get it. Why isn’t Ned Guy our list manager sacked for his incompetence in dealing with the salary cap issues that lead to all the departers? Why aren’t Nicksters blaming him when he is to blame far more than Bucks? To me its bloody weird😡

Because Clown Coach was up to his neck in creating the mess, particularly in relation to Treloar, that ensued following the initial salary stuff ups?

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:00 pm

piedys wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:
The clean out should have occurred when Ed walked.

It's logical to say that, but politically... does an incoming caretaker, or vice-president etc, have mandate to make such immediate decisions without first consulting the board?

That's a point. I would agree they were not organized enough to carry that off at the time.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:34 pm

Lazza wrote:

My understanding is the salary cap issues predate Guy being our list manager.

I suspect it started when Gubby Allan was brought back to the club in 2016.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:02 am

Iirc gubby Allen was at the club for what 3 months (preseason) after the gws drug cover up. It can’t be he’s stuff up.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:12 am

Agreed, couldn't have been Grubby alone...
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:12 pm

just noted that Adam Treloar has been noted by HS as being one of the biggest improving players in the AFL due to the rule changes. Also due to the fact that the Western Bulldogs play him as an outside mid, where all his fantastic attributes are maximised. The HS article notes that he rates elite for effective disposals and score involvements
Still shaking my head in disbelief that we forced him out for sfa.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:07 pm

Ask them to get back to us when he's elite on effective kicks. The guy was always a spud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 10 of 23   

Jump to: